Valcunus

First 2021 platinum?

140 posts in this topic

Walking Dead Final Season on Jan 1st. I’m up to 8 plats for 2021. Mostly cheap quick ones but I have no shame. Bugsnax was fun. The Order 1886 was short but mostly enjoyable. Happy hunting!!

Horizon Zero Dawn, man what game it was, easy plat for sure, but in no ocasion I felt bored while going for it.

Posted (edited)

One week into the new year until i got my first :platinum: In 2021. On 7th Jan i got:

La12bae.png

i didn't like it as much as the Original but i played it 3 times to get all trophies including even the two dlc ones.

Edited by Evil_Joker88

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back. I'm so happy with this one, I found it harder than Crash Bandicoot 1. I'm not very good at platform games and I hate the new jumping physics. I hope that last one is easier.

Posted (edited)

DO YOU GUYS GETTING PLATINUMS??

will_poulter.jpg

I'm working on JRPGs so maybe I get a plat before March 😅😂

Edited by Puppeter04

Red Dead Redemption 2... finally.

1L020f53.png

Posted (edited)

Not yet, I've jumped on the percentage boost event so aiming to up my average completion to 6p% by finishing up on the online portions of ps3 games, currently working on far cry 2 so pray for me :P

But after that my first plat of 2021 will probably be little big planet 3!

Edited by CaptainMonkster

No plat, but I just 100%ed Warframe (on PS4 and PS5).

1L847f0e.png

Days Gone (PS4): Jan 9th, 2021 

Was hoping to end the year with it, but starting the new year with it turned out just as good. My first platinum of 2021 was Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. 💜

The Surge 2 - 3rd January.

It was very funny and I really enjoyed playing it.

It was cool to end 2020 with The Surge platinum and start 2021 with its sequel!!!

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix

I found the plat really stressful with some of the side content. I tried the the 1 playthrough method and failed and ended up doing the 2 playthrough way and completed it.

Really enjoyed the gummi ship stuff, more so than the actual game itself. The end game content I did not enjoy, KH2 is too technical of a game for me and I didn't want to invest the time to master it. I brute forced anything and everything on beginner and got through it. For what it's worth I did everything on critical except 2 trophies which I did on beginner.

My first plat this year was my 400th and it was Cuphead.

No Man's Sky. Also 100%'ed.

None yet.  Currently cleaning up some DLC in Borderlands 3.  First plat this year will probably be NieR: Automata.

1L5acd5d.png

Stranger of Sword City

Probably would give this one a 7/10 difficulty because even on the lowest difficulty level the game is pretty hard and very unforgiving in how cheap the bosses and even some regular encounters can get.  The very last boss for post game is actually 4 bosses, first you have to do three in a row, then you can move on to the 4th but can only heal, no saving.  I only finally beat the last boss here because I got lucky on the effect of a one time item that gives a random effect when it comes down to it.  Glad to have this one out of the way at last!

1L78e2ce.png

The Hero of Heroes
Collect every trophy in Ratchet & Clank

Decided to start going back through some of the oldest games I have on my account, loved this game and finally got it's Platinum on 8th Jan 2021 at 11:45:27 AM

Far Cry New Dawn ! 

Then... Spirit of the north, storm boy, Star wars racer and Chickens on the road 😀

Mine was Clockwork Tales of Glass and Ink.  Never played one of these hidden object games before but I mostly enjoyed it.  I've got a couple more buried in my backlog so will perhaps prioritise digging them out a bit faster than originally planned.  

Yakuza 4 Remastered. It wasn't a difficult game to platinum tbh, as it's said to be the second easiest platinum in the series along with Yakuza 6, but rather a time consuming one (took around 80 hours). Really recommend the game and the series.

GTA San Andreas

I took a little break away from trophy hunting for about a week or so, practically didn’t do much during the first week of January.