Sully0988

Valkyries

22 posts in this topic

So err I can't even beat one Valkyrie... Gunnr the easiest one¬†ūüėŹ

 

Wtf am I doing wrong!? What armour is best?

 

I feel I won't platinum this game after all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It mostly comes down to having patience and learning to recognize patterns (and learning how to parry and dodge to deal with them, of course). Of course, the later you're into the game, the better, since you will have better equipment, but these things I said are the most important ones in the grand scheme.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recommend doing the Valkyries towards the end when you have really good armor. Learn the patterns and have patience, don‚Äôt panic either. Learn the timing too, ‚Äúhow many seconds does it take for her to do that move‚ÄĚ etc. Take a break on time because the more frustrated you get the worse you play.

 

I could’ve beaten the last Valkyrie on Normal difficulty but because of my impatience for wanting to move on to the next game, I am guilty of lowering the difficulty hehe.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

For defence, just study their patterns, make sure to roll away a lot and use your shield whenever you're not attacking. Atreus is also very helpful to stop the attacks where they first get in the air. Now for offence, if you want to defeat them quickly, alternate between your flames of chaos and axe so you can use 4 runic attacks in total, I defeated the hardest ones in less than a minute thanks to that and being leveled up enough helps greatly as well. Another tip is to press twice on L1 to hit them with your shield while they're protecting themselves to break up their defence before attacking them. It also felt impossible to me at first but don't worry about it, it's an easy platinum.

Edited by Z-A-N-D-R-O
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

If you're interested, you could check the build and Valyries guides in the Platinum Walkthrough here. 

 

I came up with a build, in my opinion anyway, that you can almost just run at each Valkyrie and tank them without learning their movesets too much. 

 

The Valkyrie Queen requires a bit more finesse, but the build almost cheeses her as well. It's all in the Platinum Wallthrough, just scan through it till you find the Valkyries. Once I had got the build down and going, iirc, I beat the Queen my 2nd or 3rd attempt and im usually pretty bad, was mainly due to the build! 

 

One thing I will mention and that geta overlooked is the Squirrel ability (can't remember name/type etc). Most places will advise you to fill ur rage meter via enemies first, but the Squirrel drops Rage bottles, allowing you to max ur rage gauge ANYWHERE at ANYTIME without enemies!! 

 

 

EDIT: Just having a quick scan over the guide, you just need to check out the Character Build section as that will tell you EXACTLY what you need, why you need it, where you get it along with images of it ;)

Edited by Optinooby
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've beaten 2 so far after completing story. Hit them with all my best moves at the start, used the rage, everything that allowed me to dominate. Once I was out of that and on the defense I just focused on staying alive. Figured out which of Atreus weapons worked best and just kept hitting them with his arrows and special attacks to chip away at them. Once they were low enough just go at them again. 

 

Probably not the best approach if aiming for efficiency.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Optinooby said:

If you're interested, you could check the build and Valyries guides in the Platinum Walkthrough here. 

 

I came up with a build, in my opinion anyway, that you can almost just run at each Valkyrie and tank them without learning their movesets too much. 

 

The Valkyrie Queen requires a bit more finesse, but the build almost cheeses her as well. It's all in the Platinum Wallthrough, just scan through it till you find the Valkyries. Once I had got the build down and going, iirc, I beat the Queen my 2nd or 3rd attempt and im usually pretty bad, was mainly due to the build! 

 

One thing I will mention and that geta overlooked is the Squirrel ability (can't remember name/type etc). Most places will advise you to fill ur rage meter via enemies first, but the Squirrel drops Rage bottles, allowing you to max ur rage gauge ANYWHERE at ANYTIME without enemies!! 

 

 

EDIT: Just having a quick scan over the guide, you just need to check out the Character Build section as that will tell you EXACTLY what you need, why you need it, where you get it along with images of it ;)

You absolute legend!! 

 

I setup some of these things in your guide and beat the Valerie first time!! Then when I beat it I unlocked more golden armour. ūüėĀ

 

Mad respect! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sully0988 said:

You absolute legend!! 

 

I setup some of these things in your guide and beat the Valerie first time!! Then when I beat it I unlocked more golden armour. 1f601.png

 

Mad respect! 

 

Its nothing friend, some of us just spend time doing trial/error so others don't have to ;)

 

Glad ur on the way to wiping hem out!! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s a light runic attack but it’s a ice beam that I found effective. I used it straight away and managed to take away a fair chunk of health. Hope that helps! And remember Atreus! Spam galore!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just throwing it out there I'm not a strategy type player usually I brute force my way through stuff I even exclusively used melee in kingdom hearts games besides heal or if a puzzle called for a spell. So that's the set up for the basis that u can definitely brute force the valkyries you do need to know some tricks tho like using the squirrel to refill your stuff 

 

But what came in handy in combat in god of war for me is you can actually combo with your son most use them seperatly but you can actually shoot arrows while also melee with kratos and in my opinion it seemed to do loads more damage that either or alone. I mean I slaughtered the valkyries because I was syncing both attacks at once it seemed like enemy health bars just melted only the queen valkyrie was a pain in the ass but even she bit the dust after like 6 tries getting the proper rythem going and that dang squirrel is a bloody life saver

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have only to beat the Queen yet (it's why I'm here looking for tips), but these are amazing fights aren't they?  Quite a few times I whittled down the health of a valkyrie so I couldn't even see any health on their bar and then they killed me.  lol.  So frustrating but I can't help admiring the work that went into creating these forbiddable opponents.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Yes, besides the Queen none of them are that hard but will kill you if you are under prepared.

 

I would do a lot of dodging and have my son shoot them while i recharge my special attacks.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Oh god, I beat it.  I can't believe it.  I was ready to give up.  My hands are shaking.  lol.

 

When I was looking for tips, I came across posts on Reddit where people were saying if you find this hard then don't play any Souls games, but I've played them all from Demon's Souls to Bloodborne and never found a boss as challenging as this.  I feel like there are few problems in Souls games that can't be overcome by levelling up.

 

Anyway, if anyone is interested in my build, I went for one that got my Runic and Cooldown as high as possible.

 

Armor (all upgraded to max) = 

Sindri's Royal Dwarven Breastplate < Protective barrier chance is invaluable

Invaldi's Bracers of Cursed Mist

Invaldi's War Belt of Cursed Mist

Talisman: Shattered Gauntlet of Ages (Enchantment sockets used to boost Runic and Cooldown stats)

 

Leviathan Axe =

Light Runic: Hel's Touch

Heavy Runic: Frost's Giant Frenzy

Axe Pommel: Mistbourne

 

Blades of Chaos =

Light Runic: Rampage of the Furies

Heavy Runic: Fire of Ares

Blades Pommel: Grips of the Valkyrie

 

Important: Equip Atreus with electric arrows.¬† Every time Sigr√Ļn (Valkyrie Queen) leaps into the air, firing an electric arrows will prevent the attack.¬† <¬†This realisation was also invaluable.

 

I also had Atreus equipped with Murder of Crows because I found it very useful in general.  I think I triggered it once during this final battle but I'm not sure if it actually did anything worthwhile. 

 

 

Edited by spriteseer
grammar
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, spriteseer said:

Oh god, I beat it.  I can't believe it.  I was ready to give up.  My hands are shaking.  lol.

 

When I was looking for tips, I came across posts on Reddit where people were saying if you find this hard then don't play any Souls games, but I've played them all from Demon's Souls to Bloodborne and never found a boss as challenging as this.  I feel like there are few problems in Souls games that can't be overcome by levelling up.

 

Anyway, if anyone is interested in my build, I went for one that got my Runic and Cooldown as high as possible.

 

Armor (all upgraded to max) = 

Sindri's Royal Dwarven Breastplate < Protective barrier chance is invaluable

Invaldi's Bracers of Cursed Mist

Invaldi's War Belt of Cursed Mist

Talisman: Shattered Gauntlet of Ages (Enchantment sockets used to boost Runic and Cooldown stats)

 

Leviathan Axe =

Light Runic: Hel's Touch

Heavy Runic: Frost's Giant Frenzy

Axe Pommel: Mistbourne

 

Blades of Chaos =

Light Runic: Rampage of the Furies

Heavy Runic: Fire of Ares

Blades Pommel: Grips of the Valkyrie

 

Important: Equip Atreus with electric arrows.¬† Every time Sigr√Ļn (Valkyrie Queen) leaps into the air, firing an electric arrows will prevent the attack.¬† <¬†This realisation was also invaluable.

 

I also had Atreus equipped with Murder of Crows because I found it very useful in general.  I think I triggered it once during this final battle but I'm not sure if it actually did anything worthwhile. 

 

 

I genuinely don't think I will do it. I'm just a button masher I have no strategy to my play, never have. 

 

I just beat the Valkyrie in Trial area place and she was damn hard enough... 

 

Gonna be so disappointed if I don't platinum this game now. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My best advice for had bosses: watch someone on YouTube  solo them on hardest difficulty, no upgrades, no hit and level 1. Works like a charm on every game.

 

Got my ass beat by NG+ Sigrun for two weeks straight, until I saw JG Killian's video. You don't have to perfectly execute it, you just have to learn the proper reactions to each attack.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 08/01/2021 at 1:52 PM, Sully0988 said:

I genuinely don't think I will do it. I'm just a button masher I have no strategy to my play, never have. 

 

I just beat the Valkyrie in Trial area place and she was damn hard enough... 

 

Gonna be so disappointed if I don't platinum this game now. 

 

Well I hope you get it, but the Valkyrie Queen is far more powerful than the other valkyries and I doubt you'll beat her with button mashing.  Regular attacks just do too little damage.  The best minimal effort approach if you lack strategy is to lower difficulty, use a rage resurrection stone then battle her with a focus on (a) dodging, (b) runic attacks and (c) rage.  (b) is most important and why getting runic and cooldown as high as possible is important.   I still think it's unlikely though.  The queen is hard to beat on easy difficulty even when you go into battle with an informed plan.

Edited by spriteseer
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to play each and every game to platinum status at whatever cost so these are my thoughts 

 

I came across a Valkyrie early on in the game and died a horrible death quite a few times. I therefore continued to play and complete the game without another Valkyrie fight. Once I completed the game I then set about to finish the game by collecting everything. Once that was done I had just this trophy left.

 

When you get to that point in the game and have spent 60hrs in the game you will of course have the best of the best armour BUT your build will probably be strength / defence. This configuration will work on all 8 valkyries very very easy but WILL NOT work on the queen.

 

You have to read the guide, swap the armour and enchantments around and focus on runic and cooldown. I then went to the realms of Mannheim and practiced chaining the special moves together in the trials. Once done I then got the rage up to full and went to meet the queen.


Three battles in I thought WTF I will never get plat and gave the game a break for an hour or two. Went back tried again and was much more patient. Watch for patterns, when you have just dodged an attack double special ability her and then attack using the boy. Whilst stunned attack her again using the other weapons special ability. Then dodge until cooldown has kicked in. Repeat 3 or 4 times. If you get low on energy use your rage to beat her to get more energy. If she grabs you more than twice you are toast.

 

In total it took me 5 attempts to defeat her and it’s so sweet to see 100% completed on the screen.

 

Now for the next game ;)

 

Just remember patience is key... it’s a marathon not a sprint

 

 

Edited by reddevilmeuk
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it took me 2 days preparation (max armors + max weapons) and 1 day¬†fighting¬†ūüė¨

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/01/2021 at 9:06 AM, darius_darelis said:

it took me 2 days preparation (max armors + max weapons) and 1 day fighting 1f62c.png

 

That was close! Do you mind sharing your armour and weapon loadout please 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just plat this game and was a bit worried about the last Valkyrie however by the time i got to it i was sufficently levelled and it wasnt as bad as people made out.  I did die a few times but once you recognise the patterns its ok.  After dying 5 or 6 times in quick succession i ended up beating it without needing a resurection stone.  I was playing on the second setting and would imagine on the hardest setting this will be VERY punnishing. 

 

A great end to a great game

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chickenbaltipie said:

Just plat this game and was a bit worried about the last Valkyrie however by the time i got to it i was sufficently levelled and it wasnt as bad as people made out.  I did die a few times but once you recognise the patterns its ok.  After dying 5 or 6 times in quick succession i ended up beating it without needing a resurection stone.  I was playing on the second setting and would imagine on the hardest setting this will be VERY punnishing. 

 

A great end to a great game

Could you post your armour and weapons used please? ūüėá

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All done!! Beat her on my second attempt.

 

Mainly luck but my tip is to spam move spam move 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.