Crossplay Question

If I am on PS5 and turn my crossplay off, is it going to search for PS5 only, or PS5 AND PS4 players?

I ask because when using all of my PS5s, I can normally find a match with myself instantly. I add one PS4 player to the mix, and we cant find eachother. Normally that would answer my question right there, but then I was still able to play with my PS4 friends legit even though we all had crossplay off

27 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It will only look for other PS5 players, since that's the version you're playing.

But then why if we all have crossplay turned off, i can still invite PS4 friends and play publicly together? 

When crossplay is turned off on PS5 for other titles like cod, it also searches for PS4 players. 

Edited by BoyMyth

15 hours ago, Mirrors1118 said:

If you’re on ps5 and playing the killer with crossplay off you will look for host survivors who’s on ps5 but the ps5 survivor lobby can invite ps4 players as long as the person who’s sending the invite is on ps5. 

If I would have known this, I would not have purchased so many PS5s. Smh thank you for the info

18 hours ago, BoyMyth said:

I bought 5 originally, opened 3, gave the other 2 to family members, and then was gifted a new one in Christmas which is the one in trying to sell lol

I hope you sell it at the suggested retail price. So many people wish a PS5 right now because of the artificial shortage caused by those scalpers who snatched thousands of them and are selling them the double, triple or beyond the retail price.

Please, do me a favor and give a chance for someone, who proves to not be a scalper, to buy one at the retail price, they will surely be grateful! :)

Edited by MaxieM0us3

Just now, MaxieM0us3 said:

I hope you sell it at the suggested retail price. So many people wish a PS5 right now because of the artificial shortage caused by these scalpers who snatched thousands of them and are selling them the double, triple or beyond the retail price.

Please, do me a favor and give a chance for someone to buy one at the retail priced, they will surely be grateful! :)

Oh dude ive already sold a few at retail, I dont scalp or anything lol. Everything I have was purchased in store, and 2 of my consoles I even paid overprice for on FB marketplace haha

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Turn crossplay off on killer's ps5 and on survivor host's ps5. If ranks do not differ a lot, you should find yourself in 5 minutes. If rank is the same it is high chance to find yourself almost immediately. Even if your ranks differs a lot, you will be able to find yourself in about 10 minutes in passive time like morning and day.

• Like 1