Running out of time and I'm stuck!!

JoesusHCrust

I've been trying to clear 'the experiment' for months now. What's the trick? The thingies keep getting destroyed. Any tips? Any gear that helps? I could get better but I'm not very good at gaming and have tried dozens of times to get passed this fu....flipping level! I would like to complete the story levels before the servers close down although I'm not going to have time to get the platinum now sadly. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 1:34 AM, JoesusHCrust said:

I've been trying to clear 'the experiment' for months now. What's the trick? The thingies keep getting destroyed. Any tips? Any gear that helps? I could get better but I'm not very good at gaming and have tried dozens of times to get passed this fu....flipping level! I would like to complete the story levels before the servers close down although I'm not going to have time to get the platinum now sadly. 

I had hard time with Kleese, he was too slow to run to that shielded droid at the end of level.

Switched to Rath after suggestion from friend and cleared it first time.

Pick up shards around the level (they keep appearing), build all towers and upgrade your gear.

When you go to the phase with that spider droid that shoots from far appears rush him instantly. You have to attack him from close range before he destroys the thing.

Edited by Zbir_Vladimir
  • Like 2

I used Kleese for everything story-related. But The Experiment was the hardest level for me too. I used a shard generator and damage boosters as equipment (I couldn't kill the boss on time without damage boost).
Pick up as many shards as you can before the first defense phase to build as many turrets as possible to get min damage done to generators. Don't pay much attention to the second phase as it's comparatively easy and you need to defend that object only once so it can even be nearly destroyed by enemies. Before starting the last phase, try to build all turrets available and a personal drone, too. Small additional tip: build 2 energy rifts next to each generator you defend as they also shock and damage enemies. And yes, rush the last boss. Use all abilities to damage it and penetrate its shields. Energy rifts and a Black Hole would come in extremely handy. Also, if I remember correctly, to remove one of its shields, you need to explode Boom Bots next to it, and those can be detonated instantly by Kleese's mortars.
Good luck out there! ?

15 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I always used Orendi for that mission, because her Shadow pillars will decimate everything in their path if you spec her out correctly - including the bosses :).

That is a good idea or Oscar Mike. I had problems with the boss and his attack. With oscar mikes ultra you kill that boos quickly. Kleese did not work at all for me on that mission because he was good at defending but not at killing the boss

Pick Kleese, upgrade your energy rifts to the maximum and build as many thumper turrets as you can.

When the first boss spawns and the explosive green bots walk towards you, melee them into the bosses shield. That's the only way you can kill him fast enough and not loose your objective to his missiles.

This level is a definite difficulty spike, I was stuck there for a time myself. I ended up using ISIC I believe, not just for this but for pretty much everything after this. You could use a variety of characters, finding one that suits you is more important IMO.

• Like 2

Pick a Battleborn that has great damage potential to multiple enemies like Kleese (use his mortars turrets) or Isic (turret mode on Isic penetrates and hits multiple enemies as well his level ten upgrade give it missiles that deal splash damage.

Around the main area of the experiment (where the four pillars are) there is 4 points you can build turrets (choose thumper turrets as they cause a slowing effect besides fast damage) two of these are towards the front area by where you first approach the other two points are hidden on the back and left of the area on points kinda hidden. Ones up top on a wall you get up up on, the other is kinda almost behind a wall.

There's also a spot not far from the centre of the experiment where you can build a drone. My suggestion is to use that to build a Temporal Drone preferably (they shoot an area effect that deals damage and stuns/incredibly slows enemies in it). Or a repair drone which will heal you occasionally and also repair your turrets as they are damaged.

Btw my one hard recommendation if anyone has sttouble with this after first helping Boldur start the experiment you'll have a time it tells you activate a point far away use that time to instead search the map as much as possible for Shards and chests. Alot of larger chests specifically always carry helix orbs which grant you one free level so use them to your advantage to boost your characters level quicker. Shards should be used first to buy a shard earning gear if you have one equipped to generate even more shares before you hit the large multi wave battle. If not save them for turrets as turrets will help people more then buying gear will in most cases.

• Like 1

I did it! Honestly. I feel like crying! I have tried hundreds of times to clear this level and just been totally stuck! In the end, I used Oscar Mike (who I'm most comfortable with) with a shard generator, health generator and recoil reduction. I built every turret and drones.

I didn't read Lord Bane's response before completing the level but basically did what (s)he suggested so thanks for that excellent advice and thanks to everyone else for the tips!  

Because the game has a jokey theme to it, I expected it to be easy but honestly, this level was tough as hell! No idea how I'll clear it on advanced difficulty! 

Now I just wish the servers were up for a few more weeks as getting the plat by the 25th is going to be a stretch!! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

I did it! Honestly. I feel like crying! I have tried hundreds of times to clear this level and just been totally stuck! In the end, I used Oscar Mike (who I'm most comfortable with) with a shard generator, health generator and recoil reduction. I built every turret and drones.

I didn't read Lord Bane's response before completing the level but basically did what (s)he suggested so thanks for that excellent advice and thanks to everyone else for the tips!  

Because the game has a jokey theme to it, I expected it to be easy but honestly, this level was tough as hell! No idea how I'll clear it on advanced difficulty! 

Now I just wish the servers were up for a few more weeks as getting the plat by the 25th is going to be a stretch!! 

Awesome you got it done.

Btw I did this mission again tonite on Hardcore and Advanced using Kleese. I really recommend him or another hard hitter character with a stun.

All enemies in this mission including bosses are susceptible to stuns. This nerfs the Spider Tank fight quite considerably as if you pop Kleese's turret right on top of him to stun him this will also reset the charge on his missile barrage saving the generators from getting pelted. The end boss too is also susceptible to this stun and you can bait them towards the turrets on the front of the experiment area and stunlock them there to take massive damage from them.

Btw in a small correction there is actually three turrets on the front that can be built. And the other two are in the back. One is right at the on the wall, the other I was remembering behind wall is up a little behind that one but it's also important as sits right over two spawns points for enemies that head towards the back generators.

Ideally you want to save shards builds these two turrets immediately first, then use shards to buy your shard generator gear if you have one. Then use the rest of the shards to build the last three turrets on the front plus any flash traps inbetween to keep enemies busy/stunned.

• Like 1