General game discussion

Joe Dubz

I already have them all save for 1 at this point. I've been trying to pay attention to how many kills but it seems to vary between 3-5? I'm wondering if anyone can say for sure if it is a specific number required. The reason I ask is I'm considering making a trophy guide and would like things to be as clear and concise as possible!

Definitely 5, and glocktopus sucks! No incentive to kill since he doesn't drop credits. He should have at least given 10 credits for the extra effort it takes.

Also huge tip, use cloud saves. All skins cost about 1100 credits, accumulate that much, backup save, spend credits, reload save for hats (which take about 600)

I still have no idea how to do the other NPS trophies I'm missing though.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 7:19 PM, aZombieDictator said:

Definitely 5, and glocktopus sucks! No incentive to kill since he doesn't drop credits. He should have at least given 10 credits for the extra effort it takes.

Also huge tip, use cloud saves. All skins cost about 1100 credits, accumulate that much, backup save, spend credits, reload save for hats (which take about 600)

I still have no idea how to do the other NPS trophies I'm missing though.

Ugh seriously tho, glocktopus was such a pain in the ass, I was cheering the first time I finally beat him! Agreed tho, there is absolutely no reason he shouldn't give credits for as challenging as he is.

I am very much grateful for the cloud save suggestion! I'm bummed I didn't think of this sooner, as I already bought ~half of each set. Either way, this will pretty much cut my grind in half at this point. If I do make the guide I will add that and make sure to give you credit ?

Okay, I just took a peek at where you are at. For all those NPC trophies, they work the exact same way, with the exception of Daisuke. You have to talk to each of those characters separately after you've purchased a few things from them, which will prompt them to give you a fetch quest. Each item you need to fetch can always be found in both the golf and Winchester's games, you will see a balloon floating near the top of the screen with the item you need. You'll need to try and hit the item directly, as sometimes if you miss and hit the balloon you won't pick it up! You'll keep it in your inventory til you come across the character again, then you just talk to them to give it to them. 

Daisuke is a whole other BEAST tho! You need to reach him (her?! lol) with a combo level of 20, which will prompt them to give you another fetch quest that works the same way. I managed to get this on a Clone run last night on my 2nd trip to stage 5, well I haven't acquired the item yet but i got the combo part done. I hope this helps!

Edited by Joe Dubz
correcting my mistake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Dubz said:

Ugh seriously tho, glocktopus was such a pain in the ass, I was cheering the first time I finally beat him! Agreed tho, there is absolutely no reason he shouldn't give credits for as challenging as he is.

I am very much grateful for the cloud save suggestion! I'm bummed I didn't think of this sooner, as I already bought ~half of each set. Either way, this will pretty much cut my grind in half at this point. If I do make the guide I will add that and make sure to give you credit 1f601.png

Okay, I just took a peek at where you are at. For all those NPC trophies, they work the exact same way, with the exception of Daisuke. You have to talk to each of those characters separately after you've purchased a few things from them, which will prompt them to give you a fetch quest. Each item you need to fetch can always be found in both the golf and Winchester's games, you will see a balloon floating near the top of the screen with the item you need. You'll need to try and hit the item directly, as sometimes if you miss and hit the balloon you won't pick it up! You'll keep it in your inventory til you come across the character again, then you just talk to them to give it to them. 

Daisuke is a whole other BEAST tho! You need to reach him (her?! lol) with a combo level of 20, which will prompt them to give you another fetch quest that works the same way. I managed to get this on a Clone run last night on my 2nd trip to stage 5, well I haven't acquired the item yet but i got the combo part done. I hope this helps!

Thanks! And I got the 20 combo for daisuke already, I didn't know all npcs had the fetch quests... I saw the balloon again but didn't think anything of it.

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Thanks! And I got the 20 combo for daisuke already, I didn't know all npcs had the fetch quests... I saw the balloon again but didn't think anything of it.

Okay cool, you already got the hard part out of the way! Just talk to him next time and he'll give you the quest. 

Would you agree that 7/10 difficulty sounds fair for the plat, for your average gamer? I'm going off of IMO the 2 hardest trophies, mastering Glock and also that Daisuke trophy. Then again sometimes those Godlike runs make it seem more like a 4 or 5 ?

4 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

Okay cool, you already got the hard part out of the way! Just talk to him next time and he'll give you the quest. 

Would you agree that 7/10 difficulty sounds fair for the plat, for your average gamer? I'm going off of IMO the 2 hardest trophies, mastering Glock and also that Daisuke trophy. Then again sometimes those Godlike runs make it seem more like a 4 or 5 1f602.png

Definitely not a 7, I'd say a 4 or 5. It's way easier than Enter the Gungeon.

I have all my gameplay recorded too so if you need anything for the guide lemme know.

Also hope I didn't fuck any npc quests up, i kept seeing a jat on the rat balloon and didn't think anything of it. I'm assuming the quest aren't able to be messed up, hopefully. 

Daisuke is asking for pretzles or nut butter.

Also fuck wax wings. Avoid those at all costs.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 1

Very sorry to hear about your luck ? I've had similar experiences in the past with Binding of Isaac, Rad, and the original Gungeon with that damn Winchester's game. 

On 1/8/2021 at 5:31 PM, aZombieDictator said:

I have all my gameplay recorded too so if you need anything for the guide lemme know.

This is great news, I don't do a very good job of that myself so that could be very useful! So I have a majority of the guide typed up, but it's mostly text at this point. If you want I could add you as co writer to help spice it up a bit!?

2 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

Very sorry to hear about your luck 1f613.png I've had similar experiences in the past with Binding of Isaac, Rad, and the original Gungeon with that damn Winchester's game. 

This is great news, I don't do a very good job of that myself so that could be very useful! So I have a majority of the guide typed up, but it's mostly text at this point. If you want I could add you as co writer to help spice it up a bit!?

I'm not the best at writing but I look through see if I could add tips somewhere? Idk if i wanna accept going into it then end up being not much help.

Also I'm stuck at flynt now... i still haven't got his quest. He rarely spawns and just ugh

19 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

I'm not the best at writing but I look through see if I could add tips somewhere? Idk if i wanna accept going into it then end up being not much help.

Also I'm stuck at flynt now... i still haven't got his quest. He rarely spawns and just ugh

Ya sure, idc if you add one picture or do absolutely nothing at all lol. It's no pressure so don't feel obligated or whatever either, I'm not super particular or anything! 

As for Flynt, yeah he's a pain in the ass. The door starts peeling off and eventually he needs glue...! RNG can be such a pain in the arse sometimes ?

Oh geez, I just realized you need to buy all skins for one of the hats to become available also. Fair warning to anyone going for that! 

Edited by Joe Dubz

On 08. 01. 2021. at 2:38 PM, Joe Dubz said:

I don't think you need a 20 combo for Daisuke's quest to show up. I definitely didn't do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MiIeski said:

I don't think you need a 20 combo for Daisuke's quest to show up. I definitely didn't do it.

As a matter of fact I do believe you are correct! It even says just talk to him a few times on the wiki, I was making that so much harder than necessary ? Thank you for pointing that out! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

Ya sure, idc if you add one picture or do absolutely nothing at all lol. It's no pressure so don't feel obligated or whatever either, I'm not super particular or anything! 

As for Flynt, yeah he's a pain in the ass. The door starts peeling off and eventually he needs glue...! RNG can be such a pain in the arse sometimes 1f605.png

Oh geez, I just realized you need to buy all skins for one of the hats to become available also. Fair warning to anyone going for that! 

Yeah flynt is my struggle now. Found him twice in 2 hours after doing all quests and still don't have quest.

And yeah i mentioned that, says so on wiki. Annoying grind for credits.

3 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Yeah flynt is my struggle now. Found him twice in 2 hours after doing all quests and still don't have quest.

Just to make sure, whenever you find him you're riding the little elevator thingy up to talk to him right? I realized I didn't do that the first time or 2 I saw him is the only reason I ask! 

3 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

And yeah i mentioned that, says so on wiki. Annoying grind for credits.

Oops yeah I glossed over that part hehe ? I know the extra guns and items you can buy with credits help, but one could technically only buy what's needed for the one trophy and save the rest for hats/skins perhaps? I unfortunately bought them all not thinking about it before.

I've been enjoying this for the most part cuz it has all those old Gungeon feels and humor, but it's just a pretty pared down Gungeon-lite experience more than anything. 

Any idea how to unlock "The Dog" hat? There's no useful info on the wiki... Of course I'm still missing like 3 after I grinded the rest of the credits out for the skins. I'm losing steam and getting bored at this point ?

Edit: Speculation on the Steam message boards seems to indicate The Dog hat is possibly unlocked by beating the game in the Hunter's alt uniform. Gonna test this out to confirm...

Edited by Joe Dubz

Testing proved unsuccessful. A separate thread mentions that it involves Snails and Hattori: 

Spoiler

Eventually he turns into a hat, I guess if you keep talking to him?! Go figure, I've barely spoken 2 words to the guy. Apparently you need to finish a run after he turns into a hat, so I'll try this later when I have time. I can officially confirm that's how you get this one. Just keep talking to Snails and Hattori and eventually Snails will be turned into a hat. You can literally just enter the Gungeon and quit right back to the Underbreach at that point, and the hat will be available for purchase then. 

Edited by Joe Dubz
updated after more testing

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

@Joe Dubz Found a really good credit farming method. If you wanna add me in the guide, I could give you a few videos to toss in. I probably wouldn't write anything but I can give tips and you can pull anything from my YouTube there. Lots of exit videos. 

Awesome man, that sounds perfect to me! I just added you on. I made a few vids last night, just a Glocto K.O., Lich Dragun flawless, and Fallmonger flawless (master round 4) to add in there so far. But I will definitely be in need of more vids and pics to spice things up! It is very much appreciated thanks, this one is a very good start ?