Beware! Difficult Platinum!

Rebourne07

9 minutes ago, Forunth said:

Your profile says that you are not that far into the game yet. Get back to us when you get to that trophy. 

What is with people gatekeeping what is and what is not hard lol. There are dozens of people asking for help online, struggling with this one trophy. People asking for devs to make it easier on twitter and so on. You guys can do it easily? Sure, more power to you, but don't be all "git gud kid". Last Knitted Knights challenges and string it together trophy have huge difficulty spike compared to whole game. It's laughable for you to judge other people for "being bad at kids game" when you haven't played that part yourself. 

Sure, it is a challenge, but there is no way that it is a 9 or 10/10 in difficulty. When I got the trophy, the rarity was sitting well over 10% - that is not at all the hallmark of a hard trophy. Shock horror, it takes a bit of practice and some failures to complete! Getting sick of people expecting every game to be a walk in the park. 

• Like 4

Just now, barra333 said:

Sure, it is a challenge, but there is no way that it is a 9 or 10/10 in difficulty. When I got the trophy, the rarity was sitting well over 10% - that is not at all the hallmark of a hard trophy. Shock horror, it takes a bit of practice and some failures to complete! Getting sick of people expecting every game to be a walk in the park. 

It had 10% because for around a month there was a glitch that allowed you to finish time trials with 00:00 time. You needed to dive over the finish line and pause at the same time. It was guaranteed gold. 

And you are right, it's not 9 or 10/10 obviously.But it's not 2-3 either.  My comment was aimed at people that dismissed its difficulty at all, often without playing it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forunth said:

It had 10% because for around a month there was a glitch that allowed you to finish time trials with 00:00 time. You needed to dive over the finish line and pause at the same time. It was guaranteed gold. 

And you are right, it's not 9 or 10/10 obviously.But it's not 2-3 either.  My comment was aimed at people that dismissed its difficulty at all, often without playing it. 

The time is not the challenge, gettng to the end without dying is. That glitch helped folks on the shorter trials, but not the ripsnorter. I bet that most of the people who took 100+ attempts before beating it did it in under 9min. I don't remember seeing a single post anywhere from someone who finished slower than 10min.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, barra333 said:

The time is not the challenge, gettng to the end without dying is. That glitch helped folks on the shorter trials, but not the ripsnorter. I bet that most of the people who took 100+ attempts before beating it did it in under 9min. I don't remember seeing a single post anywhere from someone who finished slower than 10min.

On 11.01.2021 at 3:07 PM, Brenden said:

I finished it in 10mins 7 seconds. Heartbreaker. It’s not too difficult it’s just the length that’s the problem. Trying to focus for that long even when you pause and come back to it is tricky. 

;) could have at least skimmed through that thread.

Yes, but the issue is that people knowing there is a bug could take however tmuch time there was needed, Half an hour? hell yeah. With knowing you have 10 minutes you kinda try to go fast either way (even knowing there are clocks in the last area) which often leads you to make mistakes. 

Anyway, my point stands, if it was easy platinum there wouldn't be dozens of people asking for help after trying for hours themselves

Ok, so I was lazy ?. There aren't many people who get to the end at 10min+ though. Also, there are several sections where the safest route is quite fast. 

I never said it was easy, but I'm willing to die on the hill of it not being the hardest thing in gaming though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, barra333 said:

Ok, so I was lazy ?. There aren't many people who get to the end at 10min+ though. Also, there are several sections where the safest route is quite fast. 

I never said it was easy, but I'm willing to die on the hill of it not being the hardest thing in gaming though. 

i know right, its not that hard, i am sure i can do it. i have some harder games on my list than one level 

5 hours ago, lucky0ne16 said:

your joking right, you did 

Prototype is one of the hardest games to plat because of the challenges. 

i be laughing if someone says this game is harder than 

Prototype and cod world at war. this game can not be harder than these 2 and lbp 1 had some of the toughest levels to ace

You have to go through at least 8 minutes of trials non-stop without dying. You also must get a gold medal meaning you cannot take your sweet time.

Prototype and CoD are completely different from Sackboy it's like comparing apples and oranges.

Also I'm not joking. It did take me a while to get the trophy. You have to have a good memory, be level-headed/calm and efficient...as you need to be near perfect at timing all your jumps in one run under the time limit.

If it wasn't for the gold time limit, it would have been way easier. I know there are clocks at the end of the trial, but it would not still be enough if you took your sweet time throughout the stage.

I wouldn't give this game a 9/10, but for me a 5. It would have been a 2-3/10 if it wasn't for this trophy.

Edited by Starlighthed211

sounds like dante's inferno where you needed to kill things under time pressure and can not get hit to get gold. i have played it on my alt, don't seem that bad but didn't really have the time to play it on my main account. i be the judge of it when i do it on my main

this is why I find the " Rate The Difficulty of a said Platinum " is a bit useless in my opinion.

I followed a lots of guides in the past ( multiple guides for the one same game i'm playing ) and saw the ratings for the difficulty of the platinum differ from one person to another, one person said it's 4, the other one said it's around 5 and the last guy said something about 3, as each person will give his/her opinion and this opinion might be far too different to your skill level still.

this is why I don't rate my difficulty experience when post about my latest platinum trophy on the Most Recent Platinum forum.

I only trusted the Playstation or this website difficulty rating.. you know, the small triangle thing, as its based on the number of people who got the said trophy around the world.

even though it's still not perfect as there's some people who hacked their trophies and other who use exploits and other glitches to smooth sailing through a rather ultra difficult platinum, but I still prefer that over rating the said platinum difficulty using numbers.

On 3/2/2021 at 1:20 PM, Forunth said:

Your profile says that you are not that far into the game yet. Get back to us when you get to that trophy. 

What is with people gatekeeping what is and what is not hard lol. There are dozens of people asking for help online, struggling with this one trophy. People asking for devs to make it easier on twitter and so on. You guys can do it easily? Sure, more power to you, but don't be all "git gud kid". Last Knitted Knights challenges and string it together trophy have huge difficulty spike compared to whole game. It's laughable for you to judge other people for "being bad at kids game" when you haven't played that part yourself. 

I mean if you want to challenge me to expose how bad you are at kiddy games, I'll gladly do it. But I'll give you the chance to just admit youre not good at the game.

But, wait --  play this music while you read this next part...

https://youtu.be/UXZ3cWCh1Es

I know sometimes it'd hard to admit youre bad at something.  We all go through it sometime or another... but there's something inside us that cries out for a change.  That wants us to do better.  Whether it be improving in sports or kiddy games, it's okay to admit when you just can't cut it.  It takes a man to admit theyre not good, and a bigger man to improve.  What kind of man do you wish to be?  

I hope for your own sake, you do the right thing.  For the sake of not only the video game community so they don't have another example of a crying quitter, but for yourself...to finally step out of your comfort zone and finally face a challenge head on.  And complete it.  

You can do it...

Edited by TheGameCapsule
Pettiness

5 hours ago, Forunth said:

Jesus this gave me needed laugh, thanks man. IT TAKES A MAN lol Go on, show everyone your big balls and how good in video games you are, completely unimportant skill lol. Do you feel manly yet? IT TAKES A MAN TO IMPROVE. I am crying laughing at how pathethic this line is. Especially seeing it as a woman myself. I just stated obvious, that you haven't even touched that part of the game while I have achieved platinum- hence my experience with that part. So I don't see how you can say if that part is hard or not, because you obviously only experienced baby mode of that game. But damn, thank you, I had a crappy day and this made it infinitely better :D Cheers, don't trip on those big manly balls you got playing hard video games. 

Youre welcome.  You laughed so l guess l did what l set out to do. Honestly lm mostly playing Yakuza 0 right now so l guess I'll find out how difficult it is when l get to it.  

My post is bugging out lol

Just tried this challenge after completing the main game and I scored the Gold on my third or fourth try. Pretty challenging but not too hard, maybe a 5 or a 6 in terms of difficulty - closer to 6 if you're not used to platformers. Definitely not 9 imo

Edited by KristophDJHero

On 1/11/2021 at 6:04 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

It doesn't look that hard tbh, but I think most trophy guides (regardless of the source) seem to be placed into the 3/4 difficulty rating by default. I do think that a platinum difficulty rating should ultimately be based on the hardest aspect of the game.

After all, it only takes one trophy to block a platinum.

I think this website would benefit tremendously by having a dedicated thread to vote for the difficulty of games. Either way, the rarity of the game is always the best indicator. It's hovering a bit below 10% on both versions, so a 3 may be a stretch unless it's very time-consuming.

Either way, I can't imagine that being more than a 4/5 myself.

Very good points. 

On 02/03/2021 at 9:20 PM, Forunth said:

I beat it, it takes a few hours of grinding to get the patterns right but its not that hard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi I own the world record speedrun of Trial 16 - ripsnoter (The Trial you complete to get string it together) 

You do not need to go that fast i would say roll until you get to the shape part then you can stop rolling and take it slow at the end there will be timer on the ground and this will save 2 minutes so you can actually spend 12 minutes not 10 on the trial 

On 3.1.2021 at 5:14 AM, Baker said:

Wow. After watching a video I agree this is a 9/10, maybe even a 10/10. I haven’t seen another difficult platformer that can compare to this insane challenge. 

Thanks for the heads up. I will skip this game.

it's really sad to hear that you would skip an amazing game because of one trophy. First of all, as many others mentioned before it's totally doable and even if you don't want to do it ask some achievers if they would help you out since everybody in the session gets the trophy as long as one player reaches the finish line in time. 

But besides that, this game is a blast, it has awesome voice actors, beautiful graphics, a neat little story with a fine narration, a stunning 2-4 coop experience and a lot of different levels. 

1 hour ago, DavySuicide said:

it's really sad to hear that you would skip an amazing game because of one trophy. First of all, as many others mentioned before it's totally doable and even if you don't want to do it ask some achievers if they would help you out since everybody in the session gets the trophy as long as one player reaches the finish line in time. 

But besides that, this game is a blast, it has awesome voice actors, beautiful graphics, a neat little story with a fine narration, a stunning 2-4 coop experience and a lot of different levels. 

It was sarcasm. I don’t skip games because they have difficult trophies. I hate the fact that everything is considered a 9/10 or 10/10 difficulty nowadays as soon as something is a bit challenging.

Although I won’t play this game as it doesn’t look like it’s something I would enjoy.

19 minutes ago, Baker said:

It was sarcasm. I don’t skip games because they have difficult trophies. I hate the fact that everything is considered a 9/10 or 10/10 difficulty nowadays as soon as something is a bit challenging.

Although I won’t play this game as it doesn’t look like it’s something I would enjoy.

haha okay man sorry wasn't meant to be offensive. I read stuff like this a lot ( even some of my friends ) and it's pretty sad :-) no hard feelings

On 13/04/2021 at 3:40 PM, dannyswfc9 said:

Bet the people that think this trophy is hard are the same people that think the flapmaster trophy on goat sim and the inpossible lair trophy on yooka laylee were hard.

Bring it on ?

I never had any problems with flapmaster, I got the goat sim platinum a few times and the conclusion I reached is that there is, in fact, skill involved in this trophy. you need extreme precision in the frames of this arcade game, even if it is for a few seconds the margin of error is very high and, to be honest, you do not have total control of the precision involved. I saw some people with profiles with honorable platinum complaining about this trophy, so my conclusion is that some just don't have the patience to deal with that frustration lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 7:40 PM, dannyswfc9 said:

Bet the people that think this trophy is hard are the same people that think the flapmaster trophy on goat sim and the inpossible lair trophy on yooka laylee were hard.

Bring it on ?

I kind of take this comment back. This trophy is harsh especially with only 2 hits. 

I think they should have had lives dotted around like timers which you can pick up but you can still have a max of 2 hits. Would still be tricky because of falling off but would make it fairer. 

• Like 2