Beware! Difficult Platinum!

Rebourne07

9 is a bit much. I am in no way an expert at the game and I have done it 3x for myself and friends. Not to mention there is a glitch in which you can get a gold medal by completing it with any time, and end up with a 0.00 time for an easy gold

Edit:

I will say 3.5 is still low in my opinion. A lot of the levels were hard enough just beating them at all. And You almost damn near half to ace a lot of the levels because if you die too much (sometimes even once) you lose a good chunk of your bubbles to not get gold, which a lot of times we need to get costume pieces

Edited by BoyMyth

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

The 3.5/10 difficulty rating on Powerpyx website is a disgusting lie. Ripsnorter challenge is a 9/10, the hardest challenge you have ever or will ever face in a platformer in your lifetime. Unless you are extremely dedicated to getting this platinum don't even start. The trophy is "String it Together" Watch a few YouTube videos of people doing it before you decide if you're going to go for this platinum or not. inb4 some try hards come in here beating their chests bragging about how easy it was for them. Watch the videos, decide for yourself, consider yourself warned.

my guy..what? Even the final challenge isn't that bad, this game is a 5 at most

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ShadeSplit said:

People still haven't realized that the trophy difficulty rating system is useless. Nearly every game gets around a 3. I've seen people try to argue Silent Hill 2 is a 3. Checking the platinum trophy rarity will give you a better idea as to how difficult a game is, as opposed to reading "3/10" over and over again.

You got to be your own judge for the difficulty in games. Unless it is multiplayer RNG, test the game yourself to see how hard it really is. Rarities go by the community, which can create a lot of biased results on your end.

Edited by LethalShark20
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LethalShark20 said:

You got to be your own judge for the difficulty in games. Unless it is multiplayer RNG, test the game yourself to see how hard it really is. Rarities go by the community, which can create a lot of biased results on your end.

As I said, it gives you a better idea. Not the complete picture.

• Like 1

This is down to personal experiences and really it's a matter of how crazy you are playing platform games and how patient you are. I spent a day practicing these challenge levels and nailed it at 9:23"

I don't think it's a 3 or 4 though. Maybe it's a 4 with the glitch on 1.01 ver. But the glitch is no more. So I will rate it a 6 or 7. 

P.S. I think those who used the glitch  (patched already) and achieved the platinum have no say in this. 

Edited by YokA_sun
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

The 3.5/10 difficulty rating on Powerpyx website is a disgusting lie. Ripsnorter challenge is a 9/10, the hardest challenge you have ever or will ever face in a platformer in your lifetime. Unless you are extremely dedicated to getting this platinum don't even start. The trophy is "String it Together" Watch a few YouTube videos of people doing it before you decide if you're going to go for this platinum or not. inb4 some try hards come in here beating their chests bragging about how easy it was for them. Watch the videos, decide for yourself, consider yourself warned.

and the Funniest Post of 2021 goes to..........

• Like 2

Yeah I got this today on the PS4 version but honestly all it takes is time and practice. It is a difficult trophy compared with the rest...yeah, but from what people mentioned and also what I did. I stopped rushing sections I didn't need to rush and relearned sections (the spike bit I will hate the most). A lot of it was either blind luck or reflex but you can do it. I won't do it again tho :P

Should it increase PowerPyx's from 3 to 5? Sure. But a 9? This isn't Fall Guys 'Win 5 in a Row' trophy which is a definetly a 9.

Edited by wardragon989
  • Like 2

All it takes is practice and patience. It took me maybe 2 1/2 - 3 hours cumulative time trying for it (taking breaks is important when getting frustrated).

I got the first 5 or 6 levels down to muscle memory alone (From the start to right before the crabs). I then slowed it down a little for the crabs, sweated through the jellyfish, slowed it down through the spikes, raced through the laser balls (pretty easy section) then relied on reflexes for the spikes, sweated through the falling platforms, picked it up a little at the laser beams (again a pretty simple section) and took my time through the fire jumps, making sure I was jumping to the right spots. 

I reached the launch flower at like 9:30 and then all the time clocks you are given at the end I finished with a time of 9:11. 

You're blowing it out of proportion.  It's absolutely tough but not the hardest of all time of 9/10.  I've had much more trouble in some other platforming based trophies for sure.  Everyone is different though, and I do agree that Powerpyx's is too low.  But it's really an evaluation of the list overall.  While this one is tough, every other trophy is like a 1 or 2/10 difficulty.

I got it (and the plat) this weekend.  Probably 3-4 hours of trying.  Tough by not impossible by any stretch.  I echo the sentiment of many others that you should focus on getting to the end alive, not getting to the end fast.  You'll have plenty of time so pace yourself.  Good luck.

• Like 1

I agree that the last change is disproportionally difficult compared with the rest of the game. It took me around 6 hours to beat it :) but finished with a time of 7:50, if I wasn’t rushing from the beginning probably would be able to do the challenge with 3 hours of practice. The game is by no means a 3.5 but shouldn’t be more than a 5 either.

If you are really struggling you can try to get someone to boost it for you, the possibility of making it online also reduces the difficulty of attaining the plat.

Edited by PH-SniperBR
Added info
  • Like 1

The ripsnorter was something else. One thing that really helped me was practicing the spike, blowfish, and fire trials individually over and over again. I found that once I got there after going non-stop 5 minutes straight I was making small mistakes. I would get to the crabs and pause for a break, then get right back into it.

Definitely wasn't easy though and took about 4 hours to master. The adrenaline rush after you beat it is unreal lol.

I've just been working on time trials in the Crash Trilogy. This trophy doesn't put me off in the slightest. I'm looking forward to the challenge. 

Granted I've only unlocked the first half of the trials and haven't seen the later ones, but I'm not concerned that with practice I won't be able to do it. I take PowerPyx and other guide's difficulty scores with a grain of salt, and so should everyone else. Definitely look at the trophy rarity instead.