Playthrough Question

baboon_overlord

Could someone please advise what constitutes a "playthrough" on this game?

For example, if I was playing on hard mode and set up an online session, would all the players in the party have to have earned all the Talismans either by themselves or with the group or does Player 1's save count and as long as they are at the correct level for the difficulty level, the killing of the Ancient Dragon counts as the "playthrough" for the different character class trophies?

I suppose my question is, at what point does the game regard you as having earned a "playthrough"? I just got the trophy for killing the Ancient Dragon in less than two minutes on Normal mode using a Wizard. Could I cheese another character class trophy using a second joypad by killing the dragon again and not controlling the second player (I basically soloed the fight anyway by spamming spells)?

I really like this game and am prepared to do everything solo legitimately, but I have to admit if I'm doing it legit then I am going to have to take a break as I have already cleared three classes on normal for the trophies and I can see myself getting seriously bored with the repetition soon.

I would prefer to set up a gaming session and do the more difficult stuff with other players but my understanding is that if you disconnect from the session due to Internet issues then it wipes everything since there isn't even a "soft" save until you exit at the tavern. If I could do most of the grinding offline and then just play with other people where it would be a better experience, that would be great.    

The tutorials/documentation for this in-game - for advanced stuff - are non-existent and it doesn't help that most of the information on the Internet is for the PS3/Vita versions. I bought the PS4 version in the recent sale, and have no idea if any of it applies. I keep seeing references to another late level dungeon and a max level in the 200+ region and can't find any information as to whether that's the case on the PS4 (I like the game but grinding to a level above 200? - no thanks). 

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

Edited by baboon_overlord

On 1/3/2021 at 4:51 PM, Helyx said:

Pretty sure only the host's progression matters when playing online multiplayer.

Awesome, much appreciated. That's actually the most important part of what I was asking, so thank you.

Sorry if any of these questions sound dumb, but I have legitimately tried to find answers on the Internet. The information is either so basic you already figured it out yourself or, in the case of the subreddit, ridiculously high level discussions of min-maxing to level 255. ☺️

• 4 months later...

I’m about to fight the Ancient Dragon and I remembered you could use local coop to unlock multiple trophies at once. So I got a few questions.

- Does that actually work if I played the entire game as the Knight only and now I’m hooking up a second controller to play as Sorceress just for the last boss?

- How do I even play Local Coop? I see it in the Inn but I can’t get it to work.

I probably have more questions later but for now this will do ?.

On 08/05/2021 at 7:29 PM, Baker said:

I’m about to fight the Ancient Dragon and I remembered you could use local coop to unlock multiple trophies at once. So I got a few questions.

Hey Baker, now I have the Plat I can answer this.

- Does that actually work if I played the entire game as the Knight only and now I’m hooking up a second controller to play as Sorceress just for the last boss?

Sadly no. I thought I would try and be clever and try this. It doesn't work. You have to drag your second local co-op character through an entire playthrough. I did this for the additional characters I didn't care about. As far as I remember, the character you need the trophy for HAS to be player one. You then cheese the game by controlling player two with your main character. The game locks you out by insisting that the "main" character has the runes to the Dragon level.

Don't worry though, this process take maybe an hour or two at most. If you have NPCs at your level, the uncontrolled second "player" doesn't inconvenience you much at all, although I would say, make sure you move them out of harm's way on the Dragon fight by moving them under some cover.

- How do I even play Local Coop? I see it in the Inn but I can’t get it to work.

I had the same problem. It's confusing AF but just look at what the menu says and you will work it out.

• Like 1

Yeah thanks for the reply. Got the platinum myself a few days ago.

I could only do local coop with another dummy account so I wasn’t sure that would count so I just did 5 quick playthroughs. Luckily you can start at the halfway point at lvl 15 so it went pretty quick. Took me around an hour per playthrough. Thanks to some OP Asian NPC accounts I picked up and could use ?.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Baker said:

Yeah thanks for the reply. Got the platinum myself a few days ago.

I could only do local coop with another dummy account so I wasn’t sure that would count so I just did 5 quick playthroughs. Luckily you can start at the halfway point at lvl 15 so it went pretty quick. Took me around an hour per playthrough. Thanks to some OP Asian NPC accounts I picked up and could use 1f601.png.

Nice one mate. Sorry for the delayed reply.

I have to say, killing the Ancient Dragon within the time limit on the hardest difficulty needs some high level NPCs. The NPCs at lower level are useless, but once they got above level 200, they make the game a joke.

I played through the entire game solo and just needed to beat the Ancient Dragon on the hardest difficulty. I could do it with 10 seconds over the time limit.

I found a guy with level 256 NPCs and the fight took....20 seconds?

There was me, playing properly and doing all I could. I might as well have done nothing. It was ridiculous. ☺️ 

Congrats on the Plat. The game is amazing, but very grindy. It's very much a "force of will" Platinum.

• Like 1