We need to stop giving 2K Sports our money.

SonicMTD

6 minutes ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

I'm surprised you didn't mention the Ultimate Collector trophy. That trophy is basically a giant middle finger from 2K.

I didn’t play enough of MyTeam to walk away with more than a base understanding. I was quite disgusted with my experience and focused a lot of my time and effort on the MyCareer mode.

My level in MyTeam was undrafted. So it shows how much I cared about that game mode and how little 2K explained it to me.

3 minutes ago, SonicMTD said:

I didn’t play enough of MyTeam to walk away with more than a base understanding. I was quite disgusted with my experience and focused a lot of my time and effort on the MyCareer mode.

My level in MyTeam was undrafted. So it shows how much I cared about that game mode and how little 2K explained it to me.

You dodged a massive bullet. To get the Ultimate Collector trophy, you need to collect 2,900 cards in MyTeam. This trophy exists for no other reason than to get people to either grind for who knows how long or to buy lots of card packs.

Seriously, massive respect to anyone who manages to get that trophy without going insane and/or bankrupt.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

You dodged a massive bullet. To get the Ultimate Collector trophy, you need to collect 2,900 cards in MyTeam. This trophy exists for no other reason than to get people to either grind for who knows how long or to buy lots of card packs.

Seriously, massive respect to anyone who manages to get that trophy without going insane and/or bankrupt.

Further proof that this industry needs government intervention. It’s quite clear they can’t self regulate. Way too much rampant corruption to be trusted.

Usually when I see people post videos on the PSNP forum i can only roll my eyes and think "here we go again"

But this was a great video, very well organized and concise. Like others above me have said, it sucks that the people who need to see this video the most, have already sipped wayy to much of 2k's kool aid to even realize the mistake they're making. 

And if youre wondering what 2k puts in the kool aid, its the sweat from their overworked staff, and the tears of children that just realized they blew all their christmas money on VC ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WatertownsFinest said:

Usually when I see people post videos on the PSNP forum i can only roll my eyes and think "here we go again"

But this was a great video, very well organized and concise. Like others above me have said, it sucks that the people who need to see this video the most, have already sipped wayy to much of 2k's kool aid to even realize the mistake they're making. 

And if youre wondering what 2k puts in the kool aid, its the sweat from their overworked staff, and the tears of children that just realized they blew all their christmas money on VC 1f602.png

I’m not going to lie to you. I primarily joined PSNP to promo the videos I make. Somewhere down the line I realized the community was actually that; a community.

I don’t wanna rock the boat but at the same time my intentions are usually geared towards self promotion. I hope you guys don’t think any less of me. >_<

(Back on topic) 2K games has always been an oddity in my eyes. They are responsible for one of my favorite PS3 games (The Darkness) but they now focus on these yearly multiplayer games as their primary focus. EA does this as well but I think the major reason why they’re planning on avoiding new single player experiences are because of the huge ROI for these games. They’re going to focus on this until the well runs dry. They need to be hit hard otherwise we won’t see any positive innovation or change.

• Like 1

@SonicMTD 

I also purchased my last NBA2K title with there NBA2K19 version. When the servers for 2K19 went down and I couldn't continue MyCareer. 

Whose idea was it to my make that mode online only is beyond me. Imagine if Sony San Diego Studios - the developer's of MLB The Show - made there Road to the Show mode online only? 

I hope Sony never goes down that road.

It was upsetting because I didn't get to finish one season ? I should be able play that mode whenever I want and not worry about online servers for what is mostly a Single player affair. They should let users continue that mode no matter what. 

They should have the bank to continue these servers for years, just as Activision does with Call of Duty. I can still play a game of C.o.D Black Ops right now if I wanted to.

Activision sells no currency - just maps -  for that game and they can keep it afloat. 

I'm not a big fan of Activision titles, but I give them kudos for keeping servers up for older titles all these years.

Anyway, I'm done with NBA2K, no matter what my friends tell me.

• Like 1

@the_real_culture I made a video talking about the problems with cloud gaming and how we no longer own our games. It seems 2K has found another way to remove ownership by tying their game to server support.

This is one of the reasons why I tend to avoid titles with a massive multiplayer focus. If they ever decide to do this with single player titles I’m going to lose my s**t.

Edited by SonicMTD
Added a word I didn’t need to.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, talespagni said:

I absolutely love basketball. I played the sport for many years, only stopped because I had to move to another town to start college.

I follow the NBA religiously since 1991. I take pride in knowing a lot about the history of the game & its personalities, and have dozens of books about it.

I have played NBA games since the "Lakers vs Celtics" on the PC. Played literally thousands of hours on all the old "NBA Live" games.

When I bought my PS3, back in 2011, I got 2K12 (still the only unobtainable platinum in my profile), and then 2K13 and 2K14 later on.

During this time, I slowly started realizing that these games weren't made for me. Though technically impeccable, the progression in the career mode was slow to a crawl.

Then I took notice of this thing called "microtransaction".

Never more played a basketball game in my profile.

I simply cannot comply with such a business related decision.

my god NBA live... that takes me back... I will permanently have Rahzel & The NBA Live Orchestra - Shak’n The Floor stuck in my head.

Well that and Pete Roc and CL Smooth - They Reminisce Over You which was from NBA Street Vol. 2.

I don’t want to walk away from basketball games but I really have no choice.