xZoneHunter

Return to Ostagar DLC

15 posts in this topic

I've been following a walkthrough while playing this, and the next area i'm supposed to go to is starting the Return to Ostagar DLC.

 

However i cannot find the starting location, Bann Loren's Lands on the world map. Furthermore looking at the DLC i have installed on the main menu it does not list the Return to Ostagar DLC. I did however install it, twice now. I have the complete edition on disc, so i'm not sure why it's not showing up.

 

I know this is for an old game, but any advice would be appreciated.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have A King's Confidant quest or the Return to Ostagar quest in your journal?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your help guys

 

@biokam Alright great, I will contact EA and see if I can still get the DLC.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, xZoneHunter said:

Thanks for your help guys

 

@biokam Alright great, I will contact EA and see if I can still get the DLC.

It would be awesome, if you could share the outcome.

If you won and got it, what did you tell to get it. Thx

 

Cuz, that's an old game from PS3 and not to forget published by EA....

Edited by RedHotChiliFan1
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, RedHotChiliFan1 said:

It would be awesome, if you could share the outcome.

If you won and got it, what did you tell to get it. Thx

 

Cuz, that's an old game from PS3 and not to forget published by EA....

 

I contacted EA support and they basically told me that they could not provide me with a code or link the DLC to my account since the service was discontinued. They did however tell me that newer copies of the ultimate edition come with a code inside the box which will activate the DLC for you. I couldn't find any in mine though so idk.

Edited by xZoneHunter
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a used complete edition and had to buy one DLC, since it wasn't included on the disc. The actual code however was in the booklet.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

 

I contacted EA support and they basically told me that they could not provide me with a code or link the DLC to my account since the service was discontinued. They did however tell me that newer copies of the ultimate edition come with a code inside the box which will activate the DLC for you. I couldn't find any in mine though so idk.

Too bad, but not really a suprise.

I still don't understand why they put on Xbox everything on disc but not for PS.

Well, it was worth a try. Thanks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, came across the same issue. No big deal though since I had it from years ago before I bought the ultimate edition.

I still contacted EA see if they could get a DLC code or whatnot, and they couldn't, I even proposed they gave me 5€ in any form that would allow me to purchase it by myself on the PSN, and they said they don't offer that option.

 

So if anybody comes across this issue or intends to buy the ultimate edition in Europe, well just don't, buy a US edition, or you will have to buy the DLC extra (that is until the imminent closure of the PSStore).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

Hello, came across the same issue. No big deal though since I had it from years ago before I bought the ultimate edition.

I still contacted EA see if they could get a DLC code or whatnot, and they couldn't, I even proposed they gave me 5€ in any form that would allow me to purchase it by myself on the PSN, and they said they don't offer that option.

 

So if anybody comes across this issue or intends to buy the ultimate edition in Europe, well just don't, buy a US edition, or you will have to buy the DLC extra (that is until the imminent closure of the PSStore).


Sadly, the Return to Ostagar DLC cannot be purchased separately from the PlayStation store, I just checked. It may possibly be available on EU store, but I can confirm it is not in the U.S. Perhaps it unlocks after buying the other DLCs? I’m not certain. I’ll have to be on the lookout for a brand new copy of the Ultimate Edition to obtain 100% I suppose 😒

 

Edit: Not sure if 100% is possible with used Ultimate Edition?

Edited by HoorayForTyler
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:


Sadly, the Return to Ostagar DLC cannot be purchased separately from the PlayStation store, I just checked. It may possibly be available on EU store, but I can confirm it is not in the U.S. Perhaps it unlocks after buying the other DLCs? I’m not certain. I’ll have to be on the lookout for a brand new copy of the Ultimate Edition to obtain 100% I suppose 1f612.png

 

If you buy the ultimate edition the DLC are on disk (well except for that missing one in the EU but I guess US is fine since nobody complained about it yet).

And from searching on the US store I can see the DLC, just search Dragon Age Origins then under the game you should find it.

Edited by GastNDorf
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GastNDorf said:

 

If you buy the ultimate edition the DLC are on disk (well except for that missing one in the EU but I guess US is fine since nobody complained about it yet).


Hm that’s weird how it’s different for both regions. Thank you for the info, going to grab me a copy soon. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ultimate Edition in the US includes Return to Ostagar.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an EU copy that comes with code, however it says on the insert that it expired in 2012. I would love to check this myself but the servers are down so I can't even try the code.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.