RIP MF DOOM

elpoko

RIP Great rapper, think I first heard him on the old adult swim cartoons, than when I saw his mmm..food CD at my local used CD store(yes I’m that old) had to get it. Think I have the Danger Mouse cd too, thought that was really good... can’t really remember the name of it... I haven’t played a CD in years....... damn 2020 sucked....

• Like 1

Only recently got into his stuff after a recommendation by Chris Turner (check him on YouTube - a freestyle rapping comedian - just avoid his recent scripted stuff due to covid restrictions)

I’ll definitely be listening to all of MF DOOM’s stuff with a sadness that there will now be nothing new.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, elpoko said:

Original title of the thread was RIP DOOM but a moderator changed it to RIP MF Doom.

Ouch.

JIoHwTC.png

I'll take the hit for not fixing the capitalization when I added MF so people didn't think this thread was about the game series, but damn. Tried to throw mods right under the bus.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My feelings for MF DOOM were the same as when Phife of A Tribe Called Quest passed away. Both died prematurely, even if they were both past their prime.

Seems that all the good talented artists go too soon, while watered down pieces of crap like Lil Wayne and Kayne West still have legions of idiot fans listening to their trash music. Underground rap is a little less vibrant now with MF DOOM gone. He was probably the most celebrated and well known of the underground rappers.

• Like 1