AryanPrinceSanty

Anyone collect platinums together for big series like Uncharted, Far Cry etc?

20 posts in this topic

There is always a plan

but I never hold on to it. Gaming-wise

Yup, it's one of my big flaws, it handicaps me when it comes to playing, more often than not I force myself to play shit in the name of having an entire series done. Series that I'm working on and will do at some point are (under a spoiler for the sake of others lol):

Spoiler

1. Xenomorph/Alien - 3 games done, will finish Alien Isolation's second stack once I own PS4.

2. Assassin's Creed - On PS3 I just need to do AC Rouge and clean up offline stuff in AC3 and AC4. On PS4 only Unity has online trophies but they are quick and easy so I will do them asap once I have the PS4.

3. Batman - I did online stuff and DLC in Batman Origins and I own every other game in the series, will do it at some point.

4. Bioshock - Did online trophies and DLC i Bioshock 1 & 2 and finished Infinite, offline cleanup left. 

5. Call of Duty - Right now I have every single platinum on PS3 done, I will be buying MW3, Ghosts & BO2 DLC this year (I already own a season pass for Advanced Warfare and BO3).

6. Castlevania - If they don't delist the older games from the series, I will buy them this year and work on the series.

6. Dark/Demon's Souls - I own all of these games and they are all offline, I just need to have more spare time than I now have to commit to these games truly. 

7. Dead Island - Need to do Dead Island Retro Revenge and Escape Dead Island but they are offline so no rush here,

8. Dead Rising - Did DR2 and DR2: OTR, will wait on some sale for DR 1 and DR4 on PS4 and the series is done.

9. Dead Space - Dead Space 2 and two spin-offs still left to do.

10. Devil May Cry - I loved playing DMC on PS2 so I will definitely give this one a try, + they are all offline so no rush here.

11. Dishonored - Death of the Outsider left and I will try to do DLC in Dishonored again, but no pressure here, one 100% is enough for me.

12. DOOM - I'm happy that I was able to grab Doom Classic Complete before it got delisted, I just need to do online trophies in DOOM and DOOM Eternal and the series is as good as mine.

14. Far Cry - I will finish online trophies in Far Cry 2 before the end of summer I hope, and after that, I need to do FC5 & New Dawn on PS4.

15. God Of War - Only God Of War (2018) left here.

16. GTA - GTA VC and GTA 3 needed to have all GTA's finished, I have 100% in GTA V on PS3, but I will try to do it again on PS4.

17. GRID - As with Far Cry  I will finish online trophies soon in Grid Autosport and GRID 2019 is all offline. 

18. Hitman - PS3 is done, just need to do Hitman S1 & 2 + Hitman GO. (Did online trophies in Hitman 2 before shut down so I'm safe here).

19. InFamous - everything is done.

20. Jak and Daxter - Jak X Racing left for PS4.

21. Just Cause - I own all the games and their DLC's + they're all offline so it will be done someday.

22. Lara Croft/Tomb Raider - the only thing that could stop me from having all of her games done is if they shut down coop for The Rise of the Tomb Raider. Other than that it's all good, will get it done.

23. Mafia - M1 & 3 on PS4 for the trilogy to do.

24. Medal of Honor - Medal of Honor Frontline HD is what's left for the trilogy to be done here.

25. Metro - Metro Exodus left here.

26. Need for Speed - Offline grind left in Shift 2 and I'm done with PS3, PS4 will be quicker and easier to finish so the series will be done.

27. Prince of Persia - right now I'm working on the PoP 2008, after that I will play through the OG series and it will be done.

28. Ratchet & Clank - I already own every single game in the series and have done "online" trophies in two of them so here is just a matter of playing through the same game in a slightly different setting multiple times. Definitely will get it done one day.

29. Red Faction - I will boost Guerilla on PS4 and after that, it's all offline = easily doable. 

30. Red Dead Redemption - the only thing that scares me off is the length of the RDR 2 plat. Other than that I can do it.

31. Resident Evil - already did all online trophies in RE5, 6, and Operation Raccoon City, soon will boost Revelations. If they don't shut down Umbrella Corps & Resistance in the next year I can have every single RE game done.

32. Saints Row - DLC in SR4 left, need to wait with that one until I have another PS3, I cannot install it on my current console.

33. Sly Cooper - I need to buy the physical version of SC Trilogy to own Sly Minigames, other than that it's another series I will have fully finished.

34. Sniper Elite - Sniper Elite 4 left.

35. Sniper Ghost Warrior - not my proudest series but I have a guilty pleasure for sniper games. SGW 3 & contracts left on PS4.

36. Tekken - Tekken 7 left on PS4. Technically it's a spin-off but it has Tekken in its title - Street Fighter x Tekken - I will self boost online trophies soon.

37. The Sims - I own all of them, all of them are offline.

38. Splinter Cell - Did online trophies in Blacklist, just need to sit down and play through the 4 games one day.

39. Trine - Trine 3 & 4 left on PS4, but I will do Trine 2 twice on PS4 because I love this game and it has some nice ultra-rare trophies.

40. Watch Dogs - With Watch Dogs Legion coming out, I'm pretty confident I will get the plat in it, the 1st and 2nd game just need DLC clean up.

41. Wolfenstein - W2 and Youngblood left on PS4, yes I know this game just like Doom and Batman has VR game but I don't really give a fuck about VR, maybe I will get it maybe I won't. Don't think it's worth it just for like 15 games.

I did it with far cry- FC3 remastered, FC4, Primal and 5 it felt good to have it all together, even though after primal i really didn't wanted to continue playing basically the same game 😅

I was keen to do this when they announced the Mafia Trilogy for PS4. Unfortunately, Mafia 3 didn't get a separate trophy list and I already got the plat, so I scrapped the idea.

I've been thinking of doing this for the Tales of games that had PS3 ports but at the back of my mind I hear Samuel L Jackson saying, "Motherfucker are you crazy?!"

If anything, I'd rather space out games in the same series. It just looks unnaturally fake imo if you've got all games in a series together.

I've done it a couple of times, not exactly like the OP's method but consecutive plats nonetheless.

First time was God of War I-III then Ascension. Couldn't say why but oddly enough I completed them in reverse order.

Other time was Uncharted 1-3 on PS3, but I had trophies in all of them before going back for the plats.

I'm trying to do it with all the Metal Gear Solid platinums, but with a slightly different angles to it.
I want to have them in the trophy milestones instead, so saving them for all the special occasions instead.

No, I never though about it. 😅

When I want to see my trophies in order I ccome to the site. 

Truetrophies  has a  ladder regarding this, alongside publishers and devs ladder too, I dabbled in it for a bit, but at some point, you can't ignore the amount of money wasted on shitty games just because it has a specific name in it, though I'm at the top 400 on the Square Enix ladder, so maybe I'll just press on.

Posted (edited)

i don't do it that way but i try to go for sets with franchises i like for what's on PS4 specifically, i don't have anything crazy that goes across ps3 10 game list or something like that but i have the Arkham Trilogy+2 Telltale seasons so that's like a ps4 Batman 5 game list, i have 5 Uncharted plats all ps4 ones, i have 4 Naruto plats all UNS ps4 ones, those are the 3 sets i'm proud of, there are smaller sets like Gravity Rush, Knack, i plan on going for Darksiders and Valkyria sets in the future

Edited by LockheedPrime

I spent most of the past year working on my PS3 backlog so I ended up getting all of the Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, and Tomb Raider games done together. I doubt those franchises will be getting new games anytime soon so it's pretty cool to have them all completed.

I have every Final Fantasy trophy

I did this once with the God of War games when they were re-released on the  PS3 and it was very satisfying to plat 3 in a row back to back. As much as I enjoyed it though I usually just play the games through instead of waiting to plat them together. Did it for several: Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Jak and Dexter, etc. I sorely miss the alphabetized trophy option for when viewing trophies on your PS4 so you could see your series all together. 

I was gonna make my 7th to 9th plat be Uncharted 1-3 and then my 10th one be my first Vita plat with Uncharted GA. Unfortunately I missed one treasure for the DLC trophies in UC3 and I don't want to be stuck with a platinumed 98% game. So now I have to swap out what was supposed to be the UC3 plat for something else. Probably Resistance 3.

Posted (edited)

Yes, it's my specialty, but not all at once. Instead, I simply aim to complete series at my own pace or upon new installment releases.

Of course because of how gigantic the gaming media is, there are some series I simply will never fully complete, not due to lack of skill but other things. I always do all the Naruto games, Dragon Ball games, Dead Space games, Crysis games, Killzone games, Resistance games, Uncharted games, inFAMOUS games, Jak and Daxter games, Sonic games, and Shantae games and several other series, but there's simply no way I can do this task for other series, like Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, and Call of Duty. It's too much, with or without time. Some series I get into to experiment with or because I like a particular thing it does differently. Despite series being my specialty, I will never attempt or succeed in trying to complete every single series I put on my profile, because that's insanity. But my actual favorite series are always prioritized.

Edited by EcoShifter

I try to, however some things are out of your control, e.g. Mafia 3 released before the 1&2 remakes. New DLCs are also something that manipulates the order so to speak. 

I'm doing this for the Tomb Raider games rn and I recently did this for the Metro trilogy! Its pretty satisfying to see a completed series back to back in the trophy list.