Thoughts on the game & trophies

Isle-of-Miku

Judging by the trailer below. I would put this in a similar vein of game as Nier Automata. More a RPG Lite game. Seems Run and Gun /Hack and Slash is the main focus for majority of combat. There also seems to be a Rhythm game as well built in.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

Yay. The list is finally here... The trophy guide says time to plat is 15 hours though... so currently unsure if buying in Day 1/Full Price is worth it *cough* Super Neptunia RPG *cough*.

1 hour ago, ToaElnida said:

I really hope this game isn't another Hyperdimension Neptunia PP, because that one bored the hell out of me and I can't manage to keep playing it.

At least it doesn't look very grindy (with the exception of the level ones).

Nah... The trailer and gameplay for the game is already out for a long time now and it leaning more on like the MegaTagmension. Lots of Grind Trophies though, hopefully it is not as repetitive as the other NepNep Games.

On 6/1/2021 at 8:45 PM, JaM said:

Yay. The list is finally here... The trophy guide says time to plat is 15 hours though... so currently unsure if buying in Day 1/Full Price is worth it *cough* Super Neptunia RPG *cough*.

What do you mean? These games are NEVER worth $60. In 6-9 months it goes down by 75%, may be worth it then.

It only being 15 hours is a good thing,  though. Neptunia VIIR was like 50 hours and it gets so boring past like 20 hours...

On 1/6/2021 at 6:45 PM, JaM said:

There may be some variance to that time depending on whether one reads the story or not. I got 15 hours from a blind JP run while skipping the story through, though I did also get stuck a fair bit at times and had I known what I was doing (say, if I played it in English first), it's possible I could've read the story and still achieved that time. That said, I can't see it taking more than 20 hours or so unless you play games slowly.

On 1/8/2021 at 4:11 AM, Tosmasta00 said:

If the trophy guide says 15h then i don't think the game will be too grindy. Or i could be wrong and that facility thingy is really grindy.

There's nothing in the game that classifies as much of a grind at all. At most, the Video Butler trophy can get grindy if you don't pay attention to it as you go, but most things in the game that could technically count as a grind will be over in 30-45 minutes at most assuming you don't just get them naturally. From my experience, the only things that I had to go out of my way to grind for were the BeatNik minigame (as it's completely separate from the campaign) for 9 songs to reach max rank, Vtuber cubes (which you have to grind at the start of Chapter 7 as you need 25 unique ones just to progress) for maybe 10 minutes to get 30 of them, and getting enough level-up items by beating a boss over and over to reach Level 99, none of which took much time.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It's pretty middle of the road when compared to the other Neptunias.
It's nowhere nears as good as Victory, Sega Hard Girls or Super Neptunia RPG
But it's far better than Producing Perfection, Goddess Black Heart or the PS3 Original.

It's probably the 2nd best of the hack-n-slash Neptunia titles (Mainly because you can use the Goddesses and turn it into a shooter. haha).
I like 4 Goddesses Online a lot more but this is better than Action Unleashed and MegaTagmension