Is using extended storage still causing issues?

iliya0212

Hi everyone, I know PS5 had some issues with using external storage when it launched 2 month ago, and for that reason I didn't use until now.

Now I got to the point where I constantly need to delete and redownload games, which gets really annoying, so I am wondering, is extended storage still causes crushes, db rebuilds and bricked consoles, or was it fixed?

The thing is that there were considerable amount of reports at launch, and given that availability is not great at the moment and if it accidently bricks the console, even with warranty it will take time to get a replacement and I am not sure I want to risk it.

• Like 1

I had huge issues on the release of the console for couple of days(ps5 turning off,games not working or not wanting to start at all) and i have it plugged with all my ps4 backlog installed on it since launch. Now, everything seems to be ok since more then a month and i move ps4 games to ps5 ssd from it when i plan to play them.

So it seems that all problems are gone.

• Like 1

I had one issue and no surprises it was Cyberpunk, I downloaded it on the PS4 pro and then swapped out the external. Took about and hour to rebuild the database on PS5. No other problem with no other game. Basically your database on the PS4 somehow reflects on your PS5.

• Like 1