Online servers closing question - HITMAN & HITMAN 2 PS4

XDragon7Ninja7X

I wasn't matching with anyone on the matchmaker for Sniper Co-op (waited over an hour) so the idea of using the 7 day trial of PS Now to download the digital version of Hitman 2 on my old PS4 came to mind.

- Signed in as my primary Null_Spectre and downloaded the expansion maps, digital version detected without issue

- Used the disc version on my primary activated PS4 Pro using a secondary test account

- Was able to complete the three maps in co-op under 30 mins solo

Thought I'd share incase others were having trouble with the matchmaking/setting up boosting sessions and had an old ps4 laying around.

30 minutes ago, PatinumNumemon said:

I'm guessing there has been no update for the game today regarding the multiplayer trophies?

As of right now, there isn't any news. They're currently resolving the issues with the launch of HITMAN 3 so it might take a while. Maybe they'll even forget that they said they were going to shut it down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TugaSonic said:

As of right now, there isn't any news. They're currently resolving the issues with the launch of HITMAN 3 so it might take a while. Maybe they'll even forget that they said they were going to shut it down.

Oof. I hope they do not forget. Though I do understand that Hitman 3 clearly comes first as of now. Hopefully they will come back to it like how Monolith did with Shadow of Mordor

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

So to be safe, I should just get the 3 trophies out of the way now if I am planning to play Hitman 2 soon. I had no idea about the server closures. The other trophies will definitely not be affected right

Yes but be really quick about it . It only take an hour with 2 players but the server were suppose to go down has hitman3 comes out wich is today...

9 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

So to be safe, I should just get the 3 trophies out of the way now if I am planning to play Hitman 2 soon. I had no idea about the server closures. The other trophies will definitely not be affected right

As of right now, IO only said they would sunset the co-op servers of Sniper Assassin in HITMAN 2 before the launch of HITMAN 3. They are still working but it's unknown if they forgot, decided to let them stay, etc, since no further statement was given (they also said they would look for a solution to the mode’s multiplayer trophies but until now there's been no further news).
And yes only the trophies associated with the co-op mode will be affected, everything else should be safe. As for the trophies affected they are:
- Deadly Duo (Himmelstein)
- Double Trouble (Singapore/Hantu Port)
- Two for One (Siberia)

Edited by TugaSonic
  • Like 3

As of ths morning the MP is still working. Just got the Deadly Duo trophy. Hoping when I can get back on this afternoon I can knock out the other 2 trophies.

Thankfully I was able to get all the MP done. If anyone is still needing it I wouldn't wait much longer.

Edited by snakebit10
Added to my post.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

As of right now, IO only said they would sunset the co-op servers of Sniper Assassin in HITMAN 2 before the launch of HITMAN 3. They are still working but it's unknown if they forgot, decided to let them stay, etc, since no further statement was given (they also said they would look for a solution to the mode’s multiplayer trophies but until now there's been no further news).
And yes only the trophies associated with the co-op mode will be affected, everything else should be safe. As for the trophies affected they are:
- Deadly Duo (Himmelstein)
- Double Trouble (Singapore/Hantu Port)
- Two for One (Siberia)

Yeah thankfully I managed to get all the 3 trophies. Now I can play the game in peace at my own leisure. 

Just starting a youtube channel for games.  If anyone needs some challenge/feats help, so far Himmelstein is my most covered, please check out my videos!  I will be working on the other 2 sniper missions also soon!   Give me a like and a sub if you found them useful!  Thanks guys. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFXIGWrK98f7UTiJ4UOvyHWVgSkuE1smO

1 hour ago, Bonzo1412 said:

I hope I've read this early enough. Still missing the MP in Hantu and Siberia, haven't actually played the latter yet.

I just started the game, let's see whether it works...

I got the Siberia and Hantu a couple hours or so ago. Hope you can still get them.

58 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I got the Siberia and Hantu a couple hours or so ago. Hope you can still get them.

Thank you! In the meantime I was able to get Hantu.

For Siberia I seem to have not much luck. Two times I found another player but both times the connection broke during the mission - one time with only a single guard left in order to finish...

Edit: After a third disconnect right before the final target (seriously!?) the fourth try finally worked. Thanks for the help!

Now I can focus on the rest at my own pace.

Edited by Bonzo1412
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonzo1412 said:

Thank you! In the meantime I was able to get Hantu.

For Siberia I seem to have not much luck. Two times I found another player but both times the connection broke during the mission - one time with only a single guard left in order to finish...

Edit: After a third disconnect right before the final target (seriously!?) the fourth try finally worked. Thanks for the help!

Now I can focus on the rest at my own pace.

I got disconnected on Siberia once and then it took 7 minutes or so to find another player. Of the 3 maps Siberia seemed like it was the least populated. Yeah, I am going to work on Hitman 1 than I will get to 2. I didn't like to have to add all of them to my profile at once but I wanted to make sure I got the MP trophies.

45 minutes ago, kalimullin said:

I didn't find this information here https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/ so maybe you have the information

Will it be possible to save hitman 2 profile after online closure to transfer it later to hitman 3 or this functionality will be turned off as well?

The only thing that's supposed to be turned off is the Co-Op mode of the 3 Sniper Assassin's Missions. Everything else is fine for now including profile transfer (would be stupid to close it when HITMAN 3 just launched when not everyone will immediately jump to it).

20 minutes ago, CsabelitoHUN said:

Can I immediately start with those 3 coop trophies or do I need to unlock something first?

As long as you have all 3 locations (Himmelstein, Hantu Port/Singapore and Siberia) installed you can start them as soon as you boot the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CsabelitoHUN said:

Can I immediately start with those 3 coop trophies or do I need to unlock something first?

Yes, you don't need to play any other mission. 

The game will directly start the first mission upon pressing start game, but once you gain control of 47, press Options button and quit the game. Then simply look for the Sniper Assassin mode and enter. All 3 missions will be accessible from there.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 2