Is Crash 4 fun, if I just want to play it casually?

I’ve been wanting to play a fun and colorful game and that is also not too short or, at least, that offers some replayability. Sackboy and Crash 4 are some of the games I’m interested in.

I haven’t played the PS4 Crash trilogy, but I did play a bit of the original games on the Vita. Although they were hard and a bit frustrating, they never stopped being fun and addictive, so I always felt the motivation to keep trying and to learn the levels, because getting to the end and seeing what comes next was so interesting.

I know that Crash 4’s platinum is very hard, but getting the platinum is not that important for me. I do want to beat the game, enjoy it and have fun.

So, my question is: is Crash 4 still fun and enjoyable, even though, from what I understand it’s harder than the other games in the series or is it just so hard after a while, that even if you don’t care about all the completionist stuff, it just stops being fun and it’s just stressful, annoying and frustrating?

Thank you for your opinions! :)?

• Like 1

I'd say if you just want to finish the game (story), the game is not hard at all and is still a lot of fun. Sure, there are some tricky bits but if you play on "modern", you have infinite lives on each checkpoint. It will take you roughly 6-9 hours depending on your platforming skills.

However, I think the best part of the game is actually going for the 106% completion. :) Hopefully you will give it a shot too.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 3

Without a shadow of a doubt, this is the funnest Crash platformer of the PS4 bunch in my opinion. I do casual speedruns and some of the tech is bonkers silly lol

Above are some the neater skips speedrunners use, I get Nitro skip maybe half the time

Edited by Dreggit
  • Like 2

As the others have said, crash 4 has all the bells and whistles of the old game plus a ton of new stuff that is very enjoyable. I know id never get the plat so I didnt even try but still enjoyed myself. the 2nd last level of the game i died 86 times lol

• Like 2

Since you're looking for a colorful and fun game, allow me to also recommend you New Super Lucky’s Tale and Sackboy.

Maybe you already heard and watch something about these games, but I thought you might be interested in both as well :)

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 0:06 AM, Dreggit said:

Without a shadow of a doubt, this is the funnest Crash platformer of the PS4 bunch in my opinion. I do casual speedruns and some of the tech is bonkers silly lol

Above are some the neater skips speedrunners use, I get Nitro skip maybe half the time

Do these skips still work (I tried them but can't pull them off because I lose the masks) 

That's the beauty of CB4.

For example, first time you play Cortex Castle, the level is overwhelming and you die a lot. But even with 1 hour of practice, you will see some huge improvements and sections that seemed "totally random" suddenly make sense.

Though there are levels like Rush Hour which I couldn't stand. :D

• Like 1

the level design I'm really annoyed at is the 2 polar ones, I've spent most of my time on this game in those stages just trying to earn to box gem just for the that stupid bear to miss 1 2x2 box every single time, can anyone give any decent tips on how to actually hit them cause this is making me reach my limit.

1 hour ago, DivineAlice said:

the level design I'm really annoyed at is the 2 polar ones, I've spent most of my time on this game in those stages just trying to earn to box gem just for the that stupid bear to miss 1 2x2 box every single time, can anyone give any decent tips on how to actually hit them cause this is making me reach my limit.

This might be obvious, but I found d-pad to be more precise for these riding sections. I used it for polar as well as the alien.

It Is a fun and well crafted game. If you don’t mind some trial end error, just beating it is not hard and part of the fun. 

Completing everything the game has to offer (especially trophy wise) is a totally different thing that requires a lot of patience, dedication and muscle memory.

Edited by proud2bNs

6 hours ago, HusKy said:

This might be obvious, but I found d-pad to be more precise for these riding sections. I used it for polar as well as the alien.

Honestly I find d-pad a lot worse then I do stick, the d-pad for me steers so much faster that trying to avoid obstacle and hit next 2 sets of 2x2's I miss more often than stick