Killzone Official Website retired, might affect some online game aspects

Yinyangfooey

Here's the message that is on KillZone's official site:

KILLZONE.COM HAS RETIRED

Dear Killzone.com visitor,

The official website for the KILLZONE franchise has retired. Going forward, visitors to Killzone.com will be directed to PlayStation.com.

While this change doesn’t affect the online multiplayer modes, player statistics or ranking data for KILLZONE MERCENARY and KILLZONE SHADOW FALL, it is now no longer possible to create or manage clans in KILLZONE SHADOW FALL. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you to Killzone.com’s many fans and visitors throughout the years for their enthusiasm and support.

Sincerely,

Guerrilla

To visit PlayStation.com, please click here.

This part is concerning as it pertains to this site: "While this change doesn’t affect the online multiplayer modes, player statistics or ranking data for KILLZONE MERCENARY and KILLZONE SHADOW FALL, it is now no longer possible to create or manage clans in KILLZONE SHADOW FALL. We apologize for this inconvenience."

How will this affect multiplayer trophies for both Shadowfall and Mercenary? Can anyone elaborate?

2 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

KILLZONE MERCENARY: Not affected at all.

KILLZONE SHADOW FALL: Not really affected. There's a trophy for complete 400 multiplayer challenges, and there're 166 related to clans, but the game offers 2630 challenges so... Here¡s the info of the trophy guide: Most of them are just basic stuff like "Head shot # players", "Cloak kill # Players", "Get # kills with ~ weapon", "Win on ~ Map # times" and so on. I was able to get 702 challenges from playing multiplayer normally, aiming for every other trophy but it really depends on your play styles. You should be able to complete 400 challenges from playing normally but if you want to get that trophy specifically or it's the last trophy that you need, refer to below.

3 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I don't know about Mercenaries but for Shadow Fall in won't affect any trophies. There are no clan related trophies. 

Well, it might make Finders Keepers harder, according to this thread: How to easily get 25 online collectibles - Insurgent Expansion - PlayStationTrophies.org

This particular method needs access to the site, and it now gives a 404 message

Edited by Yinyangfooey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Yinyangfooey said:

Well, it might make Finders Keepers harder, according to this thread: How to easily get 25 online collectibles - Insurgent Expansion - PlayStationTrophies.org

I never got that trophy as I didn't do the DLC. I wasn't aware of that. For the platinum though it shouldn't affect anything.

5 minutes ago, Yinyangfooey said:

yes, this is an easier way, but as some modes are pretty empty, you can be alone in the lobby while lookign for the crate. Maybe it'll take a bit longer to get, but I think you were concerned about unobtainable trophies.

Edited by breakXedge
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, breakXedge said:

yes, this is an easier way, but as some modes are pretty empty, you can be alone in the lobby while lookign for the crate. Maybe it'll take a bit longer to get, but I think you were concerned about unobtainable trophies.

Gotcha

I also wouldn't be surprised if Sony decides to pull the plug on these servers sometime this year. As per their policy, I believe they have to give us a 90 day notice/official announcement like they did with other first party games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yinyangfooey said:

You can get someone who has played the mode before to host it for you, that’s how I got access to the pistols only server as the website wouldn’t work for me, it makes the trophy a lot easier/quicker.

On 1/9/2021 at 7:55 AM, GraniteSnake said:

You can get someone who has played the mode before to host it for you, that’s how I got access to the pistols only server as the website wouldn’t work for me, it makes the trophy a lot easier/quicker.

Does this mean you can now host one time for someone, you can leave and we could carry on collecting?

23 minutes ago, jcshaun said:

Does this mean you can now host one time for someone, you can leave and we could carry on collecting?

Yeah, the server is always up, it just doesn't always show in the server browser. (whereas it always showed on the website)
once you have played on the server before it will show up in your history.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9-1-2021 at 4:55 PM, GraniteSnake said:

I remember that I invited you in it. Great boost with you. Hope this game stays online cause it's really good