UPDATE: Tsukihime Remake Announced, Officially Releasing August 26th (Japan)

Tsukihime-A-Piece-of-Blue-Glass-Moon_202

Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon Announced by Type-Moon (Credit to Gematsu):

Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon, the remake of the 2000-released romance visual novel Tsukihime, will launch for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in summer 2021 in Japan, Type-Moon announced following the Fate Project New Year’s Eve TV Special 2020.

The remake’s staff and voice cast is as follows:

• Staff
    • Scenario and Supervision: Kinoko Nasu
    • Character Design: Takashi Takeuchi
    • Art Director: Hirokazu Koyama
    • Direction and Script: BLACK
    • Graphics: Takao Sougetsu, Kaetsu, Shima Udon, Neko Sunatori
    • Script: Urushinohara
    • Program: Kiyobee
    • Music: Hideyuki Fukasawa, Keita Haga
    • Logo Design: Winfanworks
    • Theme Song: ReoNa “Seimeisen” (Sacra Music)
    • Opening Animation: Ufotable
    • Planning and Production: Type-Moon

• Cast
    • Shiki Toono (voiced by Ryousuke Kanemoto)
    • Arcueid Brunestud (voiced by Ikumi Hasegawa)
    • Ciel (voiced by Kaede Hondo)
    • Akiha Toono (voiced by Shino Shimoji)
    • Hisui (voiced by Kana Ichinose)
    • Kohaku (voiced by Yuuki Kuwahara)

Watch the announcement trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery. Visit the official website here.

SOURCE: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/12/tsukihime-remake-launches-in-summer-2021-in-japan-for-ps4-switch

Edited by MossyOakRcn42
Fixed Title
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon Officially Launching August 26th in Japan (credit to Gematsu):

Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon will launch for PlayStation 4 and Switch on August 26 in Japan for 7,700 yen, Type-Moon announced. It is rated CERO Z.

In addition to the standard edition, the following other editions will also be available:

• First-Print Limited Edition (8,800 yen)
    • Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon game
    • Tsukihime Material I: Material of Blue Glass Moon” art book (100 pages)
    • Case with Takashi Takeuchi illustration

• Digital Deluxe Edition (8,250 yen) – PlayStation 4-Only
    • Tsukihime Material I: Material of Blue Glass Moon” art book digital edition (100 pages)

Here are the specification differences between PlayStation 4 and Switch:

• Resolution
    • PlayStation 4 – 1920×1080
    • Switch
      • TV Mode – 1920×1080
      • Table / Handheld Mode – 1280×720
  • Controllers
    • PlayStation 4
      • Touchpad and mouse supported
      • Vibration not supported
    • Switch
      • Joy-Con, touchscreen, and Pro Controller (wired and wireless) supported
      • Vibration not supported

Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon contains the stories of the “Near Side of the Moon,” which consist of the Aruceid route “Moon Princess” and Ciel route “Rainbow of Night.” The story, which was disassembled and reconstructed by Kinoko Nasu, is set in Tokyo in the 2010s, and has been updated and expanded, with the environmental changes said to create a new sense of tension and realism. It promises to be a nostalgic, yet new Type-Moon starting point portrayed by evolved, beautiful, and profound visuals, production, and music.

Volume 13 of the magazine Type-Moon Ace notes that although the outline of Tsukihime‘s story was written according to the original, the text of the original has been completely rewritten and the volume of each route is said to have more than doubled. In that sense, not only the visual aspect of the game has been improved, but also the scenario itself. The biggest change in the scenario is the “Arcueid Route” and “Ciel Route” double heroine system.

As the subtitle “A Piece of Blue Glass Moon” indicates, it will be “Near Side of the Moon” release that contains the stories of Arcueid and Ciel. Although these is less routes than the original, users who have played the original will be able to experience Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon with a nostalgic, yet new and mysterious feel. The routes not featured in Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon will appear another time, in “another Tsukihime” that depicts “the other side of the moon.”

Here are the summaries of Arcueid and Ciel’s routes:

Introduction

Aah—the moon is as beautiful as ever tonight.

When he was young, Shiki Tohno was seriously injured in an accident.

Driven away into the care of a distant relative, he led a calm everyday life until he received news of his father Makihisa Tohno’s death.

Called back to his family home, awaiting him was his younger sister Akiha, who succeeded their father as head of the family, and two maids.

Life as the eldest son of the Tohno family began anew.

A family with age-old traditions.

Life in a mansion not suited to his character.

Fragments of his memories awakened by scenes of the past, Shiki Tohno crosses paths with a person-shaped creature—.

Tsukihime, the romance visual novel created as a doujin game and still discussed today, is reborn!

Arcueid Route: Moon Princess

Shiki Tohno is a high school student left in the care of a distant relative after an accident seven years ago. After his father’s death, he is called back to his distinguished family home, and his everyday life begins anew in the large estate. However, there were some unsettling signs. One day, while feeling lightheaded, he passes by a woman. His encounter with that woman, who calls herself Arcueid, gets him involved in a battle beyond human comprehension by means of inhuman “Vampires.”

Ciel Route: Rainbow of Night

After an unexpected train ride, Shiki quickly becomes close with Ciel, a popular, older student at his high school. With his best friend Arihiko Inui and new teacher Noel, he had a busy, dream-like everyday life. However, that did not last long. The urge to kill suddenly came to boil. And the tragedy he caused drags him to the depths of despair. Offering an umbrella and warm words, it was Ciel who saved Shiki’s soul.

Characters

• Shiki Tohno (voiced by Ryousuke Kanemoto) – The protagonist. At first glance, he is a mild-mannered and quiet boy with an inclination for literature. Perhaps because of his past experience, he has a someone unique opinion on life and death compared to other people his age.
  • Arcueid Brunestud (voiced by Ikumi Hasegawa) – The heroine. A mysterious woman who, in contrast to her faultless, graceful appearance, shows an innocent, child-like attitude.
  • Ciel (voiced by Kaede Hondo) – An older student who attends Shiki Tohno’s high school. Trademarked by her brisk movements, smiling face, and glasses.
  • Akiha Tohno (voiced by Shino Shimoji) – Shiki Tohno’s younger sister. The young head of the distinguished Tohno family, who succeeded her father after his death.
  • Kohaku (voiced by Yuuki Kuwahara) – The younger sister of the twin maids that serve the Tohno family. The sisters seem to have a very close relationship, with Kohaku doing the cooking and Hisui doing the cleaning, and each helping each other where they need it.
  • Hisui (voiced by Kana Ichinose) – The older sister of the twin maids that serve the Tohno family. Since all of the other servants have been dismissed, the current upkeep of the estate is entirely in the sisters’ hands.

Type-Moon also announced it will host a YouTube live stream on March 30 at 20:00 JST dubbed “Type-Moon Times,” where it will introduce various contents, including its console games, with a focus on the contents published in Volume 13 of Type-Moon Ace. Presenters include Kana Ichinose (Hisui voice actor) and Yuuki Kuwahara (Kohaku voice actor).

View a new set of screenshots at the gallery. Visit the official website here.

SOURCE: https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/tsukihime-a-piece-of-blue-glass-moon-launches-august-26-in-japan

Edited by MossyOakRcn42

I can vaguely recall seeing that first girl somewhere in the past... huh. While I do play VNs, not sure if this one will be my thing... it good for it's type of VN?

Also... I'm just noticing... does Playstation always get that much real estate on that "coming to" section? It has like 3x the space Nintendo is getting. I imagine it is because it is something aimed at Playstation hence why and a Nintendo aimed one would reverse it but... just something that got me thinking.

6 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

I can vaguely recall seeing that first girl somewhere in the past... huh. While I do play VNs, not sure if this one will be my thing... it good for it's type of VN?

Also... I'm just noticing... does Playstation always get that much real estate on that "coming to" section? It has like 3x the space Nintendo is getting. I imagine it is because it is something aimed at Playstation hence why and a Nintendo aimed one would reverse it but... just something that got me thinking.

She's also in Fate/Extra and Melty Blood

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

She's also in Fate/Extra and Melty Blood

Ah. Thank you, must have seen her in places due to one of those yeah. 

Also, searched the main heroine's name to see images and saw some text on the side before flipping to images... damn, a basic search these days can get you what I assume are spoilers. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon Third Trailer, Japanese Box Art (credit to Gematsu):

Tsukihime-Remake_07-19-21.jpg

Publisher Aniplex and developer Type-Moon have released the third official trailer for Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon. The game’s final box art and two new characters were also unveiled.

Watch the trailer below. 

Playstation 4

Nintendo Switch

Noel (voiced by Ai Kayano)

• A teacher transferred to Shiki’s school. She teaches physical education and English.

Mario Giallo Bestino (voiced by Ayane Sakura)

• An acting young priest transferred to Japan from the Holy Church.

Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon is due out for PlayStation 4 and Switch on August 26 in Japan. Read more about the game here. View the box art and character artwork at the gallery.

SOURCE: https://www.gematsu.com/2021/07/tsukihime-a-piece-of-blue-glass-moon-third-trailer-japanese-box-art