PSNP Discord moderators don't want to talk to me, what do I do?

Varhur

So, according to sources from either other server members or mods themselves, I got banned from the server, because my memes were considered stupid, like the ironic ones that implied that Obama isn't real (yeah...), I contacted the mods, wanted to know why I was banned (I was removed during the night) and later contacted the mods. They've made a Discord private group to discuss things, allthough the one moderator who was responsible said that he doesn't care and left the group. The other one said that he "must've had his reasons", then blocked me before I could say anything else. Third one hasn't said anything so far, but I don't have high hopes.

What do you guys suggest me I should do? I genuinely liked the server and the people on it and it kinda hurts that I was banned because a mod thought that my memes were stupid. It is true that I posted bad stuff sometimes, but this time I'm actually clueless about what was the last straw (he said something about saying that violence against children is ok, but I can't recognize what it could be, and even if I accidentaly posted something like that, I don't believe such things). I don't post memes, because I believe that what they say was true (like obviously the Obama meme), I just wanna share stuff I've found.

If I can get any help or a piece of advice, I'd be really glad, because I really enjoyed being in that place.

Also, if this belongs in different category, let me know.

Edited by Varhur
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Varhur said:

So, according to sources from either other server members or mods themselves, I got banned from the server, because my memes were considered stupid, like the ironic ones that implied that Obama isn't real (yeah...), I contacted the mods, wanted to know why I was banned (I was removed during the night) and later contacted the mods. They've made a Discord private group to discuss things, allthough the one moderator who was responsible said that he doesn't care and left the group. The other one said that he "must've had his reasons", then blocked me before I could say anything else. Third one hasn't said anything so far, but I don't have high hopes.

What do you guys suggest me I should do? I genuinely liked the server and the people on it and it kinda hurts that I was banned because a mod thought that my memes were stupid. It is true that I posted bad stuff sometimes, but this time I'm actually clueless about what was the last straw (he said something about saying that violence against children is ok, but I can't recognize what it could be, and even if I accidentaly posted something like that, I don't believe such things). I don't post memes, because I believe that what they say was true (like obviously the Obama meme), I just wanna share stuff I've found.

If I can get any help or a piece of advice, I'd be really glad, because I really enjoyed being in that place.

Good luck getting unbanned, but I found that specific game communities are much better for specific tasks and general community is better, than huge Discord servers aimed at general topics.

I had such a bad experience trying to farm Pure White World Tendency with people from here in Demon's Souls Remake, people would ask me to invade them and boost them first. Then after I boosted them, they would just ditch and ignore me. Happened twice in a row. I finally said "fuck it" and went to Demon's Souls Discord. Amazing people helping you with ton of stuff, from world tendencies to dropping twink gear for your fresh characters.

3 minutes ago, Shizo said:

Good luck getting unbanned, but I found that specific game communities are much better for specific tasks and general community is better, than huge Discord servers aimed at general topics.

I had such a bad experience trying to farm Pure White World Tendency with people from here in Demon's Souls Remake, people would ask me to invade them and boost them first. Then after I boosted them, they would just ditch and ignore me. Happened twice in a row. I finally said "fuck it" and went to Demon's Souls Discord. Amazing people helping you with ton of stuff, from world tendencies to dropping twink gear for your fresh characters.

I was in that server mostly because I liked people there and talking to them, I had no actual clue that what I posted was considered seriously or as my actual beliefs (posted ironic stuff, which would be weird without the whole irony surrounding it). I didn't really used it for boosting.

OP

You got banned > you questioned it > it didn't work > move on

Don't eat sweaty tits over something so minor, it's just a forum essentially isn't it.....

You must have been annoying to get banned over something that wasn't racist, homophobic, etc, mind.....

Edited by Only1Tommo1
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Let's clear the air a bit here:

1.) It's not a single meme that got you banned. Mods were tired of having to delete your NSFW or insensitive/inappropriate memes. You were muted or pmed for posting disgusting memes, yet you kept doing it.

2.) I'm still discussing it with you on discord and deciding if I'll lift the ban, but I don't play rogue. I decide and discuss it as a team. I'm also looking into the audit logs and such to see how often you were muted or how often memes of yours were deleted, but you need to be patient. There was no need to create a thread over it.

3.) I think B1rvine found your meme racially insensitive which is why it was removed. Reading it myself. I still don't get it... It's not funny and it makes zero sense to me.

The pauses are worrying me and the fact that two of the three mods have blocked me doesn't help. I can do my best to give more thought to what to not post if the ban will be lifted, I just wasn't aware that what I post is/can be offensive.

1 minute ago, dovah said:

My advice would be to control yourself and stop being such a f**king trouble maker. This is isn’t your first rodeo and if you don’t learn how to behave on social media it won’t be your last.

I remember you for whining drama over the #1 spot on the leaderboards not too long ago.

Try growing up first, THEN post.

I still disagree with your takes back then and I do not wish to talk about it, or to you

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Varhur said:

The pauses are worrying me and the fact that two of the three mods have blocked me doesn't help. I can do my best to give more thought to what to not post if the ban will be lifted, I just wasn't aware that what I post is/can be offensive.

I am working right now and year-end/month-end isn't exactly the best time to expect immediate answers from me. My job takes priority over discord or the forums. I get to it when I can.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wavergray said:

Memes belong in the memes channel. If you can't follow the rule of the meme channel after being told to then you get banned. Seems pretty standard for discord servers.
Also get better memes,   

They were in memes channel

3 minutes ago, ClausValca said:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.  Don't be a bigot.

I maybe don't get it, but how is that meme racist? It's on the same level, when people would use mod to replace "You died" in Dark Souls to "Thanks Obama". It even leaked into normie sphere and was pretty popular, to the point of people using that mod during AGDQ.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shizo said:

I maybe don't get it, but how is that meme racist? It's on the same level, when people would use mod to replace "You died" in Dark Souls to "Thanks Obama". It even leaked into normie sphere and was pretty popular, to the point of people using that mod during AGDQ.

That was the one meme he showed that as an example, and that was pretty SFW meme. I had only two screenshots where my cringe-o-meter basically blew beyond the scale after seeing the memes he was posting. Plenty of people had enough of his memes that were either totally inappropriate or disgusting to say the least. I got a "strike" or whatever, here on the forums for saying "you're beyond stupid" to a guy who was insulting people with different opinions about TLOU2. If he was posting memes here instead of the Discord, by this logic, he should have been banned a long time ago. 

if what @HaserPL posted is the kind of crap you usually post in the dicord, then how can you not say it was justified? those meme are homophobic in the extreme. im all for dark humor but theres a time a place. there's people that don't appriciate that kind of stuff. you need to learn to "read the room

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shizo said:

You must have missed all the stupid stuff he neglected to mention that led to him getting banned.