Mass Effect Online Pass for ME Trilogy PS3

pamperonecaino

Hi, I bought the boxed version of the ME Trilogy some years ago, but never got around it until now, I saw that only the 3rd game has some online trophies and require an online pass, I’ve gone on the PS Store and downloaded it being free, but the game still asks me to buy one, it’s a glitch or there’s something I’ve been missing? Thank you 

Edited by pamperonecaino

5 minutes ago, pamperonecaino said:

Where I can see which region is the game I have? Problably it’s from another region the boxed version I have but how I confirm it?

Edit: I checked on the box and the code is this: BLUS41000F

The game's region is America, so you'll need to download the Online Pass from a US account. What region is your account?

6 minutes ago, pamperonecaino said:

Oh I see, I’m from Europe so maybe I was downloading the wrong online pass, I’ll try to create a US account and download from there the Online Pass, thanks you for answering !

Not sure if you're going for the 100% or just the platinum, but you'll have the same issue with the DLC. You'll have to buy them from the same region.

2 minutes ago, pamperonecaino said:

Yeah that would have been my next question I think lol, thanks for the advice anyway, don’t know if I’ll buy them or not, but in any case it’s good to know!

By all accounts the whole trilogy (remastered to a point) with all DLC should arrive on PS4/PS5 this spring - perhaps you'd be interested in waiting it out a little more and playing ME 1 through 3 with all DLC.

I got the trilogy today "the digital version", and of course and starting with the first one. However, from what I have seen only the third installment has online trophies, and online pass is required. Doesn't the trilogy include the online pass?.

I'm from latin america, but our region for games should be US.

Edited by BlackSnake1435

5 hours ago, BlackSnake1435 said:

I got the trilogy today "the digital version", and of course and starting with the first one. However, from what I have seen only the third installment has online trophies, and online pass is required. Doesn't the trilogy include the online pass?.

I'm from latin america, but our region for games should be US.

All digital games with online trophies have the online pass hardcoded into them as standard so there's nothing separate to download, just load the game and you're good to go but the retail versions have the pass as a separate code that must be redeemed.

25 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Is the online the only way to get 100% Galactic Readiness now or are the other ways still available?

There is a web game on the official website you can play which really helps with this trophy and having all of the DLCs installed helps as well but you still have to log into the MP servers for the trophy to pop, thus the online pass is still needed :(.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 0:19 AM, HuntingFever said:

Online Passes are both region and account locked so unfortunately your only option is to buy another copy of the game, only this time ensure it's from your country :(.

so lets say I am using a PSN Japan account to play it, but purchased the game using a R3 region. Which online pass region I need to get? The japan region or R3 region?

36 minutes ago, joremzi said:

so lets say I am using a PSN Japan account to play it, but purchased the game using a R3 region. Which online pass region I need to get? The japan region or R3 region?

In your case you need a Region 3 Pass from the country you bought the game from but due to the pass being account locked, you will also need a PSN account in the same country you got the pass and game from, before you can redeem it.

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

In your case you need a Region 3 Pass from the country you bought the game from but due to the pass being account locked, you will also need a PSN account in the same country you got the pass and game from, before you can redeem it.

so if I a bought a used R3 Mass Effect Trilogy CD, and get the online pass for R3 region (in this case Hong Kong), I can play online from any PSN account that I liked?

Edited by joremzi

13 minutes ago, joremzi said:

so if I a bought a used R3 Mass Effect Trilogy CD, and get the online pass for R3 region (in this case Hong Kong), I can play online from any PSN account that I liked?

Account locked, means you can only use it with that account and since you can't get the Plat without the online pass, you will stuck playing this game on the Hong Kong account due to the online pass not being recognised by any other accounts on your system. If you want to plat this game on your JP account, you will need a JP copy then redeem the online pass via the JP store.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

Account locked, means you can only use it with that account and since you can't get the Plat without the online pass, you will stuck playing this game on the Hong Kong account. If you want to plat this game on your JP account, you will need a JP copy then redeem the online pass via the JP store.

oof that sucks

31 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It's just one of many reasons why the Online Pass system was a terrible idea from the outset and never going to work.

just want to know, only mass effect 3 have this suckish system here right? Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 are cool right?

5 minutes ago, joremzi said:

just want to know, only mass effect 3 have this suckish system here right? Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 are cool right?

ME1 and 2 have offline Platinums but 2 has an expansion pass that's required to access one off the trophy DLCs, though fortunately it is region locked instead of Account Locked so you'll be good to go, provided you have an account in the same region as the code and disc so the content can be redeemed and used :). Andromeda has online trophies but no trophy DLCs and no online pass since it's a PS4 game.