The best MMO on PlayStation?

xBenlander

I'm not sure about other MMOs out there, but for someone who put over 10,000 hours into FF14, it's truly a magical and fun experience, especially when you have friends to interact and team up with (assuming you would want that). Each expansion outshines the previous story and content, with the Shadowbringers expansion being one of the best FF stories you can experience throughout any FF game. 

49 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

That's unfortunate then, because the lack of group-centric content early and mid game kindof turned me off long before that point.

Yeah, until you reach level 65 and “armor level” 410+, you can play the game solo. Past that, you have to play and communicate with a team and be in a party chat. You can’t keep playing this game without a guild, a well coordinated group and the right equipment but ESPECIALLY knowledge. Once you reach a high armor level, people expect from you to know the dungeons and boss mechanics, Tera players can be pretty toxic and there are A LOT of elitists.

Final Fantasy XIV is the answer. It's the only MMO I've played on console but I couldn't recommend it enough, the story is amazing not too greet during AAR (still good though) but the expansion make up for that, especially Shadowbringers, you won't be disappointed. The music is top tier, some people subbed to the game due to the music alone, not kidding. Yes, there is a monthly sub but the game has sooo much content to justify that monthly fee, plus new content is always being added every few months. It works surprisingly well with a controller, but you can plug in a keyboard and mouse if you can't get used to the controller. The community is the best community you'll find on any MMO, it's not perfect of course...but you will encounter many more friendly people willing to help during the game than toxic. 

Edited by Venocide

20 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

What about NeverWinter?

Neverwinter is fun and has piles of content. The one issue, and I don't know if it was solved or not, is an update to make content scale ended up breaking the game to the point that max level teams couldn't finish single player level 1 content. If that's been since fixed, I can safely recommend it. It's got a large, active community and gets regular updates still.