Top Hat Studios issues statement saying they will not censor Sense - 不祥的预感: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story

7 hours ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

You're ignoring the facts in order to use a useless label. People only use it refer to themselves to mess with people that use it as an insult.

Leftists don't like Joe Biden, they supported Tara Reade. Liberal outlets like The New York Times attacked her credibility, while nominally leftist outlets like The Intercept were leading the charge in giving her story attention. 

Using "SJW" in this context would only make sense if you were only referring to liberals, which wouldn't line-up with whatever criticism this game has gotten because that's something that spans the political spectrum.

I'm using "SJW" because people with "SJW" identification in their Twitter bios, tweeted demeaning things to Tara and death threats. It's not rocket science. The left was certainly not unanimously united in their dislike for Joe Biden. If its majority was not locked in vapid identity politics of the left-right religion, candidates like Sanders would have taken the DNC ticket.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

She had and still has no integrity. So no need to take a jab after he already conceded the point.

That wasn't a jab. I clearly meant it when I said integrity of motive, given that I'm not partial to incel-like proclivities where an individual brings down women and minorities in trying to posit a faux-intellect analogy.

But you go on; shaming a lady. Don't let me stop you.

17 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

She had and still has no integrity. So no need to take a jab after he already conceded the point.

Also it was a sarcastic apology but...whatever :P

My actual point was people exploiting controversy for sales and this thread has completely proved that point.

Also between this thread and the other one I have added quite a few people to my Ignore list as...so that is fun :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Also it was a sarcastic apology but...whatever :P

My actual point was people exploiting controversy for sales and this thread has completely proved that point.

Also between this thread and the other one I have added quite a few people to my Ignore list as...so that is fun :)

And you certainly aren't wrong about how Paris Hilton got her claim to fame, as that is exactly what happened. Just because she is a female doesn't mean we aren't allowed to point out that fact, lmao. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Oh, I don't doubt it. Censorship is dumb, but defending a game from censorship and actually being willing to carry that weight around yourself are two different things. Besides, I'm not against the game. I was just trying to make a joke of how silly such boobs were. If y'all want to imagine that happening in the real world, be my guest. lol

You’d be surprised how many women are gifted out there. Let’s not pretend they don’t exist. I had to mention it once the oh-so-classic line “backs must really hurt” showed up. Even their eyes roll harder than these keyboard warriors.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, G4Knight said:

You’d be surprised how many women are gifted out there. Let’s not pretend they don’t exist. I had to mention it once the oh-so-classic line “backs must really hurt” showed up. Even their eyes roll harder than these keyboard warriors.

I'm not a keyboard warrior. That's me in my profile pic, so I'm a woman who knows about the pain from personal experience. Like I said, though, it was more or less meant to be a joke, so I'm not going to sit here and discuss or argue about boobs. lol

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

And you certainly aren't wrong about how Paris Hilton got her claim to fame, as that is exactly what happened. Just because she is a female doesn't mean we aren't allowed to point out that fact, lmao. 

Especially when you are trying to make that point on a thread that is about a game with fetishized women.

Anyways, there are 5 or 6 new people on my ignore list so that is just the way it goes :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

I'm not a keyboard warrior. That's me in my profile pic, so I'm a woman who knows about the pain from personal experience. Like I said, though, it was more or less meant to be a joke, so I'm not going to sit here and discuss or argue about boobs. lol

Didn't say you were. Clearly.

13 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Especially when you are trying to make that point on a thread that is about a game with fetishized women.

Anyways, there are 5 or 6 new people on my ignore list so that is just the way it goes :)

We can have an Ignore list? Please tell me it's not premium exclusive.

4 hours ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

I looked through that tweet that was linked here, and I saw maybe two or three replies that could be read as asking the game to be censored. Most of the negative comments directed at it are making fun of the game, not calling for it to be cancelled. There's over 700 replies, so there's the possibility I could have missed something, but more likely it seems this is a manufactured controversy on the publisher's part to increase sales of a game that's already bombed on Steam.

Scrolling through the Top Hat Studio's twitter account, they average less than 30 retweets per tweet, but their anti-censorship posturing tweet got over 4000 retweets and they gained over 2000 new followers in a day. It's maybe the most attention they've ever gotten. 

Meanwhile, the game has been out since August on Steam and has only 125 reviews and at one point it was pulled from sale due to poor player feedback. The most recent reviews are applauding the devs for "sticking it to the SJWs", with some stating they aren't even going to play the game. They just want to support the devs.

Like I said at the top, this whole controversy was cooked up by the publisher to get people to buy a game that bombed. People make fun of a game that no one was going to buy, publishers use the newfound attention to play the victim and get some sales out of it. 

A lot of these death threats are sent via dms.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2021 at 4:26 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

Has anyone ever wondered if all these small time devs create this controversy to rack up sales?

Like I never heard of this company or game but supposedly they are big enough to receive death threats?

I think the Internet needs to stop pretending these type of things are news because it is all part of the game. Just like Paris Hilton was so "outraged" that her sex tape leaked since it led to her having a very profitable career.

Case in point :P

This is something that is being debated by some people on Twitter, I for never heard of this controversy at all and I'm pretty grounded to alot of this stuff.

Going through there was a few objectors of the game over the main character's art style which will always happen. But I never once seen a huge a push from anywhere in trying to get the game removed or censored more people sharing their opinions on the game if anything.

I also haven't seen a single death threat and even those that could be sent only privately none have been shared and I doubt this would be significant enough of an issue to send a death threat over.

This game has been heavily marketed by Top Hat, and the fact they are doing this I feel may be to draw more attention to the game since it's probably getting overshadowed by CyberPunk 2077. Without a doubt since posting this they have got a swarm of new purchases for Steam and Switch.

Because let's face it Censorship is such an easy way to push people's buttons and get them to open their wallets. They even have almost no info about what it was directly inferring too even, one could say this is to let people's minds run wild about what it really is. (Though personally before finding out what is was about, I was thinking it was going to have to do with more anti-political or anti-government stances mist CyberPunk style games are known for.)

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 2

Just now, Lord_Bane999 said:

This is something that is being debated by some people on Twitter, I for never heard of this controversy at all and I'm pretty grounded to alot of this stuff.

Going through there was a few objectors of the game over the main character's art style which will always happen. But I never once seen a huge a push from anywhere in trying to get the game removed or censored more people sharing their opinions on the game if ajything.

I also haven't seen a single death threat and even that those could be sent only privately none have been shared and I doubt this would be significant of an issue enough to send a death threat over.

This game has been heavily marketed by Top Hat, and the fact they are doing this I feel may be to draw more attention to the game since it's probably getting overshadowed by CyberPunk 2077. Without a doubt since posting this they have got a swarm of new purchases for Steam and Switch.

Because let's face it Censorship is such an easy way to get push people's buttons and get them to open their wallets. They even have almost no info about what it was directly inferring too even almost one could say let people's minds run wild about what it really is. (Though personally before finding out what is was about, I was thinking it was going to have to do with more anti-political or anti-government stances mist CyberPunk style games are known for.)

I for one, welcome the additional sales regardless. The salt is delish.

9 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Going through there was a few objectors of the game over the main character's art style which will always happen. But I never once seen a huge a push from anywhere in trying to get the game removed or censored more people sharing their opinions on the game if anything.

I also haven't seen a single death threat and even those that could be sent only privately none have been shared and I doubt this would be significant enough of an issue to send a death threat over.

Because let's face it Censorship is such an easy way to push people's buttons and get them to open their wallets. They even have almost no info about what it was directly inferring too even, one could say this is to let people's minds run wild about what it really is. (Though personally before finding out what is was about, I was thinking it was going to have to do with more anti-political or anti-government stances mist CyberPunk style games are known for.)

Right, it just seemed to convenient.

But look at the sales this thread alone brought in. People make fun of SJWs but at the same time blindly defend and support a cause they believe in.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

But look at the sales this thread alone brought in.

New Vita game in 2021, with a limited edition likely coming from Play-Asia, meant they already had a purchase from me. :yay:

For context, they also brought Kawaii Deathu Desu and Big Dipper to Vita in past 6 months. I hadn't heard from them and wouldn't have known about this developer if it weren't for some twitter feeds I follow for Vita news.