Still 250 hours to platinum in 2021 ?

Amalrik69

Hi guys,

I’m interested in starting this game this month on PS5, and I’m wondering if it still requires 250 hours for platinum.
With all the patches which have been released so far, maybe there are some major choices to pick to make the platinum faster.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

• 1 month later...

If you start from scratch and playing solo, has i did, forget the 250H. Right now i'm over 2000H.

The plat is more doable compare to the previous league. They removed the Hall of Grandmaster has requirement to complete all atlas maps. There's still some expensive maps like Perandus Manor( thx playstation economy) to get but, it's just a question of time.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Time depends here mostly on your knowledge of the game. So if you are going to do a blind playthrough it will take awhile. If you decide to read some guides and follow a build, it can take much less.
There is different kinds of trophies:

Time consuming: clear all red maps, read all lore.

Hard trophies: "Kill Atziri in the Alluring Abyss" will require good build and knowledge of the fight.

Luck based: Make six link and find Abaxoth.

The rest should be easy.

So i would say for experienced player it is less than 100 hours (judging by streamers who beat the final bosses in one-two days or so).

For first timer can be 1000 - 2000h.

Not sure about Locomancer trophy, there is a new waypoint after Sirus fight, if it is required, it makes plat harder than before, but still i am sure you would want to kill him anyway.

Edited by Hartgroove
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

what do u intend for "experienced"? this is a game that most benefits from your gear/build, not from skill, because you are not going to sniping or making the perfect apex. i played D3 on pc for maybe 2-3 years, but unfortunately when it was a "pay to win" game (auction house). when auction house was closed and game became more interesting, i already stopped playing it. but in such kind of game its all about grinding/farming, in order to obtain the best gear possible. now, path of exile is a game i always wanted to play, now i can even do it with trophies, however i still dont know how much it will take. some says 100h, some 250h, while others says THOUSANDS! theres a huge difference. i dont understand also what means "starting from scratch". everyone must start from scratch as there is no cross-save/cross-play from other platforms. and, most imporant thing: is it possible to "leech power" from other players?? example: let say there is a mega boss that requires best gear worth 10k hours grinding. ok! but what if i randomly find an experienced group that will kill the boss while my task will be only to stay as far as possible caring only of heal myself and survive? i did FFXV comrades dlc's in that way, otherwise i think it would take maybe 200h of grinding... so, whats the difference between an experienced player that will get plat in 100h and the beginner that will get in 3000h???

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

this is a game that most benefits from your gear/build, not from skill,

This is the game that benefits the most from your knowledge. What build to use, what items you realistically can obtain, etc.

Took me 296 hours. Played a lot with my friend (410 hours). Our first characters just wasn't good enough (and a bit ambitious), but provided a good foundation for the rest of the game.  Don't think that it would be possible to get the platinum for either of us alone, but we shared funds(which helped with rare maps tremendously) and covered each other weaknesses. For example, his build just couldn't handle a Hall of Grandmasters, but mine worked like a charm.

1 hour ago, XpanderFX said:

is it possible to "leech power" from other players??

Yes, but the enemies get stronger exponentially. They start to hit like a truck, which worked for me, cause I was really hard to kill and my friend had like 5 times my DPS, so it worked out in the end.

1 hour ago, Akrioz said:

This is the game that benefits the most from your knowledge. What build to use, what items you realistically can obtain, etc.

Took me 296 hours. Played a lot with my friend (410 hours). Our first characters just wasn't good enough (and a bit ambitious), but provided a good foundation for the rest of the game.  Don't think that it would be possible to get the platinum for either of us alone, but we shared funds(which helped with rare maps tremendously) and covered each other weaknesses. For example, his build just couldn't handle a Hall of Grandmasters, but mine worked like a charm.

Yes, but the enemies get stronger exponentially. They start to hit like a truck, which worked for me, cause I was really hard to kill and my friend had like 5 times my DPS, so it worked out in the end.

ok so, read an UPDATED guide with best builds/gears available at the moment is enough to be experienced? i think farming will be important too, as it doesnt matter which will the gear i want and which skill i m gonna unlock. i still have to grind a lot in order to obtain it. at least D3 works in this way.

and what about finding people? is it populated like D3 or is a miracle that i find someone OP? or maybe the matchmaking is based on similar skill? 

anyway i  still dont understand how much it can take 3000hours? playing always solo and using only stuff found by myself?

Platinum is nowhere near 3000 hours, thats an extreme exaggeration.  If you play a meta build following a guide the plat can be done in 200, even less if you group for the fringe stuff like uber atziri or get really lucky with spawns for abaxath.   If you try to do it in ssf without the market place its practically impossible, the RNG to get all map drops will never happen. 

If you like ARPGs like Diablo the game is a ton of fun. Research a character/build that interests you that is capable of doing end game content and jump in near the start of a league. Dont bother playing on standard. Good luck! It's an awesome plat to add to the trophy case at 0.55% completion. 

Also of note - while the game is free to play there are microtransactions for imrpoved storage (stash tabs), and the game is practically unplayable without at least the map and currency tab, although almost all of them are beneficial. They go on sale about every 3-4 weeks so dont pay full price, you don't really need them until you complete the story anyways. 

Edited by JunkSkelington
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, JunkSkelington said:

Platinum is nowhere near 3000 hours, thats an extreme exaggeration.  If you play a meta build following a guide the plat can be done in 200, even less if you group for the fringe stuff like uber atziri or get really lucky with spawns for abaxath.   If you try to do it in ssf without the market place its practically impossible, the RNG to get all map drops will never happen. 

If you like ARPGs like Diablo the game is a ton of fun. Research a character/build that interests you that is capable of doing end game content and jump in near the start of a league. Dont bother playing on standard. Good luck! It's an awesome plat to add to the trophy case at 0.55% completion. 

Also of note - while the game is free to play there are microtransactions for imrpoved storage (stash tabs), and the game is practically unplayable without at least the map and currency tab, although almost all of them are beneficial. They go on sale about every 3-4 weeks so dont pay full price, you don't really need them until you complete the story anyways. 

ok then, ill 100% play it! maybe in 1-2 years from now :-)

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 10:47 PM, JunkSkelington said:

I'm playing it right now solo with no previous experience and will echo that 3000 hours is no exaggeration if you have no idea how this game works.  If your new you'll come to the hard realization that following a build guide is an absolute must.  Doing whatever you like with the passive tree and gear can get you through 10 acts but in the endgame YOU WILL GET DESTROYED.  What seems like lots of choices is really a clever trick IMO.  The game is really fun when things are going in your favor but is too often a convoluted mess.   

• 11 months later...
On 23/05/2021 at 10:13 PM, ShadoonX said:

I'm playing it right now solo with no previous experience and will echo that 3000 hours is no exaggeration if you have no idea how this game works.  If your new you'll come to the hard realization that following a build guide is an absolute must.  Doing whatever you like with the passive tree and gear can get you through 10 acts but in the endgame YOU WILL GET DESTROYED.  What seems like lots of choices is really a clever trick IMO.  The game is really fun when things are going in your favor but is too often a convoluted mess.   

Think they don't see what i'have wrote. I said I started from scratch and played solo. That's mean i learned only from the game and beat all the 10 act. When it come to clear all the missing trophies when reaching the end-game the hard part begun.

You realize that's your skill tree, your build are shit. At this point i'm started to get more intel ( Thx the wiki for that). I havec read a  lot guide for different build. After you choose the build you want to play, you will need currency to be able to get all piece ot he build or item to craft them if they are.

So all of this take time. Then there are some time consuming trophy. Put all of this together you have your +2000 hours

• 7 months later...

I start from Scratch on New Forbidden Sanctum league. Completed atlas in 8 days as Its easier since they removed some maps. Also New endgame bosses was a carry cuz my build wasnt for this but people do that all the time, you pay 30 chãos they carry you. If you go for shaper, Uber Elder and Astrizsomething, this would take another week probably, but still, you can "buy a carry". So its not that complicated.

Edited by GardenOfSouls

• 6 months later...