TheManlyMandril

Best way to buy the DLCs

4 posts in this topic

I bought the base game as it is on discount right now. However, the vast amount of DLCs for this game confuses me. There are two season passes (New frontier pass and expansion bundle). Then there are some free DLCs (Nubia, Khmer and Indonesia) and some other civilization packs from (€5 - €9)... What is the cheapest way to get access to the DLCs for the trophies?

You're better off either waiting for a deep sale on the Premium items or until some kind of Complete Edition is released, because the DLCs are a major rip-off at the moment.

16 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

You're better off either waiting for a deep sale on the Premium items or until some kind of Complete Edition is released, because the DLCs are a major rip-off at the moment.

I see.. is it worth playing the game without any DLCs before buying them then? It looks like Rise & Fall and Gathering Storm change so many mechanics...

47 minutes ago, TheManlyMandril said:

I see.. is it worth playing the game without any DLCs before buying them then? It looks like Rise & Fall and Gathering Storm change so many mechanics...

Playing in Vanilla first could almost be recommended - you'll be able to get a hang of how the game works before throwing new gameplay systems into the mix. Even without the DLCs, there are still lots of civilizations and a fair number of scenarios.