Restore File System, how long does it take?

MarkoFPS

Ehm.. that doesn't sound good... at all. I have never had that, it usually takes me a few minutes, at max. You mean the restore file system you need to do when you quit a game the wrong way and it reboots and upon rebooting it begins restoring, right? Or do you mean the one you start from the safe menu options? Both shouldn't take any longer than 5 minutes, what PS3 system do you have?

Ehm.. that doesn't sound good... at all. I have never had that, it usually takes me a few minutes, at max. You mean the restore file system you need to do when you quit a game the wrong way and it reboots and upon rebooting it begins restoring, right? Or do you mean the one you start from the safe menu options? Both shouldn't take any longer than 5 minutes, what PS3 system do you have?

Is bad? For me the longest restore file system was hour and half past year in august when the lights went off when I was playing inFamous 2, but everything went alright. The PS3 still has heart functioning correctly (processor running good for the informatic guys like me)

But maybe you're right it can depend on the system the user has.

Edited by BrunoBomb

I had that problem few days ago but I was able to hit circle and skip it. It was caused by blackout while updating Dust 514. The one when you start PS3 and you need to restore file system, tried from safe menu but it just says "Please Wait... Loading"

Super Slim

Is bad? For me the longest restore file system was hour and half past year in august when the lights went off when I was playing inFamous 2, but everything went alright. The PS3 still has heart functioning correctly (processor running good for the informatic guys like me)

But maybe you're right it can depend on the system the user has.

I had that problem few days ago but I was able to hit circle and skip it. It was caused by blackout while updating Dust 514. The one when you start PS3 and you need to restore file system, tried from safe menu but it just says "Please Wait... Loading"

Super Slim

Well... I don't know... When I'm impatient and quit a game not right and it reboots to restore file system it always says it will take about 2-3 hours but it never does. It's kinda hard to say it's bad but can't say if it's good either. But if it gets stuck on loading it can't be good.

I'll have to leave this for the experts, there should be others around here who are more capable of helping you.

Have you tried making a phone call to Sony yet? 

Well... I don't know... When I'm impatient and quit a game not right and it reboots to restore file system it always says it will take about 2-3 hours but it never does. It's kinda hard to say it's bad but can't say if it's good either. But if it gets stuck on loading it can't be good.

I'll have to leave this for the experts, there should be others around here who are more capable of helping you.

Have you tried making a phone call to Sony yet? 

nope

Great, had to start from 0% again, cause dad just shutted it off cause it was just running.

Tell your Dad to never touch your PS3 again. Sorry to put it this way but sometimes the older generation doesn't realize the impact it can have on our PS3's when they get turned off in the middle of an important process. They shouldn't touch it when they don't know how it works.

You don't see us turning off the TV while our Dads are watching an important soccer game. Or messing with Dad's car for no reason.

nope

There should be a Finnish phone number. If not, they're jerks, because Finland is AWESOME!

I don't think you should call to the UK Sony number, it can cost you a lot of money and Dad won't be happy.

• Like 1

Tell your Dad to never touch your PS3 again. Sorry to put it this way but sometimes the older generation doesn't realize the impact it can have on our PS3's when they get turned off in the middle of an important process. They shouldn't touch it when they don't know how it works.

You don't see us turning off the TV while our Dads are watching an important soccer game. Or messing with Dad's car for no reason.

There should be a Finnish phone number. If not, they're jerks, because Finland is AWESOME!

I don't think you should call to the UK Sony number, it can cost you a lot of money and Dad won't be happy.

Haha, funny thing about that, Finland is my neighbour country, I choosed Finland cause there wasn't Estonia in country selection. Maybe I will contact Sony through their website.

it never taken me this long to restore system files, my connection lately is going supper low and crazy, and so sometimes when i browse the web using my ps3 the slow connection'll cause my ps3 to freeze when open a multiple windows and keep them all loading at the background while working on another website and when it froze and i reboot my ps3 it may ask for sending a report to sony to notice the issue and then goes to the restore system files screen..... it takes only a few minutes! or 1 hour if it takes long.

• 4 years later...

Last time I had to do this it took 1 hour.  After an hour it still wasn't done, gave it another 30 minutes and then hit :circle:.  Rebooted and it was back to normal.

That is what happened to me.  Had someone else on this site that had the same thing, he hit :circle: after 2 hours and then rebooted.  Happy ending.