New Yorker trophy help

Violino

Doing this on the LIRR and I'm confused. On the LIRR screen it says '181 Services' to complete but when I go to the 'Timetable' and go on the M7, I have 28 available services (which I've done). Does anyone know if my game is glitched or something like that? Or is it something as simple as the routes under the 'Journeys' tab count too?

EDIT: Found some info and I've started doing it again with a different method so we shall see if it works. If it does I'll post how I did it for future use in case it's needed by someone.

Edited by Violino

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.1.2021 at 6:01 PM, MadMardigan_88 said:

When your on the locomotive filter screen click on the M7 LIRR one time.  It will give you a Switch Livery button at the bottom of the screen.  Clicking on it will give you the 2 other livery for the M7.  That's how you get 181 services. 

Thank you so much for the advice! Hiding the other services behind different liveries seems stupid to me as most people would probably not look for them there. However I had this trophy glitch on me and it did not unlock when I had completed all 181 services on LIRR two days ago. I have now redownloaded the game with only the LIRR expansion installed and will recomplete all services on a new ingame profile. Let's hope that it unlocks somewhere along the way. This is the last trophy I need for the Platinum.

• Like 1

Before the M3 DLC was introduced, all services were laid out in one list. When the M3 loco was released, they split the list based on whatever the number or carriages the train had (6, 8 or 10). I think this was done since those formations operate certain kinds of services, but it just makes it more confusing. 

• Like 1

YES! Finally popped this bad boy and the Platinum. In addition to what I described in my previous post I also played the game offline which supposedly helps to trigger the trophy. Recompleting all 181 LIRR services was a pain in the backside, even with the exploit. Hopefully others will be smarter than me and just back up their save files when they're at 180/181 services completed.

Edited by Baka_Marimo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Baka_Marimo said:

YES! Finally popped this bad boy and the Platinum. In addition to what I described in my previous post I also played the game offline which supposedly helps to trigger the trophy. Recompleting all 181 LIRR services was a pain in the backside, even with the exploit. Hopefully others will be smarter than me and just back up their save files when they're at 180/181 services completed.

Congrats on the plat! I'm hoping to get there myself soon. Is the exploit when you're in free roam you basically hop on the train at the last stop and it counts as completed service if you close the passenger doors? 

Edited by agamer1

6 minutes ago, agamer1 said:

Congrats on the plat! I'm hoping to get there myself soon. Is the exploit when you're in free roam you basically hop on the train at the last stop and it counts as completed service if you close the passenger doors? 

Yup, that's exactly it. One simple trick that easily saves a hundred hours of grinding.

Edited by Baka_Marimo

What about the empty loads? I had to do the 10 or so of those, as I couldn’t figure out how to get on the train and take over, since they were moving and it wouldn’t let me take over. I also noticed if you board on the proper side, when the load passengers circle is complete, it auto completes the service without messing with the door key.

56 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

What about the empty loads? I had to do the 10 or so of those, as I couldn’t figure out how to get on the train and take over, since they were moving and it wouldn’t let me take over. I also noticed if you board on the proper side, when the load passengers circle is complete, it auto completes the service without messing with the door key.

There are a few services that only have you move a train in or out of the depots near Atlantic Terminal and Jamaica. You have to do those by yourself but they take no more than 5 minutes each. Then there are a few passenger services out of New York Penn where you still have to take the train to the depot at Belmont Park after the final passenger boarding at Jamaica. Those too just take a couple of minutes if you take over the train at that last passenger stop. Also for the direct services from Port Washington to New York Penn it's actually quicker to drive yourself (assuming you've already loaded up the service to check out the arrival time). According to the schedule the journey takes 9 minutes but the route allows you to go full throttle and overspeed which lets you get there much faster than it would take you to go back to the main menu, get into Spawn Walking and then wait another five minutes because the train arrives at XX:45 o'clock, so you have to spawn in at XX:40 because if you do so at XX:45 you won't make it in time. Heck, I would even wager that it's always faster to drive the train yourself on that route, even if you know the arrival time beforehand.

Edited by Baka_Marimo

33 minutes ago, Baka_Marimo said:

There are a few services that only have you move a train in or out of the depots near Atlantic Terminal and Jamaica. You have to do those by yourself but they take no more than 5 minutes each. Then there are a few passenger services out of New York Penn where you still have to take the train to the depot at Belmont Park after the final passenger boarding at Jamaica. Those too just take a couple of minutes if you take over the train at that last passenger stop. Also for the direct services from Port Washington to New York Penn it's actually quicker to drive yourself (assuming you've already loaded up the service to check out the arrival time). According to the schedule the journey takes 9 minutes but the route allows you to go full throttle and overspeed which lets you get there much faster than it would take you to go back to the main menu, get into Spawn Walking and then wait another five minutes because the train arrives at XX:45 o'clock, so you have to spawn in at XX:40 because if you do so at XX:45 you won't make it in time. Heck, I would even wager that it's always faster to drive the train yourself on that route, even if you know the arrival time beforehand.

Yeah, I noticed those were quicker. With afk distance being so easy, I just blast through the routes when possible. I hated waiting five minutes early on. Thanks for the reply though, was curious if they were all done by boarding last minute. Do you by chance own the db br 182(?) rapid transit dlc train? If so, how many services does RT have when you own that train dlc? Curious if the base 64 of RT plus dlc services is less than the brutal 300+ of MSB.

Edited by ImStylinOnYaBro

On 1/22/2021 at 4:51 AM, Baka_Marimo said:

Thank you so much for the advice! Hiding the other services behind different liveries seems stupid to me as most people would probably not look for them there. However I had this trophy glitch on me and it did not unlock when I had completed all 181 services on LIRR two days ago. I have now redownloaded the game with only the LIRR expansion installed and will recomplete all services on a new ingame profile. Let's hope that it unlocks somewhere along the way. This is the last trophy I need for the Platinum.

Your welcome.  Happy to help.   This is my 3rd try at getting the M7 trophies.

14 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

Yeah, I noticed those were quicker. With afk distance being so easy, I just blast through the routes when possible. I hated waiting five minutes early on. Thanks for the reply though, was curious if they were all done by boarding last minute. Do you by chance own the db br 182(?) rapid transit dlc train? If so, how many services does RT have when you own that train dlc? Curious if the base 64 of RT plus dlc services is less than the brutal 300+ of MSB.

I have it.  There are 32 services for the 182.  I also have the 767.2 DABpbzfa DB which has 31 services.  I can't remember if it was part of the 182 dlc.  So a total of 127 services if you end up with 767.2 DABpbzfa DB also.

23 hours ago, Baka_Marimo said:

Congrats on the Plat.  Will you be going for the 100% completion?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadMardigan_88 said:

Your welcome.  Happy to help.   This is my 3rd try at getting the M7 trophies.

I have it.  There are 32 services for the 182.  I also have the 767.2 DABpbzfa DB which has 31 services.  I can't remember if it was part of the 182 dlc.  So a total of 127 services if you end up with 767.2 DABpbzfa DB also.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll be patient and wait for a sale, as opposed to doing a million MSB services on top of the 64 on RT I did,

2 hours ago, MadMardigan_88 said:

Congrats on the Plat.  Will you be going for the 100% completion?

Yes I will and if I manage to do so within the next five months I'll even be the fastest 100% achiever (though someone who does a serious speedrun and knows what they're doing will easily beat that). The trophies still keep putting up a fight however. When I completed all scenarios on LIRR and RSN the respective trophies did not pop. Thankfully though there's only five scenarios for each of those DLCs, so redoing them is not too much of a pain. I'd advise anyone to ALWAYS back up their saves before completing the requirements for the "all services" and "all scenarios" trophies.