Return to Ostagar DLC

xZoneHunter

I've been following a walkthrough while playing this, and the next area i'm supposed to go to is starting the Return to Ostagar DLC.

However i cannot find the starting location, Bann Loren's Lands on the world map. Furthermore looking at the DLC i have installed on the main menu it does not list the Return to Ostagar DLC. I did however install it, twice now. I have the complete edition on disc, so i'm not sure why it's not showing up.

I know this is for an old game, but any advice would be appreciated.

I know your problem @xZoneHunter. Return to Ostragar DLC is not included correctly on the complete edition disc. I had to contact EA support a few years ago and they gave me this DLC for free. You can read more here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Origins/Dragon-Age-Ultimate-Ps3-problem-with-Dlc/m-p/1679809 Good luck with EA support.

Edited by biokam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xZoneHunter said:

Thanks for your help guys

@biokam Alright great, I will contact EA and see if I can still get the DLC.

It would be awesome, if you could share the outcome.

If you won and got it, what did you tell to get it. Thx

Cuz, that's an old game from PS3 and not to forget published by EA....

Edited by RedHotChiliFan1

2 hours ago, RedHotChiliFan1 said:

It would be awesome, if you could share the outcome.

If you won and got it, what did you tell to get it. Thx

Cuz, that's an old game from PS3 and not to forget published by EA....

I contacted EA support and they basically told me that they could not provide me with a code or link the DLC to my account since the service was discontinued. They did however tell me that newer copies of the ultimate edition come with a code inside the box which will activate the DLC for you. I couldn't find any in mine though so idk.

Edited by xZoneHunter

8 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

I contacted EA support and they basically told me that they could not provide me with a code or link the DLC to my account since the service was discontinued. They did however tell me that newer copies of the ultimate edition come with a code inside the box which will activate the DLC for you. I couldn't find any in mine though so idk.

Too bad, but not really a suprise.

I still don't understand why they put on Xbox everything on disc but not for PS.

Well, it was worth a try. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Hello, came across the same issue. No big deal though since I had it from years ago before I bought the ultimate edition.

I still contacted EA see if they could get a DLC code or whatnot, and they couldn't, I even proposed they gave me 5€ in any form that would allow me to purchase it by myself on the PSN, and they said they don't offer that option.

So if anybody comes across this issue or intends to buy the ultimate edition in Europe, well just don't, buy a US edition, or you will have to buy the DLC extra (that is until the imminent closure of the PSStore).

3 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

Hello, came across the same issue. No big deal though since I had it from years ago before I bought the ultimate edition.

I still contacted EA see if they could get a DLC code or whatnot, and they couldn't, I even proposed they gave me 5€ in any form that would allow me to purchase it by myself on the PSN, and they said they don't offer that option.

So if anybody comes across this issue or intends to buy the ultimate edition in Europe, well just don't, buy a US edition, or you will have to buy the DLC extra (that is until the imminent closure of the PSStore).

Sadly, the Return to Ostagar DLC cannot be purchased separately from the PlayStation store, I just checked. It may possibly be available on EU store, but I can confirm it is not in the U.S. Perhaps it unlocks after buying the other DLCs? I’m not certain. I’ll have to be on the lookout for a brand new copy of the Ultimate Edition to obtain 100% I suppose ?

Edit: Not sure if 100% is possible with used Ultimate Edition?

Edited by HoorayForTyler

12 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Sadly, the Return to Ostagar DLC cannot be purchased separately from the PlayStation store, I just checked. It may possibly be available on EU store, but I can confirm it is not in the U.S. Perhaps it unlocks after buying the other DLCs? I’m not certain. I’ll have to be on the lookout for a brand new copy of the Ultimate Edition to obtain 100% I suppose 1f612.png

If you buy the ultimate edition the DLC are on disk (well except for that missing one in the EU but I guess US is fine since nobody complained about it yet).

And from searching on the US store I can see the DLC, just search Dragon Age Origins then under the game you should find it.

Edited by GastNDorf
  • Like 1

Just now, GastNDorf said:

If you buy the ultimate edition the DLC are on disk (well except for that missing one in the EU but I guess US is fine since nobody complained about it yet).

Hm that’s weird how it’s different for both regions. Thank you for the info, going to grab me a copy soon.