Beware! Difficult Platinum!

Rebourne07

3 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

I hope this is a sick joke cause this is on my backlog 1f62d.png I thought it was an easy kids game. 

It is definitely not an easy kids game. Well, it is for 99% of the game, but the Ripsnorter challenge is anything but an easy kids game. So if you want that platinum…Good luck.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

I hope this is a sick joke cause this is on my backlog 1f62d.png I thought it was an easy kids game. 

No joke - I'd hesitate to call it a "9/10", but I also wouldn't place it lower than a "7/10" 

The game for the most part is an easy-breezy affair (and a very good one!) - but that ripsnorter challenge is not messing around - it's a long challenge requiring a lot of memory (of the cerebral, and muscle variety) - and it's pretty unforgiving!

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

No joke - I'd hesitate to call it a "9/10", but I also wouldn't place it lower than a "7/10" 

The game for the most part is an easy-breezy affair (and a very good one!) - but that ripsnorter challenge is not messing around - it's a long challenge requiring a lot of memory (of the cerebral, and muscle variety) - and it's pretty unforgiving!

Awesome ??

Wish I hadn’t bloody started the thing now. It can go on the back of the backlog. I’ve still not recovered from sega megadrive classics ?

I got this platinum earlier this year. Reading through this topic made me realize one thing, that people are soft and used to garbage easy 1 hour platinums. The people rating this above 8/10 have lost their freaking minds. on an objective level, this is hardly more than 7/10 and that's being extremely generous

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

I got this platinum earlier this year. Reading through this topic made me realize one thing, that people are soft and used to garbage easy 1 hour platinums. The people rating this above 8/10 have lost their freaking minds. on an objective level, this is hardly more than 7/10 and that's being extremely generous

Yawn.

Its easy a 7/10 at least with alot of patience. But what do i know. I only play easy games ?

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

And there it is. Wouldn’t be a psn profile post without someone belittling others. Thanks @Hvalpen ??
What most people consider a 3/10 I would place at a 50/10. Difficulty is subjective and some people aren’t a pro gaming God like you ?

Thanks to the people who gave a less insulting heads up ??

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

Looks like I’m gonna be breaking more controllers then ?

ripsnorter is easily achieved by having someone else do it. if youre in a group of 4 and 1 person completes it in under 10 minutes, the whole party gets the trophy even if the other 3 died. starting a boosting session might help you.

• Like 3

On 12.7.2022 at 11:59 AM, tonkie18 said:

And there it is. Wouldn’t be a psn profile post without someone belittling others. Thanks @Hvalpen 1f44d-1f3fc.png
What most people consider a 3/10 I would place at a 50/10. Difficulty is subjective and some people aren’t a pro gaming God like you 1f644.png

Thanks to the people who gave a less insulting heads up ?1f618.png

I'm not trying to belittle people. You are correct, difficulty is subjective, but there also has to be a degree of objectivity when rating difficulty. I am by no means a God a gaming by the way. But it's absolutely ridiculous seeing people place the difficulty of this game only one or two levels below notorious games like super meat boy or crypt of the necrodancer. People are basically saying this game is as hard as wipeout, which is crazy, from an objective standpoint.

Furthermore people might see people heavily exaggerate this difficulty and therefore stay away from the game, which would be a shame.

Finally, people have become soft in regards to trophy hunting. That's a fact. Back in the early days you would never see people cry about moderate challenges like this one, or do petitions etc. People have been spoonfed easy titles for years, which created a shift in the perception of why one hunts trophies. I have a hunch that the people who feel offended by my previous post knows that there profile aren't exactly littered with "difficult" trophies. I haven't checked though.

• Like 2

@Hvalpen again, why do you feel the need to comment? The first half of your post was enough. Being objective is fine..

but then when you follow it up by saying ‘I have a hunch that the people who feel offended by my previous post knows that there profile aren’t exactly littered with “difficult” trophies’ … it’s just going to offend people isn’t it? Some people won’t find a particular trophy difficult, but I might think it’s the hardest thing ever. I do it, I achieve it, then someone comes along judging my profile for not being ‘littered with difficult’ trophies and just belittling me. 

It’s just you saying you’re shit and I’m better and if I’m not playing super meat boy or knocking crypt of the necrodancer out I haven’t earned respect. We all have our strengths. I don’t go around picking on your spelling do I. 

My profile is filled with trophies I have found difficult. And it also has a lot of trophies on it that I find easier to give me a break from the tough ones. I like what I play and I’m so bored of being judged by my trophies and people constantly pissing all over my accomplishments with their pigheaded words.

Momma used to tell me if you don’t got nothin nice to say, don’t say nothin at all ✌?

I do wish people would live by that motto instead of trying to make other people feel bad, pathetic, useless or whatever all the time. 

Tis but a pipe dream.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

@Hvalpen again, why do you feel the need to comment? The first half of your post was enough. Being objective is fine..

but then when you follow it up by saying ‘I have a hunch that the people who feel offended by my previous post knows that there profile aren’t exactly littered with “difficult” trophies’ … it’s just going to offend people isn’t it? Some people won’t find a particular trophy difficult, but I might think it’s the hardest thing ever. I do it, I achieve it, then someone comes along judging my profile for not being ‘littered with difficult’ trophies and just belittling me. 

It’s just you saying you’re shit and I’m better and if I’m not playing super meat boy or knocking crypt of the necrodancer out I haven’t earned respect. We all have our strengths. I don’t go around picking on your spelling do I. 

My profile is filled with trophies I have found difficult. And it also has a lot of trophies on it that I find easier to give me a break from the tough ones. I like what I play and I’m so bored of being judged by my trophies and people constantly pissing all over my accomplishments with their pigheaded words.

Momma used to tell me if you don’t got nothin nice to say, don’t say nothin at all 270c-1f3fc.png

I literally said that I'm no God myself. But it's like that with anything mostly, no? People who take actual offense at things are usually people who feel like there is some truth to it. 

I made a general statement regarding people having become soft due to the market overflowing with gimme plats, which makes people overrate difficulty of games now a days. That sparked a small handful of people getting offended and needing to wash their hands of a potential stigma. Why?

When you advise others of game difficulty one should be objective. People here aren't saying " Personally i found it difficult, but that's on me for not being great at platformers. Overall it's probably not as hard as I make it out to be" they instead go "this game is 9/10. Period". That, to me, is an issue, cause it triggers people to think that it's objectively 9/10 and will therefore miss out on a great experience.

Man im writing way too much about something that technically doesn't matter. 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 0:49 PM, EightBitArtist said:

ripsnorter is easily achieved by having someone else do it. if youre in a group of 4 and 1 person completes it in under 10 minutes, the whole party gets the trophy even if the other 3 died. starting a boosting session might help you.

Nice one thanks. I dint know you could have 4 players. Ive seen 2 players where someone carrys the other player through but i thought you still had to finish to get the trophy

Dont wanna sound like a ♥, but threads like this make me cringe. If this is a 9, then SMB, CRASH 4, DOWNWELL are what? a 12049858585 out 10???? Dude , just because it is really really hard for you doesnt mean it is indeed Hard, maybe there is a option called, MAYBE I SUCK AT THIS GAME??? you people should think about that before saying these stuff lol, you clearly dont know what a true 9 is. I made a thread similar like this on MIGHTY N 9 because the guy said it is a 5, it is clearly not, just compare the rarity of the plats and requirements, MIGHTY N 9 it is a least an 7, to me is a 8, it shits on this game right here easily

• Like 1

Okay while Ripsnorter is a challenge, it's very doable with some patience and practice.

Took me about 2-3 hours of practice to get it down, and would personally give the game a 4-5/10 difficulty because of it, but this is coming from someone who lives and breathes platformers ? I can totally understand if some people have trouble with it and rate it higher, considering how long the challenge takes to complete, but considering the trials haven't changed from the first time you'd played them, and the order is always the same, it's easy to get into a rhythm and get some muscle memory down for each section. Not to mention that the required time is incredibly generous with the amount of clocks present. My tactic was to rush through the first few trials up to the one with the crabs, then just take it slowly and carefully from there. Here's my run if anyone is interested: 

• Like 2

On 7/12/2022 at 10:44 AM, Rebourne07 said:

It is definitely not an easy kids game. Well, it is for 99% of the game, but the Ripsnorter challenge is anything but an easy kids game. So if you want that platinum…Good luck.

Took me 15 hours of practice to do ripsnorter. Totally worth it though. I YouTubed my fails and success so I can look back at it. That was a bitch to beat 

• Like 1

@AJ_Radio I don’t know what you said about me because it was deleted before I could see it - a friend told me, but I can imagine. Here’s an idea. If you’ve got such a problem with me maybe stop stalking my profile? Ignorance is bliss after all. 

I don’t know why you get kicks out of picking on people and putting them down ??‍♀️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonkie18 said:

@AJ_Radio I don’t know what you said about me because it was deleted before I could see it - a friend told me, but I can imagine. Here’s an idea. If you’ve got such a problem with me maybe stop stalking my profile? Ignorance is bliss after all. 

I don’t know why you get kicks out of picking on people and putting them down ?1f3fc.png‍♀️

You have an issue with anybody that doesn't agree with you. I said it. You're responding to everybody who doesn't agree with your stance on difficult games with an overly emotional response when there are far, far more difficult games out there.

Rational thinking seems to be mostly lost on us, because threads like this one and the one I just commented on regarding Stray are full of people just griping on a certain trophy when the game itself just came out.

And nobody was telling you you need to finish Super Meat Boy to gain any sort of credit. It's a really hard game, I know, because I got the platinum in it. Ranting can be good sometimes. Sometimes ranting just backfires.

Hahaha *i* have an issue with anyone that disagrees with me?? And *i* rant??? You’re the most notorious person on here for moaning and whinging AJ

And because I respond differently to topics than a man would do.. I’m ‘emotional’ and ‘irrational’. So am I not allowed to have an opinion because I’m female? I’m sorry are we back in the 1940’s? You have your opinion, I have mine. Stop picking on people on forums so they’re scared to speak. 

AJ you’re sexist and full of yourself and I’m starting to see why you’re disliked on here. 

And if you have such a problem with me why the hell are you hanging around on my profile so often? To get ammunition? To take the piss out of me? You’re not a nice person. 

• Like 2