2020 GOTY Roundup

Abby_TheLastofUs

As others have said, really can't wait for Hades to hit PS4. Besides that, pretty neat that two of the top three are PS4 exclusives. I just bought TLOU 2, so I guess I'll see what all the hype is about.

Doom Eternal was a fantastic game as well - not overall GOTY material for me at all, but I can see why it got a few nominations. Much more fun than the original, which never held my attention, IMO.

39 minutes ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Giving Cyberpunk any GOTY nods is to acknowledge that the industry is okay with the "Bethesda Pass"  or "launch broken/fix later" mentality.

Disrespectful to consumers and the devs at CDPR.

But then are you judging the game or the company? If it were deemed GOTY by someone who judged it only by playing the PC experience, I don’t have any problem with someone thinking it’s their Game of the year. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 8:29 AM, DaivRules said:

But then are you judging the game or the company? If it were deemed GOTY by someone who judged it only by playing the PC experience, I don’t have any problem with someone thinking it’s their Game of the year. 

The PC version is not the masterpiece some people claim it to be. Most of the glitches compilations, broken quests and deleted saves are from the PC version. 

CDPR lied to console players and Cyberpunk is a mediocre/average game, at best, on PC. 

45 minutes ago, ARIXANDRE said:

The PC version is not the masterpiece some people claim it to be. Most of the glitches compilations, broken quests and deleted saves are from the PC version. 

CDPR lied to console players and Cyberpunk is a mediocre/average game, at best, on PC. 

And you are entitled to your opinion of your experience of that game on your PC. Just as people may have had an experience that is completely contrary to yours. Still seems like you aren’t separating the game from the company though when you need to make a statement about the company lying. 

3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Crazy that Persona 5 Royal was the highest rated metacritic release of 2020 and didn't receive a single award

It's actually got 2 of them now but it's to be expected. It's not really considered a new game by most people so it wasn't going to be nominated for many awards. Pretty much a GOTY edition of Persona 5 is how most people view it.

On 11/01/2021 at 10:50 AM, DaivRules said:

And you are entitled to your opinion of your experience of that game on your PC. Just as people may have had an experience that is completely contrary to yours. Still seems like you aren’t separating the game from the company though when you need to make a statement about the company lying. 

I played Cyberpunk 2077 on base PS4, patch 1.05, so it is my own experience.

As you play, you can see the potential, the cracks, the corners that were cut.

The trailers had us think we would get the best of GTA V, RDR 2, Yakuza, Mass Effect, Fallout, Witcher 3, in one single game. I didn't hype myself. CDPR did it for us.

Yeah, I'm disappointed at the game, for the dozens of crashes and performance issues AND CDPR, for lying about the base consoles and so many deleted features.

I got to experience all the bugs, glitches, cut content and poor story depicted in hundreds of YouTube videos. If you haven't played it yourself,  I'm afraid you can't even do that anymore. The "biggest game ever" was delisted from PSN by Playstation. Unprecedented. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE
Correction