Can someone please give a good build?!

Stadsfiskalen

Im so frustrated. I have followed many builds from Youtube but they are all nerfed and i cant do a shit in Way of demon. I have like 10 more mission to complete the all mission on way of the demon trophy.

The hardest missions with 2 bosses are left. Is it any op build with sword left? What shall i go for? The best build i have tested now is with sword and i managed to kill queens eye boss in like 10 seconds in way of the demon. But that build isnt good when its 2 bosses.

10 minutes ago, Stadsfiskalen said:

Im so frustrated. I have followed many builds from Youtube but they are all nerfed and i cant do a shit in Way of demon. I have like 10 more mission to complete the all mission on way of the demon trophy.

The hardest missions with 2 bosses are left. Is it any op build with sword left? What shall i go for? The best build i have tested now is with sword and i managed to kill queens eye boss in like 10 seconds in way of the demon. But that build isnt good when its 2 bosses.

Put most of your points into Dexterity then Body and Skill. Plust he Kusarigama is also very nice to use aswell! 

Edited by Titanomachy_75

For my sword build I used "Crossed sickles" Kingo set + the bat + the clan that gives attack from behind. If it's a humanoid boss headshot him , rush and do a Iai strike and then backstab him to instakill him. Everything else just hug the booty and medium stance slash them.

If it's 2 bosses (ahem ... Toyotomi - 9tails gank from hell)....unless you wish to really co-op, go Dream of the Wise and get abit of ethereal goodness. Those bosses are incredibly cheap for a sword build.

58 minutes ago, Stadsfiskalen said:

Put into Dexterity and just spam throwables at the boss, it's very effective.

This is the build I used for Way Of The Demon. Absolutely everything in WotD was a cakewalk with this build. I died, at most, 5 times across the entire game on WotD and all those deaths were in missions I hadn’t completed on any other difficulty. If you only have 10 missions left you might be better off just trying to do it co-op as putting together a brand new build (probably from scratch) will take a lot longer.

• Like 3

On 10-1-2021 at 9:59 PM, FilmFanatic said:

This is the build I used for Way Of The Demon. Absolutely everything in WotD was a cakewalk with this build. I died, at most, 5 times across the entire game on WotD and all those deaths were in missions I hadn’t completed on any other difficulty. If you only have 10 missions left you might be better off just trying to do it co-op as putting together a brand new build (probably from scratch) will take a lot longer.

Looks interesting and also checked his youtube video. Doesn't look to complex as my Nioh2 build took me over a week of farming. 

Now I'm wondering if it's actually still this good as it's from 2017 and not nerfed to the ground

3 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Looks interesting and also checked his youtube video. Doesn't look to complex as my Nioh2 build took me over a week of farming. 

Now I'm wondering if it's actually still this good as it's from 2017 and not nerfed to the ground

I 100%ed the game in April 2018 and it worked fantastically back then and I doubt there have been any updates that nerfed it since then.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

I 100%ed the game in April 2018 and it worked fantastically back then and I doubt there have been any updates that nerfed it since then.

Thanks for letting me know. Just checked and my current build is just question marks all over the place what was I thinking lol! So It's going to take a while but hopefully I'll get the set to make a nice start.

I could never get the timing right on the draw attacks, so I went with an older dual swords + kusarigami build. Hit your opponent with sloth & weakness, run behind them, windstorm attack until dead, repeat. It made mincemeat of the main game, but I was getting wrecked in the DLC.

The thing about Nioh is that _so_ much of it depends on grinding and crafting the right bonuses onto your equipment. The right skills and points, with bad equipment bonuses, will do a lot less damage than you see in the YouTube videos.

4 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

Almost got all pieces and now comes the stupid part I sold Yasukani when playing this game in 2018..

Already created a boosting session as 1 drops 100% in a side mission with 3 bosses at once but no chance to solo that.

This isn't really going that well lol.

5 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Almost got all pieces and now comes the stupid part I sold Yasukani when playing this game in 2018..

Already created a boosting session as 1 drops 100% in a side mission with 3 bosses at once but no chance to solo that.

This isn't really going that well lol.

From what I remember getting the armour was easy enough as plenty of revenants drop it. Getting the blueprint for the swords was slightly annoying as I believe only one boss drops it however that boss is at least right at the start of 1 or 2 missions. Other than that it’s just needing a ton of divine shards and gold to keep re-rolling the perks till you get the ones you need. But once you have the build completed it makes everything on Way Of The Demon an absolute cake walk.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

From what I remember getting the armour was easy enough as plenty of revenants drop it. Getting the blueprint for the swords was slightly annoying as I believe only one boss drops it however that boss is at least right at the start of 1 or 2 missions. Other than that it’s just needing a ton of divine shards and gold to keep re-rolling the perks till you get the ones you need. But once you have the build completed it makes everything on Way Of The Demon an absolute cake walk.

Did you also happen to have Change to Attack (Heart) A+ on the weapon? I'm struggling to find that to complete the build. The smithing text finally dropped for me to get the armor. I've also got the weapon with all stats except that. Sorry for the quote's it's just a pain to get back into this game :D

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

Did you also happen to have Change to Attack (Heart) A+ on the weapon? I'm struggling to find that to complete the build. The smithing text finally dropped for me to get the armor. I've also got the weapon with all stats except that. Sorry for the quote's it's just a pain to get back into this game :D

Yeah I had all the same perks as seen in the video. If you don’t have Change To Attack (Heart) then damage will scale to Skill(?) which won’t be at 99. It’s been a while since I played it so I don’t remember whether that perk can be rolled or I had to keep smithing the swords until I got that perk on them.

On 19.1.2021 at 3:17 PM, Deluziion90 said:

You can get CTA Heart by forging or even rerolling but it is pretty rare, I used Duals aswell but I had CTA Skill instead. The alternative is to get the perk from revenants hoping one of them drops a weapon with CTA as an inheritable perk I think it’s this icon | > | you need to look for. Then get that weapons familiarity to maximum and soul match it with the weapon you are using to get the perk.

Maybe the inheritable CTA can also drop from enemies I can’t remember really but revenants drop them from time to time.