First 2021 platinum?

Valcunus

So my first platinum of the year was one I didn't think I had the skill to get. Batman Arkham Asylum, I tried the challenges a few times but the combat just didn't click with me well enough and I could barely get 18,000 points on the very 1st and easiest challenge so gave up. At the end of 2020, I played through the 2 Telltale Batman games (loved them) which triggered a Batman high for me. I watched the Nolan Batman trilogy and started Arkham City. After beating the campaign, I felt really comfortable with the combat so gave Asylum another go and this morning I finished the last extreme combat challenge! I am truly surprised it is not a rarer platinum. Not sure I'll go for City's platinum as the Campaign challenges sound tedious to say the least.

• Like 1

Jedi Fallen Order is my first 2021 platinum. 

Great star wars game, i love the uncharted like set pieces in the game along with tomb raider like exploration. 

The plat process is a little grindy with backtracking to previous levels but i would recommended the game. 

If anyone is looking to play it but not wanting to buy full price, buy a month of EA access for 5 dollars. A month is plenty of time to plat the game and you get access to alot of other EA games too. Just remember to turn off auto renew for EA access in the subscriptions menu. 

Mine was Glass Masquerade 2: Illusions something something. Really cool "jigsaw" puzzle type of game (i say it with quotations because it really isn't a jigsaw in the traditional sense), and I loved playing it while listening to some stories. Great game, only wish there were more than just 31 levels. Still lasted me like, what, 10-15 hours or so? Super happy with it overall.

I just saw this post, so I've got a few more than the early comments. On January 3rd, I had already gotten:

The Sims 4, 2/10 with a guide only because there is an EXTREMELY buggy trophy.

NeverEnd, 5.5/10 as it is VERY luck-based on even attempting to get to the final boss. With luck, there is very little skill needed.

Since January 3rd, I have gotten:

Refunct, 2/10 for the speedrun trophies.

Peasant Knight, 2.5/10 due to the speed

Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault, 4/10 as it is fairly straightforward, just slightly time-consuming.

Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight, 4/10 if you are good at rhythm games, 6/10 if not.

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom: Rehydrated, 1/10 with a guide for Patrick's socks. I think I died once and that was because I accidentally fell during one of the platforming sections.

RPG Maker MV, 1/10 as you can speed through almost every trophy except for the "Place a total of x map tiles" trophies where you have to spam X 50,000 times

Dying: Reborn, 2/10 with a guide

Loot Hero DX, 1/10. Just hold right and buy upgrades occasionally.