Difficulty broken?

navidson78

Been playing these games for years now - not particularly good at them but average I would guess

Currently playing through career mode on easiest setting (50) and been struggling with times even on decent runs (i.e just completed the first stage of the New Zealand rally with no penalties, decent speeds etc - i'm 27 seconds behind the leader)

Eh?

Im not gonna say 'git gud' but i would seriously reconsider your 'average' statement, im basing that off the fact your playing on easy, however, rally games are designed to be more realistic with career stage times throughout the season, all you need to worry about is pushing as hard as you can, you will probably find the leader will dominate the whole rally, or a few entire rallies consecutively but then have a DNF at the next location so you can claw back at the points, its just how its coded, more realistic, to keep you pushing, so just keep driving on and see how you do, but 27 seconds behind the pacesitter in just a single stage of an easy rally tells me your just not as quick as you think you are, im sorry to say lol

If you want some advice, turn off ALL assists and go manual with clutch overide, use right stick as you shift up n down, n practice your 'scandanavian flicks' good luck

Beyond that, you just have to play and replay every stage enough to know them almost by heart, where pacenotes will be more of a guideline as you know what corner is coming anyway, you may also find youll be behind a lot depending on your tyre choice or starting position as the stage surface will change too, just keep playing though and see where you end up at the end of the season

Edited by Shmeefly

• 1 year later...
On 6.1.2021 at 2:31 PM, navidson78 said:

Been playing these games for years now - not particularly good at them but average I would guess

Currently playing through career mode on easiest setting (50) and been struggling with times even on decent runs (i.e just completed the first stage of the New Zealand rally with no penalties, decent speeds etc - i'm 27 seconds behind the leader)

Eh?

I'm struggling with this too. I chose the easiest setting but the driving is still way too difficult for me. I don't know if driving steering wheel handles but with the pad the car handles very bad. Even if I have tried to adjust the setting, nothing works. It's just sad how a good game series have managed to spoil the whole thing or is this series nowadays just for pro drivers only? 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

On 1/25/2022 at 5:07 PM, antero-80 said:

I'm struggling with this too. I chose the easiest setting but the driving is still way too difficult for me. I don't know if driving steering wheel handles but with the pad the car handles very bad. Even if I have tried to adjust the setting, nothing works. It's just sad how a good game series have managed to spoil the whole thing or is this series nowadays just for pro drivers only? 

I had no issue since all the way back to like, WRC4. but I don't know why, in WRC 9, the Germany Rally ALWAYS gives me really hard times... Every other Rallies are totally fine and smooth EXCEPT GERMANY. Cars easily got bumped and jumped and spined OR hit some RANDOM TINY objects that somehow have tiny hitboxes and... you guessed, spined like HELL. SO pissed about this Rally...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Old game and old thread so I don't know if this has been patched, or fixed, or what, but the difficulty still seems off now. I can drive at 100 and win stages by 30 seconds at least in career mode, but then in historic races or anything on Germany I'm nowhere near the top times. I'm still figuring out what the best setting is for me but it's definitely off, somehow.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I started playing recently after WRC 8 and I have to agree as well the difficulty in Germany is quite absurd even on the easiest settings in relation to the other stages, it's frankly quite bizarre as this didn't happen in the previous game.

Some historic stages seem also skewed in difficulty, admittedly I'm rather bad using some cars, but there are few stages where you will struggle if you don't focus 100% even on the easiest difficulty. 

• 5 months later...

In this game, nearly everything is broken, not just the difficulty. It‘s perhaps the worst racing game I ever played. Controls at least with the pad are below zero, using the brakes feels most of the time like you do it on ice. This can‘t be solved by changing the settings, it‘s just how it is, just an incredibly bad racing game.