Sony auto refunding those who bought it last month.

Vergil

As a subscriber of playstation plus, we will refund the purchase price of this product to your playstation store wallet as this is a playstation plus monthly game. This will not affect your ability to play the game as we have not removed the game from your library.

Edit: I got to keep the original license as I have access to both ps4 and ps5 versions atm. So no, if I end plus I do not lose the game. As far as the refunds go, as usual with something like this it takes a bit of time to process. I do not have the funds back yet either and don't expect to for alil bit, especially with new years coming up.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/kn7apf/bought_maneater_last_month_turned_on_ps5_to/

Don't have a ps5 so can't really confirm this. Maybe someone else?

Edited by Vergil

I hope they start doing this for all PS+ games going forward. Especially when they put a game in a sale and then the next month it’s on PS+. I’ve had this happen and I was pretty pissed off about it (granted I bought a physical copy). Any game that is in any sale should be ineligible to be a PS+ game the following month (cue people complaining it should be 2 months, no 3 months, no 4 months....). Sure glad I decided not to buy Shadow Of The Tomb Raider from the current sale. Might be a bit different if you buy a deluxe version but for the base version this should absolutely apply.

• Like 1

This is what I do before buying games:

if there is a sale and it continues past the date they announce PS+ games, like the January sales we’re having now, I wait until they announce the PS+ games before buying anything.

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, LoveInHell said:

This is what I do before buying games:

if there is a sale and it continues past the date they announce PS+ games, like the January sales we’re having now, I wait until they announce the PS+ games before buying anything.

Same here. Been doing this for awhile. Not blaming anyone. But Always wait and see how long the sale will last

• Like 1

Happy to see Sony, or whomever is responsible here, accounting for this issue, even if it is just a one off at this stage; it's a step in the right direction.

Edited by Duffcar
*not sure where the decision lies myself

3 hours ago, Inuty said:

Isnt this the decision of the developers and not Sony? I wouldnt count on that for the next months.

I would imagine so, unless the terms of agreeing to put your game on PS+ would require this. And since I've never seen this happen before (I could have just missed it, I have never personally been in this situation) I doubt that's the case. It could be new for PS5 games, but still I'd doubt it.

Seems like it's just a case of good guy Maneater devs.