Final secret discovered, a cheat code to skip the entire game

SnowxSakura

Man the developers hate their games.

First Nier has a trophy that forces you to skip the entire story of the first half of the game.

Then they put in unlocks you can skip all the bullshit grinding in Nier: Automata

Now they just want you to skip more of their game.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Man the developers hate their games.

First Nier has a trophy that forces you to skip the entire story of the first half of the game.

Then they put in unlocks you can skip all the bullshit grinding in Nier: Automata

Now they just want you to skip more of their game.

well to be fair you could do the same with games like alone in the dark 2009 and prey 2016 alone in the dark can skip any level you like if you played enough and prey 2016 you can beat the game fairly fast due to getting the fast easy way out ending but yeah

• Like 1

It's cool people are finding things in the game this long after its release. Two things though:

1) This is one of the best games to release in a stacked 2017 year. I wouldn't recommend doing this and experience the story in its entirety if you're new to the game. Which also leads to:

2) Trophies in the game are incredibly easy since, as Snow mentioned, a shop opens up after you beat the game where you just buy the trophies with in game money. You'll be flushed with cash by the end of the game. So even if you're just into trophy hunting, the game is incredibly easy to platinum.

Edited by BKnocheese
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, BKnocheese said:

It's cool people are finding things in the game this long after its release. Two things though:

1) This is one of the best games to release in a stacked 2017 year. I wouldn't recommend doing this and experience the story in its entirety if you're new to the game. Which also leads to:

2) Trophies in the game are incredibly easy since, as Snow mentioned, a shop opens up after you beat the game where you just buy the trophies with in game money. You'll be flushed with cash by the end of the game. So even if you're just into trophy hunting, the game is incredibly easy to platinum.

Really?, without trying to grind you'll get tons of money when you finish the game? I stopped playing the game because as soon as reached the camp i had to run errands, that made me think i have to do them to collect a lot of money and then put the game aside.

26 minutes ago, pathtoninja said:

Wish I would've known this when I played...this game was boring as shit. Did have it's moments though.

Right?!  I got this game last year because I've heard so many good things.  Stuck on 10% completion because I found it to be so boring.  Nothing about it seemed particularly difficult, but man was it monotonous.  At least for the 10-12 hrs that I played of it.

2 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

Really?, without trying to grind you'll get tons of money when you finish the game? I stopped playing the game because as soon as reached the camp i had to run errands, that made me think i have to do them to collect a lot of money and then put the game aside.

I guess it depends on various factors, but I'd be surprised if you didn't have enough currency to buy at least 1/4 of the trophies.  At worst, back up your save and reload. Your money will be restored, and of course the game will recognize you have any new trophies.

• Like 2

That’s pretty neat. I always find it fascinating when stuff like this is discovered in games after many years, or the tiny communities of hardcore fans out there who actively scour every inch of these games and try to find stuff like this.

This is sort of veering off topic slightly, but this reminds me of a really interesting video I stumbled across about the decade-plus hunt for a rumoured final secret in Shadows of the Colossus. The rumour sort of grew into this cult legend, and this small group of highly dedicated fans spent years and years exploring every corner of the game and brainstorming ideas together. I believe this was also why Bluepoint included a special secret area in the game when they remade it for PS4, as a kind of nod to these hardcore fans. ?

On 2021-01-03 at 3:22 PM, GoldenShaka said:

I just played this one recently. You have to do a 3 legitimate playthroughs anyways, so by the time you finish the 3rd story path you will have more than enough, and should be able to dump your entire inventory for a couple million in currency.

• Like 1