Gold coin?

LRL-Terrorzwerg

8 minutes ago, LRL-Terrorzwerg said:

Hey guys. 

Can someone explain me how to optain this Gold goin? 

I Grind the officers for hour. 

I have the Ring, sword of search and withe World tendency, but I cant get it. 

Dang, that sucks. It dropped on one of the first 3 I fought. I was at luck drops 90ish and only had the providential ring.

Take off the ring and Sword of Searching.

If the drop of the coin is affected by Tendency, then Black is preferred over White.

I farmed mine in 1-3, using the Fat Official that guards Yuria. Took me less than 10 tries, with no extra item discovery and a base Luck stat of 7.

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

Take off the ring and Sword of Searching.

If the drop of the coin is affected by Tendency, then Black is preferred over White.

I farmed mine in 1-3, using the Fat Official that guards Yuria. Took me less than 10 tries, with no extra item discovery and a base Luck stat of 7.

OK thanks. I give it A try. 

And Black World tendency or black character tendency? Or both of them? 

14 minutes ago, LRL-Terrorzwerg said:

And Black World tendency or black character tendency? Or both of them?

World Tendency affects drop rates and item rarities in that specific archstone. I'm assuming the drop rate of the coins is affected by Black WT, but try that as a last resort.

For now, just try killing the Fat Official without any additional item discovery equipment and see how that works for you.

As @Helyx said, not sure about PB making it better though, its one of those things we can never be sure on, and here it may have changed anyway, they have improved drop rates for one thing!

Low luck is defo what you want, thing is, if PB does the same as what luck does sorta, it will be the same thing, not help much!! 

PB definitely improves lizards drops rate though maybe, in old Official Guide, PB doubles lizards drop rates, but then their loot is different to mobs

Ive been through the platinum about 6 times now, and honestly, at PW, I always get Gold Coin within 10 kills, same as Pure Bladestone from skeleton above 4-2 archstone

2nd archstone in stonefang tunnel, when you start move forward to the intersection and take a left past the exploding mine carts, the fat official is in the next room past the tunnel on the right hand side as you enter, kill him repeatedly he has highest drop chance.

but in PWWT your drops will be much harder to find.

7 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

but in PWWT your drops will be much harder to find.

Im not sure this is proven m8

Sure, seemed that way in the original (again though never properly proven), and it defo double lizard drop rates

Here they have changes drop rates a bit, not sure if they changed WT affects as well for it

What I noticed and what the Official Guides state is that Luck affects the chance if a item dropping in the first place, after that they seem to make common items drop more, and rare items drop less, its just how drops work in Souls

PB may make the drop rates better, byt it may be that it makes the COMMON drops better and the RARE drops more rare......... 

Its so hard to be sure, although every1 will say PB is better, I personally am nit comfortable saying THIS or THIS is better unless im not 100% sure. 

All I can say really from my own experience across 6 or so platinums for this game (testing for a guide), is that ive always had the Pure Bladestone and Gold Coin drop before 10 kills!!! 

Is the above coincidence, perhaps, but I read so many spending hours farming for these, likely on PB, then there is me who gets them always within 5 mins on PW!! 

Just food for thought I guess and I always farm the skele above the 4-2 archstone, he drops it and is quicker

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Im not sure this is proven m8

Sure, seemed that way in the original (again though never properly proven), and it defo double lizard drop rates

Here they have changes drop rates a bit, not sure if they changed WT affects as well for it

What I noticed and what the Official Guides state is that Luck affects the chance if a item dropping in the first place, after that they seem to make common items drop more, and rare items drop less, its just how drops work in Souls

PB may make the drop rates better, byt it may be that it makes the COMMON drops better and the RARE drops more rare......... 

Its so hard to be sure, although every1 will say PB is better, I personally am nit comfortable saying THIS or THIS is better unless im not 100% sure. 

All I can say really from my own experience across 6 or so platinums for this game (testing for a guide), is that ive always had the Pure Bladestone and Gold Coin drop before 10 kills!!! 

Is the above coincidence, perhaps, but I read so many spending hours farming for these, likely on PB, then there is me who gets them always within 5 mins on PW!! 

Just food for thought I guess and I always farm the skele above the 4-2 archstone, he drops it and is quicker

Hmmm I give All your Tips A try. But another 4 hour and no cold coin.

White, neutrel or Black, items or no items. 

Thats so A crap item.....

17 hours ago, Helyx said:

I need to be A human or A ghost? Change it the drop rate? 

Edited by LRL-Terrorzwerg

6 minutes ago, LRL-Terrorzwerg said:

Hmmm I give All your Tips A try. But another 4 hour and no cold coin.

White, neutrel or Black, items or no items. 

Thats so A crap item.....

I need to be A human or A ghost? Change it the drop rate? 

Form doesn't really matter, though myself and im sure most others, have always got it in Soul Form

Forget drop rate in this, it works against rare drops in Souls games. Just go PW or PB, whichever you think may help you better, and go for it.

Are you on latest patch btw??? I have a feeling they increased the drop rate in a patch... (I watched a bit of a trophy speedrun recently as I'm doing the same myself, and he spent about 30 mins trying to farm the Gold Coin in PB on patch 1.00! Then there is me on recent patch in PW who has got about 6 Gold Coins within 30 kills xD)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Form doesn't really matter, though myself and im sure most others, have always got it in Soul Form

Forget drop rate in this, it works against rare drops in Souls games. Just go PW or PB, whichever you think may help you better, and go for it.

Are you on latest patch btw??? I have a feeling they increased the drop rate in a patch... (I watched a bit of a trophy speedrun recently as I'm doing the same myself, and he spent about 30 mins trying to farm the Gold Coin in PB on patch 1.00! Then there is me on recent patch in PW who has got about 6 Gold Coins within 30 kills xD)

What how? :o

Ya I play with the latest Patch with Black tendency. But the coin dosent drop for me. 

1 hour ago, LRL-Terrorzwerg said:

Ya I play with the latest Patch with Black tendency. But the coin dosent drop for me.

Which Fat Official are you using? If the one in 1-3 isn't working, try the using the one in 2-2 as suggested above.

I spent 3 hours trying to get Pure Bladestone, even though lots of people claim to have gotten one within 10 minutes. Could just be bad luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

Which Fat Official are you using? If the one in 1-3 isn't working, try the using the one in 2-2 as suggested above.

I spent 3 hours trying to get Pure Bladestone, even though lots of people claim to have gotten one within 10 minutes. Could just be bad luck.

I just spent an hour on PW while recording footage of my Platinum Speedrun, of course was gonna happen xD, think im just gonna fastfwd that but at 3000%

At least the Gold Coin popped early enough. 

Its crazy how for some it takes minutes, others it takes hours, I really h8 souls rare drop rates

2 hours ago, Helyx said:

I got it now. Dropped from A friend. 

I killed bouth of them more than 100 Times. 

Edited by DaivRules

On 7/1/2021 at 3:17 PM, Helyx said:

yep, I got the pure bladestone from the dual katana skleleton before the fog gate. I wasn't event trying to farm it, just playing normally. Same with the golden coin.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/6/2021 at 7:06 PM, Optinooby said:

As @Helyx said, not sure about PB making it better though, its one of those things we can never be sure on, and here it may have changed anyway, they have improved drop rates for one thing!

Low luck is defo what you want, thing is, if PB does the same as what luck does sorta, it will be the same thing, not help much!! 

PB definitely improves lizards drops rate though maybe, in old Official Guide, PB doubles lizards drop rates, but then their loot is different to mobs

Ive been through the platinum about 6 times now, and honestly, at PW, I always get Gold Coin within 10 kills, same as Pure Bladestone from skeleton above 4-2 archstone

We can actually.  It's pretty well documented that rarer drops are more common in PBWT.  Gold coin is a rare drop, so yes.

I've had three drop so far.  All in pure black.  Different days different sessions.  All within an hour.

I farmed for a few hours at neutral and it didn't drop after like 4 hours.  Again, yes, I know we can't always know with RNG.  But given what we do know about how PBWT affects rare drops, this lines up exactly with what we know.

I think it's a guaranteed drop because I completed the game many times, starting from scratch and I always had at least one gold coin by the time I reached the end.

I didn't need to farm it. You also need to complete the game on NG+ for the plat, so there's more opportunities for it to drop.

Edited by Domino_Destructo

6 hours ago, Domino_Destructo said:

I think it's a guaranteed drop because I completed the game many times, starting from scratch and I always had at least one gold coin by the time I reached the end.

I didn't need to farm it. You also need to complete the game on NG+ for the plat, so there's more opportunities for it to drop.

Gold Coin is not a guaranteed drop, RNG was favorable in your runs but some people report long grind to get it to drop, includind myself (took about an hour to get it in 2-2 with Providential Ring).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, l33sar54 said:

Gold Coin is not a guaranteed drop, RNG was favorable in your runs but some people report long grind to get it to drop, includind myself (took about an hour to get it in 2-2 with Providential Ring).

Did you kill every fat official in the game before attempting the grind?

Edited by Domino_Destructo

10 minutes ago, Domino_Destructo said:

Did you kill every fat official in the game before attempting the grind?

I didn't, used the guide on this site which suggested to get the Gold Coin at the first opportunity which was 2-2. If it's a guaranteed drop from one of the Fat Officials you kill later in 1-3, I didn't get it on NG or NG+ (NG+ without the Gold Coin since I traded it with Sparkly) unless the game doesn't give you a second one after you managed to get the first.