UPDATE: Release date - 13.01.2021 <3

Gloom12356776543

Die Young release date for PS4 is 11.01.2021. So just 9 more days ? I myself cant wait ? Im buying day 1 ! You can already wishlist + the game if you are on PS5, just search "Die Young" in the store and it will show up as "Just announced" under the Full games section in search ? I cant stress enough how good this game is on PC and I have no doubts it will be the same greatness on PS4/PS5, those developers deserve every single penny they will charge for the game and I hope many people will give this game a chance and will be shocked how good and fun to play it is ? my only concern is about the performance on base/slim PS4 ? but I believe in them and hopefully it will be great on all systems, the game is "PS4 PRO enchanced" so if by any chance  not to everyone... to us playing on PS5 and PS4 PRO it should be smooth experience, but as I said im hoping for great experience for everyone ?? (Sorry for my english not native speaker ?)

EDIT: The release date changed to 13.01.2021 (Wednesday) which is usual release date for games in Europe ?? so nothing drastic.

Edited by Gloom12356776543
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

The gameplay looks janky as hell to be brutally honest. The alpha build impressions are really mixed too so I'll wait for some more reviews before I make the choice to buy this game. Glad you are hyped for it though.

This is very weird ? Few days ago they were "Very positive" and now Mixed ?! Thats pretty strange for such a short period of time ? I would recommend you to watch some reviews/gameplay on youtube. Maybe I will write my own Impressions of the PS4 PRO version (On PS5 though) ??

21 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

I just had a glimpse online, is this a survival game? It looks good.

Yes it is ? but it isnt MMO nor online, it is a Single player game with really good story (Im kinda hoping there will be online/splitscreen Co-op as there was som mentions about it coming in the future) the gameplay is simmiliar to games like: Far Cry, Dying Light, Mirrors edge, The forest... ?

Edited by Gloom12356776543

18 minutes ago, Gloom12356776543 said:

Yes it is 1f609.png but it isnt MMO nor online, it is a Single player game with really good story (Im kinda hoping there will be online/splitscreen Co-op as there was som mentions about it coming in the future) the gameplay is simmiliar to games like: Far Cry, Dying Light, Mirrors edge, The forest... 1f607.png

All the games you compared it to are all games that I love, especially The Forest. I’m going to keep this in mind, thanks!

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 1

On 2. 1. 2021 at 11:03 PM, LoveInHell said:

All the games you compared it to are all games that I love, especially The Forest. I’m going to keep this in mind, thanks!

Nice ? let me know once you will try the game how was it ? I cant wait, I played the free prologue on steam a while ago and I was having a blast but Ive had to ran it at 480p to maintain 60fps ? so I was hoping and asking the developers for PS4 version for a few years ?

• Like 1

On 7. 1. 2021 at 9:11 PM, DJ_PLK_ said:

Hi,

This game looks great but no new about a release within next days 1f61e.png

Any clue ?

Cheers !!

Hi, the 11.01. Date was probably a place holder ? but it is now changed to 13.01.2021 (Wednesday - The usual release day for games in Europe) so just 2 more days till we cun play ? 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey man I just bought it as well. I absolutely loved The Forest and can't wait to play this game. I know it's silly since I already purchased it, but how did you like the game? Was it good or bad?

Edited by DawnDFrost
  • Like 1

On 7. 4. 2021 at 4:09 AM, DawnDFrost said:

Hey man I just bought it as well. I absolutely loved The Forest and can't wait to play this game. I know it's silly since I already purchased it, but how did you like the game? Was it good or bad?

Hi, I absolutely, totally love this game, 99/10 for me ? I loved almost everything - Atmosphere, gameplay, music, map, game design, parkour, story... only thing thats kinda weird are the classic enemies/animals sounds which are pretty hilarious so I dont mind as I laughed so hard at times ? trophywise it is not to hrad to platinum, I plated it and 100% explored the map without any issues, there are few (2-3?) missable trophies, but if you look at the trophy list and descriptions it is pretty easy to figure out when to do a manual save, so you can get both choice trophies in 1 playtrough ? the save system is perfect, you can basically save almost anywhere in the game as you are using fireplaces to save and you can craft endless count od them but I only used it once ! as there are a ton of them placed at every needed/critical points in the game ? the one thing I would change are the option in game settings as there are not a lot, and the text and some UI elements are way to small on a big TV screen for my likeness but after few hours I get used to it. Parkour is very good overal, 1 time in the later part of the game I got in a place where it was really hard to get to a place where you need to go but it is doable just frustrating, it took me a few tries (about 15-20 minutes) it was actually the only time I was frustrated during my whole 60+ hours playtrough, so its really nothing ? It took me almost month to complete.(2 months and a week to platinum, but I left the game for last trophy as I wanted this game as my 250th plat ?) Die Young is pretty long if you are going for plat and explore every inch of the map and very well wotth the money they ask for it ! (Well I would even say it is cheap as hell for the amount of content/gameplay time...) would gladly pay full price for this game... What I also loved an enjoyed is that the game didnt specifically where to go or what to do next but if you choose the mission/side mission it will mark the place on the map where you need to go so it wasnt frustrating or hard to figure it by yourself, only once I needed to use a walktrought video because I got lost in the woods part of the map but I overlooked the way to go, what I would I actually really liked to be added to the game is a minimap as it was a bit tedious to always open the big map. Story got me hooked on, it could be much beyter with more cutscenes and backstory but is a Indie game for whats it worth so no complaints here, the same could be said for graphics and Its sad that game probably didnt sell a lot so no chance for native PS5 version. Im also sad this game doesnt have a regional NA/EU versions because I would love to play and plat it again ? For me this is a GOTY game and I will keep to recommend it to everyone because it deserve a huge sales numbers and to be more recognized by the gamers. I think If the developers were bought by ubisoft, with ton of money they would make a perfect Far Cry game !

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/10/2021 at 2:25 PM, Gloom12356776543 said:

Hi, I absolutely, totally love this game, 99/10 for me 1f60d.png I loved almost everything - Atmosphere, gameplay, music, map, game design, parkour, story... only thing thats kinda weird are the classic enemies/animals sounds which are pretty hilarious so I dont mind as I laughed so hard at times 1f602.png trophywise it is not to hrad to platinum, I plated it and 100% explored the map without any issues, there are few (2-3?) missable trophies, but if you look at the trophy list and descriptions it is pretty easy to figure out when to do a manual save, so you can get both choice trophies in 1 playtrough 1f609.png the save system is perfect, you can basically save almost anywhere in the game as you are using fireplaces to save and you can craft endless count od them but I only used it once ! as there are a ton of them placed at every needed/critical points in the game 1f642.png the one thing I would change are the option in game settings as there are not a lot, and the text and some UI elements are way to small on a big TV screen for my likeness but after few hours I get used to it. Parkour is very good overal, 1 time in the later part of the game I got in a place where it was really hard to get to a place where you need to go but it is doable just frustrating, it took me a few tries (about 15-20 minutes) it was actually the only time I was frustrated during my whole 60+ hours playtrough, so its really nothing 1f607.png It took me almost month to complete.(2 months and a week to platinum, but I left the game for last trophy as I wanted this game as my 250th plat 1f60d.png) Die Young is pretty long if you are going for plat and explore every inch of the map and very well wotth the money they ask for it ! (Well I would even say it is cheap as hell for the amount of content/gameplay time...) would gladly pay full price for this game... What I also loved an enjoyed is that the game didnt specifically where to go or what to do next but if you choose the mission/side mission it will mark the place on the map where you need to go so it wasnt frustrating or hard to figure it by yourself, only once I needed to use a walktrought video because I got lost in the woods part of the map but I overlooked the way to go, what I would I actually really liked to be added to the game is a minimap as it was a bit tedious to always open the big map. Story got me hooked on, it could be much beyter with more cutscenes and backstory but is a Indie game for whats it worth so no complaints here, the same could be said for graphics and Its sad that game probably didnt sell a lot so no chance for native PS5 version. Im also sad this game doesnt have a regional NA/EU versions because I would love to play and plat it again 1f60a.png For me this is a GOTY game and I will keep to recommend it to everyone because it deserve a huge sales numbers and to be more recognized by the gamers. I think If the developers were bought by ubisoft, with ton of money they would make a perfect Far Cry game !

So...uhhh, sorry to revive a dead post but this game is currently on sale in the UK for the grand total of...£3.49, which is like less than a burger/fries meal in the UK lol. However not played survival games before, so I haven't played Green Hell. Stranded Deep is in my backlog because it was in PS+ a year or so ago. Haven't played Dying Light either. Far Cry, I only bought Far Cry 2 and again it's in my PS3 backlog. The Forest I've thought of buying but never have. I have played the original Mirror's Edge though, god I loved that game, so underrated.

So yeah, haven't played any survival games. I'm a huge horror fan and indie fan though (stuff like Dead Space, The Evil Within and indie stuff like SOMA). So given the extremely low price, and the fact I haven't played any games in the genre would you still recommend it? The ' you will die a lot' mechanic I'm okay with in certain games, for example I played both The Evil Within games on AKUMU mode (which some refuse to play because it's a one hit KO playthrough). But I'm not okay with others, specifically with the Soulsborne games, which have never really appealed to me. I get that people love them; I've just never really gravitated towards them lol.

Also, I've seen some conflicting reports about glitchy trophies. Some say trophies glitched, others say they got the platinum. I mostly try to avoid glitchy stuff. Searched online but couldn't really find much out. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15. 9. 2022 at 8:00 PM, shaunsheep677 said:

So...uhhh, sorry to revive a dead post but this game is currently on sale in the UK for the grand total of...£3.49, which is like less than a burger/fries meal in the UK lol. However not played survival games before, so I haven't played Green Hell. Stranded Deep is in my backlog because it was in PS+ a year or so ago. Haven't played Dying Light either. Far Cry, I only bought Far Cry 2 and again it's in my PS3 backlog. The Forest I've thought of buying but never have. I have played the original Mirror's Edge though, god I loved that game, so underrated.

So yeah, haven't played any survival games. I'm a huge horror fan and indie fan though (stuff like Dead Space, The Evil Within and indie stuff like SOMA). So given the extremely low price, and the fact I haven't played any games in the genre would you still recommend it? The ' you will die a lot' mechanic I'm okay with in certain games, for example I played both The Evil Within games on AKUMU mode (which some refuse to play because it's a one hit KO playthrough). But I'm not okay with others, specifically with the Soulsborne games, which have never really appealed to me. I get that people love them; I've just never really gravitated towards them lol.

Also, I've seen some conflicting reports about glitchy trophies. Some say trophies glitched, others say they got the platinum. I mostly try to avoid glitchy stuff. Searched online but couldn't really find much out. 

Hi, sorry for late answer it probabaly isnt on sale anymore ? but for the next time... I would still recommend this gem-game to anyone, the dying isnt as brutal... and I never felt angry or frustrated (I cant stand Souls games too so I ubderstand you ?) even when I died cause it was always my fault, the game is fair enough, and I mostly died more than I liked only in areas/against enemies I wasnt supposed to go/fight yet ? and some areas in the last part of the game was a bit harder (but not that much, could be done easier by stealth) but I like to do that in games to go where I should yet anyway. Trophies were pretty much straight forward apart for a few but only 1 or 2 are really "missable" if you dont save a lot, but this game have so many save slots and it is natural to save often so even if you dont save before the point it is not to far from last save... but a my advice save a lot and alwyas overwrite the oldest saves first. As of Glitched trophies. Not a single one glitched one me (wait one but in a good way that I got it sooner than I should ?) but for how huge the map is, I dont remember encountering more than maybe 1 gamebreaking bug where simple restart of the game helped ?

23 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

Looking to start this one, so hopefully I have fun with it and get no problems with the trophies.

I hope too ? for me this game is one of the best games I have ever played ? if only the game sold well enough so we would get a PS5 version with better textures, resolution, graphics maybe even some DLC... but sadly there was no marketing so the game was lost in the sh*t piles of garbage showelvare of quick platinum games ? I only knew about this game because I once randomly found it on steam years ago when it was Early access and was following it since then and kept regularly "spamming" devs to not forget and release it on PS4 ? 

4 hours ago, Gloom12356776543 said:

I hope too 1f609.png for me this game is one of the best games I have ever played 1f917.png if only the game sold well enough so we would get a PS5 version with better textures, resolution, graphics maybe even some DLC... but sadly there was no marketing so the game was lost in the sh*t piles of garbage showelvare of quick platinum games 1f644.png I only knew about this game because I once randomly found it on steam years ago when it was Early access and was following it since then and kept regularly "spamming" devs to not forget and release it on PS4 1f601.png 

Yeah, it seems good so far, enjoying it apart from me running round in circles and missing obvious climbing points where some stuff I need to collect is ha ha. Yeah, the front page really needs fixing, so we see the decent games over all the other stuff.

Edited by TheRetroManiac
  • Like 1

On 5. 10. 2022 at 2:10 AM, TheRetroManiac said:

Yeah, it seems good so far, enjoying it apart from me running round in circles and missing obvious climbing points where some stuff I need to collect is ha ha. Yeah, the front page really needs fixing, so we see the decent games over all the other stuff.

Im glad you enjoying it ? at start I was also kinda "lost" (not knowing where to go first, where you can go from the start and where I should return with better weapons/equipment) but after a while I figured it all by myself, also the game is better the more you progress (New fast travel tunnels, new Equipment, new skills...) it is a bit "Metroidvania" in that sense. But even returning to places I was before was always fun for me cause of all the locations being different enough from the others ? I also missed some spots/climbing where you can go at first but after few hours it was no problem anymore. I really loved game and would kill for a sequel or at least PS5 version ? but I have to say I remember being frustrated during the game but it was only once ! In the forest area when you need to find a dead "forest guard" (or tourist ? Cant remember ?) to get the equipment from him to be able to progress in the game. I was looking everywhere except where he eventually was ? that one time, Ive had to look it up in a youtube walktrough (and there wasnt many on the YT at that time and they played it in different order so it was even hard to find that in video ?) but after that Ive had no problem, and didnt needed any guide/help anymore. ? I actually didnt needed to do even the "excpected" amount of backtracking as I actually "broke" the game few times, for example I killed the Cornfield guy pretty early on with only melee weapons (It was a long fight, hard as hell and frustrating but I did it ?). I dont recommend doing that as it is 30 second easy fight when you have the crossbow and are good at headshots and also easy to return to place with unlocked tunnels for fast travel. You need to kill all of these "Big guys" for a trophy. And also the first 2 missable choice based trophies are about half or even later in the game (Cant remember exactly) when you reach a big catacombs (Big gate in Rock/Cave where you have to find a another way in) there is a nearby beach with a wooden "stage" and (2 trophies here) so defo save when you at the beach before doing anything there, first kill *spoiler* by burning him, than reload for the other and let *spoiler* alive and continue normaly later during the game you will get a call from brother 1 to come back to deal with *Spoiler* and then save again before because doing what you need to for the trophy will also get you another trophy "Join the comunity" and end the game here for you Lol ? (You could have get it sooner if you did drink a "water" at big wooden gate later in the game). The last 2 missable trophies for different endings are in the last part of the island where you can go, so after clearing Mines and Military/facility Area (the same map) save your game. To unlock one trophy you just go straight to the final boss area , and for the second trophy just reload the save, (you need the quest "Ticket to freedom" to show you the last thing to do - send a signal, if not complete ale the prevoius things in the quest) then you have to make a call (- send a signal) from a nearby radio tower after that you go sleep/or wait for the timer to reach the hour you ve been told to wait for a *spoiler* at the radio station, and then go to boss after. ?