Death March on NG+

RayCoC99

i finished the game on the pc few months ago and got the ps4 version to platinum it
i saw a glitch you could do using the dlc and start the game on NG+ at level 34 with tons of coin with makes some trophies a lot easier
but i saw people saying death march is more diffcult on ng+ so i don't know what to do
should i star a new game or continue with the ng+ save?

Just now, RayCoC99 said:

i finished the game on the pc few months ago and got the ps4 version to platinum it
i saw a glitch you could do using the dlc and start the game on NG+ at level 34 with tons of coin with makes some trophies a lot easier
but i saw people saying death march is more diffcult on ng+ so i don't know what to do
should i star a new game or continue with the ng+ save?

To be honest just start a new game on death march because it's not that difficult. Especially seen that you've already played it on the pc version so you know familiar with the game which makes it a bit more easier. Using the right oils and signs with the right stats on the skill tree helps alot. My first time i played Witcher on normal difficullty I did not enjoy the game at all. Actually hated it. Then I said I have to have that plat so tried it on the death march and absolutely fell in love with the game and its lore that I even started to read the books lol. 

So new game on death march is the way to go. 

• Like 3

I personally did it NG+ and only really struggled with the final boss as he would kill me in 2 or 3 hits so I basically had to be flawless. It probably would have been easier if had crafted upgraded gear but I used the same stuff through my entire playthrough that ended my previous playthrough with. (I didn't feel like gathering the materials again...)

I have not done DM on a fresh save but I think it would be harder starting from 0 with no abilities or gear.

• Like 1

Until you get the Venom gear (playing with crap found on corpses etc) Death March can be difficult but once you get proper gear and potions it's really easy. After leaving the White Orchid I didn't even feel I was playing on Death March and I did almost 100% of the game on this difficulty. If you're struggling with health items, I suggest finding a chicken/pigs farm and just mediate to respawn them, you'll get plenty of food to suffice until you have Swallow, after that the game's difficulty drops down like my mood every monday.

• Like 2

Its not HARDER on NG+ per sey, I think thats coming from those that havent actually tested it. 

Thing is what u speak off is not the same as a normal NG+, which is perhaps why its getting mislabelled as difficult. 

Now 1 thing almost every1 will say, is that Death March is most difficult starting off! 

Here its a choice of either starting with NOTHING, or starting with EVERYTHING!! Going from NG INTO NG+ is different because u are going from OP to UP, but because on a fresh NG u start with nothing, it's different, u go from UP to OP, and becausw Death March is hard to begin with anyway as u get to grips, the NG+ difficulty balanced with the OP gear you start with is just the same if not easier as it removes the grinding!! 

But doing the NG+ trick, sure enemies are are stronger, but you start the game with good equipment, can upgrade a full set of skills, u get tonnes of money, u get lots of mutagens, u also gets lots of materials and some blueprints. It also lets u get the awesome NG+ sets on ur 1st play!! 

A Trophy Guide would actually need reworking a lot if any incorporated the DLC because with this DLC or the DLC NG+ trick, you start with most the stuff that the guides say u need to look 4, u wont need to grind, u will already have the mutagens, recipes etc

You could actually go overkill as well by grabbing some stuff in the DLC b4 doing the story via the NG+, but its really not needed.

Yea, NG+ has more difficult enemies, but from the get-go, u can OP Geralt and make enemies much easier, you can heal easier, buy more stuff earlier etc etc. 

Death March, starting out u die in a few hits or so anyway, NG+ is the same with its own balances, u get all the free gear to balance it! 

You also start at level 34, removing the grind, as well as money grinding, material grinding, the NG+ trick removes that! 

I made a Platinum Speedrun Guide on this years back (approx 30-40hrs), and doing it now with the DLC, I would most definitely use the NG+ trick. I actually meant to redo the guide with the trick and covering the DLC trophiea as well, just never got it except for messing with the NG+ and see how it works starting with it all in NG on death march, maybe i'll get to it when the PS5 upgrade releases, will make a faster plat!! 

Thats my 2 cents anyway ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Its not HARDER on NG+ per sey, I think thats coming from those that havent actually tested it. 

Thing is what u speak off is not the same as a normal NG+, which is perhaps why its getting mislabelled as difficult. 

Now 1 thing almost every1 will say, is that Death March is most difficult starting off! 

Here its a choice of either starting with NOTHING, or starting with EVERYTHING!! Going from NG INTO NG+ is different because u are going from OP to UP, but because on a fresh NG u start with nothing, it's different, u go from UP to OP, and becausw Death March is hard to begin with anyway as u get to grips, the NG+ difficulty balanced with the OP gear you start with is just the same if not easier as it removes the grinding!! 

But doing the NG+ trick, sure enemies are are stronger, but you start the game with good equipment, can upgrade a full set of skills, u get tonnes of money, u get lots of mutagens, u also gets lots of materials and some blueprints. It also lets u get the awesome NG+ sets on ur 1st play!! 

A Trophy Guide would actually need reworking a lot if any incorporated the DLC because with this DLC or the DLC NG+ trick, you start with most the stuff that the guides say u need to look 4, u wont need to grind, u will already have the mutagens, recipes etc

You could actually go overkill as well by grabbing some stuff in the DLC b4 doing the story via the NG+, but its really not needed.

Yea, NG+ has more difficult enemies, but from the get-go, u can OP Geralt and make enemies much easier, you can heal easier, buy more stuff earlier etc etc. 

Death March, starting out u die in a few hits or so anyway, NG+ is the same with its own balances, u get all the free gear to balance it! 

You also start at level 34, removing the grind, as well as money grinding, material grinding, the NG+ trick removes that! 

I made a Platinum Speedrun Guide on this years back (approx 30-40hrs), and doing it now with the DLC, I would most definitely use the NG+ trick. I actually meant to redo the guide with the trick and covering the DLC trophiea as well, just never got it except for messing with the NG+ and see how it works starting with it all in NG on death march, maybe i'll get to it when the PS5 upgrade releases, will make a faster plat!! 

Thats my 2 cents anyway ;)

i was actully planing to use a speedrun guild i found by optimusmart are you him?
i found this NG+ trick on the last page of his guide on playstationtrophies
if you're him can i still follow the guild using this trick?

Edited by RayCoC99

I'm playing through this now using the NG+ DLC exploit, it's only difficult at the start, I'd recommend at least buying the Gourmet, Undying, Fleet Footed and Exploding Shield skill upgrades, spend the rest on your preferred skills then just dodge, attack and use Quen to protect yourself when needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RayCoC99 said:

i was actully planing to use a speedrun guild i found by optimusmart are you him?
i found this NG+ trick on the last page of his guide on playstationtrophies
if you're him can i still follow the guild using this trick?

Yes thats me m8, thats my old main account which I use as an alt now ;), it's why some of my guides here say by me and Optimusmart, I was transitioning between accounts and couldnt delete my origin when starting a guide (I did try though)!! 

What did I add there, I just added info about the exploit right and said I was going to redo the guide (but havent got to it yet ;()?? 

The NG+ stuff will give u a BIG headstart and save a LOT of grinding, so a shorter platinum. U could also build urself a bit different to begin but I cant really adviae on that as havent got to it yet as said. 

Just remember that they guide has a few typos apparently (1 of the reasons I want to redo it) and a lot of the collecting/grinding may not apply as u may already have so always check ur inventory first!! 

(if ur interested in more of the same, I have a lot of guides done since W3 posted here, plus a lot of my newer guides are done on video with comm via 'Optinoob' over on youtube. Im working on a DEMON SOULS - Everymans Platinum Speedrun next, and trying to do a text guide here for it as well) 

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Yes thats me m8, thats my old main account which I use as an alt now ;), it's why some of my guides here say by me and Optimusmart, I was transitioning between accounts and couldnt delete my origin when starting a guide (I did try though) !! 

What did I add there, I just added info about the exploit right and said I was going to redo the guide (but havent got to it yet ;()?? 

The NG+ stuff will give u a BIG headstart and save a LOT of grinding, so a shorter platinum. U could also build urself a bit different to begin but I cant really adviae on that as havent got to it yet as said. 

Just remember that they guide has a few typos apparently (1 of the reasons I want to redo it) and a lot of the collecting/grinding may not apply as u may already have so always check ur inventory first!! 

Thanks for the really detailed guide, i also used your persona 5 guide which helped me a LOT (im on a alt also)
i wanted to start the game with your guide this morning (it's 11pm here right now) but when i did the exploit i couldn't do the first 2 trophies since it skipped the tutorial so i had to start a normal new game to get those
thats when i started reading ng+ is a lot harder and i started this thread, thanks for your answer i will start towmorrow using your guide

Edited by RayCoC99

12 minutes ago, RayCoC99 said:

Thanks for the really detailed guide, i also used your persona 5 guide which helped me a LOT (im on a alt also)
i wanted to start the game with your guide this morning (it's 11pm here right now) but when i did the exploit i couldn't do the first 2 trophies since it skipped the tutorial so i had to start a normal new game to get those
thats when i started reading ng+ is a lot harder and i started this thread, thanks for your answer i will start towmorrow using your guide

Oh yea the tutorial, yea when/if I redo the guide with DLC, I will advise to do the tutorial on NG, then switch to the NG+ trick. 

Good luck m8, if u did it on PC you will know what u are doing anyway and can improvise accordingly where the NG+ gear makes certain things easier ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/1/2021 at 2:28 AM, Optinooby said:

Oh yea the tutorial, yea when/if I redo the guide with DLC, I will advise to do the tutorial on NG, then switch to the NG+ trick. 

Good luck m8, if u did it on PC you will know what u are doing anyway and can improvise accordingly where the NG+ gear makes certain things easier ;)

I used to think I could just follow your sublime Witcher 3 trophy walkthru using that NG+ exploit. Now I guess I should put the game on hold until you rework it... if you're ever gonna do it. :lol:

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

I used to think I could just follow your sublime Witcher 3 trophy walkthru using that NG+ exploit. Now I guess I should put the game on hold until you rework it... if you're ever gonna do it. :lol:

I really do plan to m8, but im waiting for ps5 version

• Like 1