Single player and multiplayer

Tomoko Kuroki

If they want me to purchase the game, they'll eventually have to cut all the bullshit bottlenecks from this title.

It's such a step in the wrong direction compared to the first two games. I understand why they did it, but it's not something I can support monetarily.

I would say forget it. This is just mobile Torchlight Frontiers with some changes here and there disguised as Torchlight 3.

You can clearly see that it was designed as a mobile game as much as Dragon Age Inquisition was MMO wanna be.

I do not expect any major changes or new content. And that 1m kills without any way to track it and any good content or gear to grind for is just straight up bullshit.

• 1 month later...
On 22.02.2021 at 11:09 AM, Dan-lives-here said:

Why would you ever choose single player over multplayer or vica verca?

On multi in this game,there is ZERO benefits. You can't trade with anyone as trading is impossible.You cant play with anyone as online is dead.You will get lags as servers are crap. But most importantly-loadings are 3-4 times longer for no reason...

It is not as good as Torchlight 2.  The rare trophies are a time drain, not due to killing numbers, that is fine, but the gear sets.  The RNG is horrible in this game, so getting the sets is a incredibly bland grind in poorly done maps.

Multiplayer is only worth picking if you have a friend who is willing to do the grind with you, which can help with leveling your characters.  Even if you are 20 levels apart, the gap is closed fast.  The xp starts to balance out once you are within 3 levels of each other, so leveling a new toon or even on the initial play through is less painful with a friend.

On 1/4/2021 at 11:39 AM, yoszek said:

I would say forget it. This is just mobile Torchlight Frontiers with some changes here and there disguised as Torchlight 3.

You can clearly see that it was designed as a mobile game as much as Dragon Age Inquisition was MMO wanna be.

I do not expect any major changes or new content. And that 1m kills without any way to track it and any good content or gear to grind for is just straight up bullshit.

I absolutely agree after a few hours of playing, you really see the mobile mechanics that were in planned for it and awkwardly abandoned.  It also explains why they took the trading system that worked in Torchlight 2 and was completely removed in 3.  You get the idea with "respectables" that they were a micro transaction system in waiting.