Top Hat Studios issues statement saying they will not censor Sense - 不祥的预感: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story

1 minute ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Has anyone ever wondered if all these small time devs create this controversy to rack up sales?

Like I never heard of this company or game but supposedly they are big enough to receive death threats?

that can be the case as this is the second game that has clamed this but yeah if it is true good on them for not bending the knee but it could be used as a means to get extra money but yeah you never truly know now adays

1 minute ago, KANERKB said:

that can be the case as this is the second game that has clamed this but yeah if it is true good on them for not bending the knee but it could be used as a means to get extra money but yeah you never truly know now adays

That is the suspicious thing.

I mean there are a lot of people that will support them because "they didn't cave". So this is amazing PR for them that is probably completely fruitless. I guarantee you will see more devs trying this in the future because it shows that it works.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I think the Internet needs to stop pretending these type of things are news because it is all part of the game. Just like Paris Hilton was so "outraged" that her sex tape leaked since it led to her having a very profitable career.

...isn't Paris a heiress to one of the world's largest 5-star hotel chains? Her profitable career happened just by being born. Sex tape not warranted.

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

That is the suspicious thing.

I mean there are a lot of people that will support them because "they didn't cave". So this is amazing PR for them that is probably completely fruitless. I guarantee you will see more devs trying this in the future because it shows that it works.

we might see them but yeah we never know but yeah I know what you mean as a lot of random companies could do this but yeah you never know now adays but yeah

2 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

...isn't Paris a heiress to one of the world's largest 5-star hotel chains? Her profitable career happened just by being born. Sex tape not warranted.

Did anyone know her name before that tape? After it was released she was in tv shows, movies, had a singing career, released make up etc.  Yes she would have been fine financially but she wouldn't have been known for her own name.

The point is these type of games would sell awfully if released on their own...so you create some drama and all of a sudden you have defenders running from all over offering their support.

I do find it funny that some of the same people that would throw their support blindly behind a game like this are the same people who shake their fist at SJWs...even though they are doing basically the same thing :P

• Like 3

I was going to get the Switch version anyway but this news tipped me over the edge into actually pre-ordering it. I'll be interested to see how the PS4 and Vita versions go, because we all know how scissor happy Sony are these days so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if those two get cancelled so the devs don't have to censor them.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

1 minute ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Did anyone know her name before that tape? After it was released she was in tv shows, movies, had a singing career, released make up etc.  Yes she would have been fine financially but she wouldn't have been known for her own name.

She had a TV show in production with her in it, before that tape. So yeah, people knew her.

I'm not a supporter of censorship, but I will jump in here after looking up Google images for this game to say that no woman on Earth with half a brain and a decent medical insurance plan would allow her boobs to be that big. Boobs are heavy as hell and cause a lot of back problems at the larger cup sizes on a normal scale (Ds and DDs). What are those, triple Ks? lol Geez. ?

• Like 3

They probably are trying to get extra publicity from this, but good for them. If only we could rely on each platform holder to respect and allow developers to release the game they want, this wouldn't be news in the first place.

1 minute ago, Kristen Danielle said:

I'm not a supporter of censorship, but I will jump in here after looking up Google images for this game to say that no woman on Earth with half a brain and a decent medical insurance plan would allow her boobs to be that big. Boobs are heavy as hell and cause a lot of back problems at the larger cup sizes on a normal scale (Ds and DDs). What are those, triple Ks? lol Geez. ?

These video game characters will probably survive the pain.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

I'm not a supporter of censorship, but I will jump in here after looking up Google images for this game to say that no woman on Earth with half a brain and a decent medical insurance plan would allow her boobs to be that big. Boobs are heavy as hell and cause a lot of back problems at the larger cup sizes on a normal scale (Ds and DDs). What are those, triple Ks? lol Geez. 1f602.png

Every time someone talks about boobs and practicality, I think about this tribute to Mozart.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

She had a TV show in production with her in it, before that tape. So yeah, people knew her.

Oh, I don't have her entire life memorized...sorry.

My point still stands, her popularity grew exponentially after that tape. In this thread alone there is already 2 people that said they will support this game due to this controversy so I think my point has been made.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh, I don't have her entire life memorized...sorry.

My point still stands, her popularity grew exponentially after that tape. In this thread alone there is already 2 people that said they will support this game due to this controversy so I think my point has been made.

Apology accepted. It is not nice to dismiss a woman's integrity of motive for a forum point based on misinformation :)

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eraezr said:

So yeah, people have been threatening the studio saying their game promotes violence and that if they don't comply, they'll kill the devs....lol

The game has already launched on Steam where it's currently 25% off. It's about to launch on Switch and the PS4 | Vita ports are on their way soon.

Promotes violence to whom? If someone wants to play these games that's because they're okay with it. If not, then no trailer or demo or leaked concept art will make them suddenly be into killer boobs.

Edited by Swithop