Predator Campaigns are making me HATE this game,

It's super unbalanced, 3 extreme predator challenges in a row and with handicaps? What the fuck were they thinking when they created this bullshit challenges? I think I'm going to give up already, it's literally making me hate the game... Apart from finding 400 collectables, this must be one of the worst trophy list ever done.

• Like 4

Just take your time and you'll beat them. Watch some videos for tactics and strategy, but not Batman Arkham Videos - they are just to show off. Yes, they are hard, but at least Top of the World isn't part of Predator Master campaign.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

Just take your time and you'll beat them. Watch some videos for tactics and strategy, but not Batman Arkham Videos - they are just to show off. Yes, they are hard, but at least Top of the World isn't part of Predator Master campaign.

It's the last in the Predator Expert, meaning I have to go through 2 other challenges every time I want to even try...

I can tell you how I always went through the campaign stuff. I always tried to get rid of as many as possible of the handicaps in my first challenge. Might take a few attempts to finish a challenge with 3 handicaps, but at least that will take a burden of your shoulders for the remaining challenges. 

Watch youtube videos for the challenges and take your time, you have no time limit apart from some positioning of enemies based on time.

• Like 3

I’ve never been a fan of the challenge maps. The Arkham series is by far my favourite video game franchise, and yet I’ve never beaten more than a dozen of the challenge maps in City. I completed Asylum’s due to it not having too many, and I don’t find the combat challenges too difficult. I did Origins too, I think there was less than City(?). And I’ve done a boat load in Knight (the few handfuls of stars needed for the heroes, villains & bat mobile maps as it didn’t require me to do them all, if I struggled with one I could move on, and that was allowed a handful of times. City’s has the worst challenge maps in my opinion. I’ve platinum & 100%’d Asylum, Origins, and Knight (I’ve platinumed & almost 100’d Knight twice, that’s how much I enjoy that particular entry). But City’s just seem so boring and tedious. Maybe one day...

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I’ve never been a fan of the challenge maps. The Arkham series is by far my favourite video game franchise, and yet I’ve never beaten more than a dozen of the challenge maps in City. I completed Asylum’s due to it not having too many, and I don’t find the combat challenges too difficult. I did Origins too, I think there was less than City(?). And I’ve done a boat load in Knight (the few handfuls of stars needed for the heroes, villains & bat mobile maps as it didn’t require me to do them all, if I struggled with one I could move on, and that was allowed a handful of times. City’s has the worst challenge maps in my opinion. I’ve platinum & 100%’d Asylum, Origins, and Knight (I’ve platinumed & almost 100’d Knight twice, that’s how much I enjoy that particular entry). But City’s just seem so boring and tedious. Maybe one day...

In my opinion combat challenges in Arkham City are super easy, and Predator normal challenges are ok, but Predator Extreme challenges are super hard and they make you do some stupid stuff that depends on the AI of the enemies, and on top of that there are 2 campaigns that make you do 3 extreme challenges in a row and with only 3 retries, it's insane... I have all the ranked challenges and 8 out of 12 campaign challenges, but the 4 left are driving me mad, 2 of them are 3 extreme predator challenges and the other 2 are 2 extreme predator challenges + 1 combat challenge and I think those are impossible to beat for me, it's kinda sad after all the hours doing all the other challenges. I don't understand how 10% of psnprofiles users have done it, I wonder how.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The combat challenges were exceedingly easy for City, after the first 2, I was inspired to go back to Asylum and finish the challenges for the platinum. Once that was done I did the rest of City's combat ones then did NG+ and circled back for the predator challenges. The difficulty went from 4 or 5 to 11. Simply ridiculous IMO, completing the extreme ones once was hard enough but to do a "campaign" of them is insane. I won't attempt the campaigns right now, if ever, and will move onto Arkham Knight. Kudos to anyone who has completed them for both Batman and the dlc characters. 

Edited by da-Noob123
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the batman ones weren't terribly bad, but the dlc ones are really really bad. You have underpowered characters that have hands down the worst requirements revolving around limited use abilities is just an exercise in frustration. There are several videos out there that show how to do things, but even matching them but being <.5 seconds faster or slower can make the matches completely different and not doable.

I'm down to about 4 or 5 campaigns myself. One for Catwoman and I think 1-2 for Robin and Nightwing each. One of catwoman's royally pissed me off. I kept the auto knock out until the 3rd map and it didn't work because she didn't have anything that could be used to auto knock out.

I remember getting those on the original Arkham City - it’s a long slog for sure.

The Catwoman ones are great fun, as she has a distinctly different move set, so they are interesting and you have to think differently, but Nightwing and Robin might as well just be called ‘Shit Batman’ and ‘Shittier Batman’

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2021 at 9:09 PM, Lezonidas said:

It's super unbalanced, 3 extreme predator challenges in a row and with handicaps? What the fuck were they thinking when they created this bullshit challenges? I think I'm going to give up already, it's literally making me hate the game... Apart from finding 400 collectables, this must be one of the worst trophy list ever done.

The worst handicap is the remaining time and the super shield 

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...