Newbie Question on calculation: % completed

Hey everyone, happy new year to all of you!

I am new to this site - and actually also new to PSN trophies in general. I once owned a PS One but this was like 2 centuries ago. However, I was lucky and managed to buy a PS 5 and am hooked again :)

So far I understand most of the calculations - however there is one thing which I do not get - and this is related to the calculation of "% completed".

I have achieved 100% of all trophies for Astro's Playroom. There is a DLC (well actually a kind of "add-on" with 3 additional trophies. I managed 2 of the 3 trophies. I am still working on the Speedruns (not good so far though) but that's a different story.

Question: I have 2 of 3 trophies (1 gold, 1 bronze), the 2nd golden trophy is missing. Why is the "% completed" calculated as 53% only? and in consequence the whole game of which I own 45 of 46 is showing 92% (and Rank "B")?

Thanks for clarification!

It's based off of trophy points, not trophy count, excluding plats.

Bronze: 15pts

Silver: 30pts

Gold 90pts

3 trophies: 2 gold 1 bronze would total:

90 + 90 + 15

Earning 1 gold and 1 bronze would be:

90 + 15

Completion would be:

90 + 15 / 90 + 90 + 15

The ranking system (E, F, D etc) is compared to others who have the game. "C" is the average completion (I don't remember the +/- of the ranks). "E" is 0% completion and "S" is 100% completion always.

• Like 4

Ok, thank you for the nice clarification!

I thought about the values of the trophies (90 gold, etc) but this did not work out as I have the platinum. Did not realize that platinum are excluded in the calculation.

Is there a specific reason why? Because most platinum are received when all other trophies have been accomplished?

38 minutes ago, craig_obviously said:

Platinum is excluded because it isn't actually EARNED.. its a gift for earning the other trophies.

Also... had a quick look at your page... your overall completion percentage could be improved by removing all the 0% completion games...

Thanks for the advice ... I do see in the settings how to hide "0%" games but actually do not see how to remove these. The thing is I anyhow do not have that much play time due to work + family and kids who also wanna play on the PS5 ;) so I will never be a real trophy hunter like most of you. And with the PS + collection I have a ton of games which I take a first quick look at but will not play for quite a while (if at all).

Despite that, would a higher completion rate change anything for me? I see that it influences overall statistics and Rank stats but that would not change a lot with several thousand players per game.

48 minutes ago, craig_obviously said:

Also... had a quick look at your page... your overall completion percentage could be improved by removing all the 0% completion games...

9 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I was under the impression that 0% games do not count against some particular statistic and I thought it was completion percentage.

It depends on which completion stat you look at. The one on the profile page excludes 0% but the one on the stats page DOES include 0%.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rey_delafleur said:

Despite that, would a higher completion rate change anything for me? I see that it influences overall statistics and Rank stats but that would not change a lot with several thousand players per game.

Nope. It's just for your personal feelings how high or low the percentage is :)