Beware! Difficult Platinum!

Rebourne07

On 4/24/2021 at 0:53 PM, dannyswfc9 said:

I kind of take this comment back. This trophy is harsh especially with only 2 hits. 

I think they should have had lives dotted around like timers which you can pick up but you can still have a max of 2 hits. Would still be tricky because of falling off but would make it fairer. 

I agree. That would definitely take the edge off this monster trophy.

• 3 months later...

I got this game with my PS5, played the first couple of levels and thought, "Interesting, it's kind of like a kid friendly Super Mario 3D World", which is one of my favourite games and the main reason I even bought a Wii U in the first place... unfortunately I found the early levels a little too simplistic and felt Sackboy as a character was a little too stiff in the controls, so it didn't catch my attention as much as I'd hoped and I moved on to Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Kaze & The Wild Masks which are both great games that I went on to plat. I've just yesterday, got the plat for New Super Lucky's Tale, and I've been working on the plat for Hollow Knight for frankly years at this point (and I'm almost at the point where I can get it). I just beat the hardest pantheon... now THAT is a difficult plat.

After seeing someone getting this trophy on YouTube, (as well as a couple of others), and knowing the challenge really does ramp up at least at the end, I'm quite excited to get back into it now. I wouldn't call it a 9/10 difficulty personally, that's way too high but I think the problem is difficulty is all relative. I'd hesitate to call many games that hard. I'd probably put the likes of Super Meat Boy and Hollow Knight at a 9/10 for the platinum; missing out on the 10/10 because the Steam version has achievements for speed-running and beating the game on Steel Soul mode 112% which I think clinches the 10/10 rating for me. Only platformer that looks to be a genuine 10/10 to me is probably Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time. That one looks to be one hell of a challenge.

I'd say this looks like a solid 6/10 or maybe 7/10 difficulty wise, (though all things are relative). It's more difficult than the average game based on that one trophy 'String It Together' trophy, but if you're a fan of the genre and have solid experience with platformers, it's well within your capabilities.

Edited by BurnedChipmunk

This trophy is hard of course it is a challenge. It is designed to be hard. If you practiced it and take your time at difficult parts it is pretty much doable without being hit and within the 10 minutes.

It took me 150 tries to complete but only because of my greed xD I don't think many people died as often as I did at the last part collecting clocks. But the shaking screen collecting clocks distracted me pretty hard, I think I choked like 6 or 7 runs close to the finish. But at last I got a solid run not being greedy at the end and finishid within 6:21 minutes, which i was satisfied with and didn't bother to try a faster time. In conclusion if only going for the trophy you have plenty of time to go save at difficult spots anyone should be able to get this done with a little bit of dedication.

One post stated playing to the crab section constantly dying there, why not practice this particular section? You always get the same timing cause it is based on your pace in that part and not a global timer even if it was a global timer you could wait a few seconds for your cycle to get your timing right.

In general I also read many comments complaining about difficult trophies, I can't understand those people. What is the purpose of trophies if they don't state a challenge? I find it more satisfying to earn a difficult trophy that requiered a lot of skill and dedication off of me (TM Turbo, Tetris Effect, ...) than trophies you get for free. All the games you virtually pay for a platinum, I also have some of them but don't really value them at all. Such games are superfluous especially 3 to 5 versions of one and the same of these games xD

On 03/01/2021 at 4:45 AM, BoyMyth said:

9 is a bit much. I am in no way an expert at the game and I have done it 3x for myself and friends. Not to mention there is a glitch in which you can get a gold medal by completing it with any time, and end up with a 0.00 time for an easy gold

Edit:

I will say 3.5 is still low in my opinion. A lot of the levels were hard enough just beating them at all. And You almost damn near half to ace a lot of the levels because if you die too much (sometimes even once) you lose a good chunk of your bubbles to not get gold, which a lot of times we need to get costume pieces

What's that glitch you're talking about. Could you elaborate?

Asking for a friend... 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VRYKOS said:

What's that glitch you're talking about. Could you elaborate?

Asking for a friend... 

There was a glitch at release that allowed you to (I think) hit restart just as you were about to cross the finish, and the restart glitched you to a 0sec completion. Long since patched out. For the most part, if you have done the individual challenges to gold, you can pass this with a little patience. When I did it, I went pretty quickly up until the crabs, then took it easy. Getting to the end is the tricky bit, not the time limit. The problem most people have is that they go YOLO on the whole thing, and when they finally complete it, the time is 7 minutes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 3:06 PM, barra333 said:

There was a glitch at release that allowed you to (I think) hit restart just as you were about to cross the finish, and the restart glitched you to a 0sec completion. Long since patched out. For the most part, if you have done the individual challenges to gold, you can pass this with a little patience. When I did it, I went pretty quickly up until the crabs, then took it easy. Getting to the end is the tricky bit, not the time limit. The problem most people have is that they go YOLO on the whole thing, and when they finally complete it, the time is 7 minutes. 

I gave up on this trophy a while back but am planning on coming back one day. I agree the biggest problem for me is getting to the end but i think i go too quickly.

Would you say the time is very generous? 

I might try and take my time and see what my time is. The 2 hit death is very harsh imo

4 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

I gave up on this trophy a while back but am planning on coming back one day. I agree the biggest problem for me is getting to the end but i think i go too quickly.

Would you say the time is very generous? 

I might try and take my time and see what my time is. The 2 hit death is very harsh imo

I did the parts fast where I was confident also some long jumps that cut off a lot of the normal route but not Yolo i would say. Parts where you are confident and also played often are not worth to go slow because the timing you're used to gets off this way causing more problems (at least for me that was the case). Took my time at parts i wasn't confident enough for example the spinning platforms with the thorn bushes I just waited for the right jump not rushing at all. Also the start of the crab section I just waited for the crabs instead of jumping straigth across the gap. My final time was below 7 minutes. If you take your time you can still make it under 10 minutes.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lemaestre said:

I did the parts fast where I was confident also some long jumps that cut off a lot of the normal route but not Yolo i would say. Parts where you are confident and also played often are not worth to go slow because the timing you're used to gets off this way causing more problems (at least for me that was the case). Took my time at parts i wasn't confident enough for example the spinning platforms with the thorn bushes I just waited for the right jump not rushing at all. Also the start of the crab section I just waited for the crabs instead of jumping straigth across the gap. My final time was below 7 minutes. If you take your time you can still make it under 10 minutes.

Good tips. Thanks

4 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

No thanks, this games hard enough for me. 

Its not lazy im just not as skilled as the likes of you

For the most part it's not about skill, but determination and patience. Also, most of the games recently are so nerfed down, that it's nice to have a difficult one like this.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sebulba2000 said:

For the most part it's not about skill, but determination and patience. Also, most of the games recently are so nerfed down, that it's nice to have a difficult one like this.

Yeah i used to have alot more patience than now lol. 

Frustrates me because ive plated the crash trilogy, 100 percented limbo but cant seem to get this one done 

Edited by dannyswfc9

• 2 weeks later...

playing control atm and then gona start this game i have a few questions though for my understanding:

can you do challenge mode first? i would like to possible get the hard stuff out of the way as early as possible then cruise, this is my usual approach when i have an option. 

i have a few platformers under my belt, found the keys stuff in the guacamelee games tough but i got then, i also have prototype (seen in mentioned in this thread) and i have cuphead as a notable platformer challenge how does this compare?

the glitch has been patched out, could i delete the update or just not update the game to make use of this if i decided to take the cowards way out?

also this game looks fun otherwise so looking forward to just enjoying it for the most part 

1 hour ago, El_Shubi said:

playing control atm and then gona start this game i have a few questions though for my understanding:

can you do challenge mode first? i would like to possible get the hard stuff out of the way as early as possible then cruise, this is my usual approach when i have an option. 

i have a few platformers under my belt, found the keys stuff in the guacamelee games tough but i got then, i also have prototype (seen in mentioned in this thread) and i have cuphead as a notable platformer challenge how does this compare?

the glitch has been patched out, could i delete the update or just not update the game to make use of this if i decided to take the cowards way out?

also this game looks fun otherwise so looking forward to just enjoying it for the most part 

You have to play a majority of the regular game to unlock each of the 15 challenges. Then you gotta complete all 15 to bronze then you can attempt the string it together trophy.

Difficulty wise the main game is like a 3/10 for me. If you want to get 100% of everything (not needed for platinum) I'd say like 8/10. The string it together and wonderplane area is easily 6/10 for me. I can't speak regards the games you mentioned.

I suppose if you have a physical copy you could do that.

And yes it's a lot of fun. I had a blast.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I know I’m late for this, but just wanted to say that the core difficulty comes from the unknown. You don’t know the pace you need to make it in time so rush and make tons of dumb mistakes. you don’t want to make it all the way and miss the gold, but you can be a bit more patient than you think due to the last section. 

That was why it took me ages to do it on PS5. Can’t imagine it being as difficult knowing what I do now when I hunker down to plat the PS4 version.

that said it’s weird now this trophy makes it a harder plat than Ghost of Tsushima and other games aiming at an older target audience. I’ll never understand that. I’d rather play R&C on the highest difficulty and have to play it’s challenge mode to plat than this last trial. But those games these days are just free plats if you are willing to collect things and grind slightly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Without String it Together this would be a really enjoyable platinum. A solid 3!

I will not even try String it Together. 

I dont mind difficulity trophies. But i don't like trophies where one little mistake can ruin your whole run.

I'm not patience enough to learn the trials in and out. 

Edited by jordanxavery
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

This is a reminder to myself to not listen to topics about hard trophies without me trying it, first it was Devil May Cry 5 and now this ! Can`t belive i almost skipped those because some people over react to challenging trophies.

And to everyone reading this, The trail is 6/10 at max, i have done it in 111 tries (75% deaths were in the first 5 trails) and only after realizing that i was going too fast. no practice was needed nor going back to YouTube vids

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 9:37 PM, Kcrack_Km said:

A 9? That’s SMB difficulty. Ripsnorter bumps it up to a 5, max. And with online, you can just have someone else beat it while you’re in the same game and everyone gets the trophy anyway.

It was definitely the hardest trophy in the game but I could agree more this game wasn’t hard enough for a nine/ten. I did this in like 40 tries probably just keep grinding @Rebourne07 you will get it I promise you!

On 7/1/2022 at 6:05 AM, BrettyBoy said:

Definitely a hard platinum but it will be rewarding to obtain as a result of that.

It made me feel like a beast for sure. That’s the feeling we live for tacking a hard achievement makes you feel next level.