What’s the game that perfectly defines your type of game?

Carol

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana.  First off, it's an action RPG and I actually like those a bit better than turn based RPGs.  I want smooth fast paced combat where the difficulty isn't cheap and the music is awesome.  I also want a cast of characters full of personality and a world that is a joy to discover the secrets of.  I want a game that it doesn't matter how many times I play it, I'm still engrossed in the story and the joy of discovering every little thing the game's world has to offer.

If i had to choose a single game, it would have to be CS:GO.

I have almost 2000 hours (over 2 profiles, one with almost 1600 hours and one around 3-400). And this is just since late 2016, and this is including long brakes (several months at times).

I can play that game endlessly. The feeling of hitting a perfect headshot, outplaying someone, making a high IQ play, or just doing a Kobé, is so satisfying! And oh yeah, making a clutch ace never gets old.

I have SO many good memories from CS, all the way back to the first one, when i was a kid, and we played on our old computers at school, or when we went to internet café's and paid to play cs together.

So purely based on time played and amount of memories and nostalgia, i would have to say CS as a whole.

To mention some other games that i love :

GTA (especially V, that i patinummed almost 2 times < i lost my old ps3, where i only needed 15 gold medals for plat, and couldn't remember my login, so had to start fresh years later on my ps4 on a new account >. GTA V, to me, was and is perfect. The open world, the story, the characters. It's just amazing.

Red Dead Redemption 2  - The attention to detail, the big world, yeah, it's just amazing. I've spent SOOO many hours in this game, and i hope i can get the platinum some day.

Diablo 2 - I played this endlessly as a kid, with my friends. I even have an uncle who played it, and when we went to family stuff, we would sit and talk about Diablo. Just something about the gameplay, the style and the grind. Amazing game.

• Like 1

Half life 2 and the old doom games. And last of us. 

They got it all. All in different ways too. You are invested 100% and the world is crafted with flawless precision. 

Edit: just read the post above. I'd say cs:s is by far the only game I was serious at back in the day. I loved it so much. The surfing, gun game maps, and so much more. I remember playing it after I finished half life 2 and was just sucked in. First match I did some amazing shit for some reason and got kicked for being a hacker. I was 11 so I'm like this is amazing. I'm so good adults are getting mad! Lol.

I played as much as I could. But my parents seriously only let me play games one weekend a month. I forget how long that went on for but damn did I sneak in at night to play css anytime I could. Havent played css for many years though. I'm not competitive anymore and don't see games as the way I did, so that's that.

Edited by freeman4200