Need people with knowledge of hacking etc

Zander

So I pissed off a hacker on an 11 year old YouTube video most likely because I corrected his grammar and guessed his location based on the time he said (a little hindsight my friend and I just commented on the video with no other comments and he started liking and deleting the comments, and it was just us goofing around before the hacker came around) . He got my information along with a friend of mine, nothing we can do about it now, he’s changed my friends bio, can message me as if it were my friend writing (my friend has 2 step and didn’t get any login notice) also he can join a party as my friend off the app while cutting contact with my friend off (said he hijacked the mic) also said that “good luck on getting your 82nd platinum screen while I’m gonna make the real money” I also asked what’s up with that username, it was just random numbers and letters so I was genuinely curious. So any ideas on how to get rid of this person? And for my own trophies safety what can he possibly do on my 82nd platinum? This all happened last 

If you have two factor authentication on, that’s about all you can do as long as you also have a strong password on your PSN account and your email. 

Probably want to avoid responding to them in any way. You seem to have instigated them and there isn’t much else you can do. You could probably contact Sony security support and let them know what’s happened so far. I doubt they’ll be able to do much, but if they open a ticket, at least there will be history when something else happens in the future. 

I’m not condoning YouTube hacking vigilantism, but randomly messing with people can come with some consequences. 

• Like 1

On top of the other actually decent recs here, I'd advise to change the login email you use.  Change it to something you've not used anywhere else or given out to anyone, if needed create a new email entirely.  Make sure the password you change to also is something not used elsewhere or something you've used in the past and isn't the same as the email password.  As far as how he got into your friend's account despite two step verification, that can happen if the hacker gains access to the email as well.  Two step verification is completely worthless if the methods used for the additional verification are also compromised and it's not hard to also hack an email if someone tends to use similar or the same passwords and the same username everywhere like many people do.

Also just to be on the safe side, if you have any payment methods stored on your account (credit card, paypal, etc.) remove those.  This only would be an issue if the account did get compromised, but better to not leave something on the account for a hacker to use.  While Sony would refund purchases made by a hacker, it's always better to not have your money tied up for a time while that is being processed.  It's usually safer to not store any payment options on your account in general.

34 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

On top of the other actually decent recs here, I'd advise to change the login email you use.  Change it to something you've not used anywhere else or given out to anyone, if needed create a new email entirely.  Make sure the password you change to also is something not used elsewhere or something you've used in the past and isn't the same as the email password.  As far as how he got into your friend's account despite two step verification, that can happen if the hacker gains access to the email as well.  Two step verification is completely worthless if the methods used for the additional verification are also compromised and it's not hard to also hack an email if someone tends to use similar or the same passwords and the same username everywhere like many people do.

Also just to be on the safe side, if you have any payment methods stored on your account (credit card, paypal, etc.) remove those.  This only would be an issue if the account did get compromised, but better to not leave something on the account for a hacker to use.  While Sony would refund purchases made by a hacker, it's always better to not have your money tied up for a time while that is being processed.  It's usually safer to not store any payment options on your account in general.

Additionally, PSN finally allows for the use of third-party authentication. May as well take advantage of an extra layer of free protection.