And my Christmas 20/21 autogift was a.... PS3

Quixotesque

3 hours ago, cosmicanomaly said:

Just curious how Mirrors Edge is possible to platinum.  Has been awhile since I played it but I thought you had to upload scores and that feature was no longer available.  Awesome game though and maybe I would go back and try it again.

Scores can still be uploaded, but even if they couldn’t it wouldn’t matter because you can save them offline, which unlocks the trophy regardless of an online connection. Mirror’s Edge will never be unobtainable as everything can be done offline.

5 hours ago, Quixotesque said:

Didn´t know there was a PS3 version of this game o.O Wow, I expended +300 h to it on PC. How is it? I may give it a try sometime Thanks! :D 

It probably won't compare with the PC version but I don't remember any issues beyond essential NPC's being killable. That only affected me once when someone who sells you house decorations got killed in a bar brawl so for that save one of my houses was just barren and covered in cobwebs for all time. I don't recall it having the same issues that Fallout 3 and Skyrim did when the save file got too big.

Fallout 3 and NV get glitchy once you near the end and your save file is ~8mb in size but still mostly playable. I got the plat in both with no game ending glitches, just minor setbacks. Although I haven't gotten the 100%, people say if your save file is too large to do the DLC by the end of the game, start a new game and focus on the DLC early before the lagging starts

Open-world you say?...can't go wrong with Infamous and Infamous 2...Infamous 2 has very few simple online trophies you just need to play user generated content.

Assassin's Creed 2

Saint's Row 3 (You only need to upload your character to the servers for a single online trophy and looks like you still can) 

Farcry 3 (co-op trophies that can be done split-screen)

GoW is on your list though...hmm then you should definitely play Darksiders and Castlevania Lords of Shadow too,2 of the best multiplat games ever.

Lemme say...it's always awesome to see people still playing PS3 and moreover just getting a PS3 or to PS3 games now,recently saw a couple that only now upgraded from PS2 to PS3 and I couldn't believe it.If you plan to play PS3 often add me,I'm looking for active PS3 playas to be friends with.Cheers mate and have fun PS3 is the best.

On 17/01/2021 at 0:38 PM, Xenoblast91 said:

My personal list consists of:

• Final Fantasy XIII (the whle trilogy, by the way)
  • Sonic Adventure 1 & 2
  • GTA IV
  • Plants vs Zombies (however the Vita version is better in terms of trophies)
  • Ico

Congratulations by this purchase, looking forward to do the same!

Sadly both of the Plants vs Zombies classics are delisted...

On 10.1.2021 at 8:34 PM, Quixotesque said:

- Fallout 3, NV

Don't. Fucking. Do. It!

Both Fallout games are excellent (I'm currently playing NV on Series X), but on PS3 both games are absolute catastrophies! I have never seen more glitches in a game than in Fallout New Vegas. It rivals Cyberpunk on base consoles. Whatever you do, don't play New Vegas on PS3. Just don't. 

Edit: Btw, Oblivion has no trophies. It was released long before trophies were introduced in June 2008.

Edited by R4M Jolly Monk

Your story is similar to mine ? I haven't play a lot of PS3 games and I made a very long list of games to play (without online trophies). And I am so shocked that there are still more games to play! So I am happy to share my list to you ? 

Some games I already platinum and some I haven't play yet:

Prince of Persia and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Prototype 1 & 2

Infamous 1 & 2

X-Men: Destiny (not open world but great game)

Sly Cooper collection, including Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Just Cause 2

Mafia 2

Spec Ops: The Line (not open world but great game)

All Final Fantasy games

God of War collection

Heavy Rain (not open world but great game)

Bioshock 1 and BioShock Infinite (Don't play Bioshock 2 because of online trophies)

Borderlands 1 (I think Borderlands 2 have online trophies???)

Puppeteer (not open world but great game)

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Batman: Arkham City and Batman: Arkham Knight

Dead Space 1 & 2 (3 have online trophies)

Alien: Isolation (not open world but great game)

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (have some online trophies but can be done in solo)

Metro: Last Light (not open world but great game)

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

The Saboteur

Sleeping Dogs

Bionic Commando

Assassin's Creed 1 & 2 (3 have online trophies)

Dragon Age 1 & 2 and Dragon Age: Inquisition

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Enslaved

The Evil Within (not open world but great game)

South Park: The Stick of Truth

TinTin: The Game (not open world but great game)

Dark Soul 1 & 2

Demon Soul

Dante's Inferno (I think there is one online trophy???)

The Darkness 2 

Kingdoms of Amalur

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

The Bureau: Xcom Declassified

LA Noire

Dishonored

Vanquish (not open world but great game)

Valkyria Chronicles

Fallout 3 (Don't play New Vegas)

Resistance 3 (not open world but great game)

Silent Hill Downpour

Tomb Raider collection

Splinter Cell collection (Blacklist have some online trophies)

Deadpool

Ni No Kuni

Catherine

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom

Yakuza collection

Nier

Shadow of the Damned

Mirror's Edge

This is my list of games ? *whew* I'm so happy to share this, hope it helps you and guys.

• Like 1

If you like the Jak and Daxter trilogy

I would definitely recommend:

Sly Cooper Series

Ratchet & Clank Series

None have online trophies and are just very fun games, with simple trophies that you earn mainly by just playing through them.

Edit: The All for One Ratchet game has 2 online trophies (both are very easy)

Edited by philippunk

2 hours ago, R4M Jolly Monk said:

Don't. Fucking. Do. It!

Both Fallout games are excellent (I'm currently playing NV on Series X), but on PS3 both games are absolute catastrophies! I have never seen more glitches in a game than in Fallout New Vegas. It rivals Cyberpunk on base consoles. Whatever you do, don't play New Vegas on PS3. Just don't. 

Edit: Btw, Oblivion has no trophies. It was released long before trophies were introduced in June 2008.

PLEASE. DO. DO IT!

If you don't, you'll be missing out on one of the best rpg's of last gen! Glitches are nowhere like they were when it came out, and everything can be obtained by having multiple saves so your saves don't grow too big.

Apart from Fallout 3 and NV, some of the best games to go back to :

Bioshock

Dead space

Uncharted

Skyrim

Mafia 2

Dragon's dogma

Mass effect

1 hour ago, colia100 said:

PLEASE. DO. DO IT!

If you don't, you'll be missing out on one of the best rpg's of last gen! Glitches are nowhere like they were when it came out, and everything can be obtained by having multiple saves so your saves don't grow too big.

The bugs and glitches have nothing to do with the size of the save games. That issue occured in Skyrim.

If anyone wants to play Fallout 3 and NV they should play it on either PC or on Xbox (One or Series X) via backwards compatibility. PS3 is the worst of all options - by far! I have 100%ed the game on PS3 a few months ago and it's still a fucking nightmare.

29 minutes ago, R4M Jolly Monk said:

The bugs and glitches have nothing to do with the size of the save games. That issue occured in Skyrim.

If anyone wants to play Fallout 3 and NV they should play it on either PC or on Xbox (One or Series X) via backwards compatibility. PS3 is the worst of all options - by far! I have 100%ed the game on PS3 a few months ago and it's still a fucking nightmare.

I had the experience on Skyrim for ps3, constant freezing when going into a new area.
Turns out the file size glitch can be resolved, turn off all auto saves, wait for a total of 7 days, it clears all the items dropped in places and lowers the file size
So I would say for sure DO PLAY NV

5 minutes ago, WookieWebster316 said:

I had the experience on Skyrim for ps3, constant freezing when going into a new area.
Turns out the file size glitch can be resolved, turn off all auto saves, wait for a total of 7 days, it clears all the items dropped in places and lowers the file size
So I would say for sure DO PLAY NV

You haven't even finshed New Vegas. :facepalm:

Well, whatever. Go and ruin your time if you insist on it. You have been warned.

2 minutes ago, R4M Jolly Monk said:

You haven't even finshed New Vegas. :facepalm:

Well, whatever. Go and ruin your time if you insist on it. You have been warned.

And your point is?
I didn't finish it because I sold my ps3 and haven't gone back to it, I was merely commenting on a way to fix the issue 
But go ahead, tell me how awesome you are because you couldn't be bothered to try and fix something that took only 4 minutes max to fix and just stuck at it 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 7:40 PM, StewartBros said:

Sleeping Dogs - GTA-style sandbox game set in Hong Kong.  It was remastered on PS4 though, if you'd rather play it there, with all DLC included.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - cannot recommend it enough.

Very sad the studio who made Sleeping Dogs closed its doors. One of the few open world games that didn’t feel a little boring or grindy, loved every hour I played. Definitely gave me a bit of Bruce Lee/Jackie Chan vibe to it, with albeit more violence and vulgarity. 

Still haven’t gotten round to Metal Gear Solid 4. The eight playthroughs turn me off a little.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 9:14 PM, DaivRules said:

Yes, the Cell was a completely different and much more difficult piece of hardware to program for and the 360's 3 core system was much closer to typical programming at the time. That made it much easier to optimize for the 360.

PS3 probably hasn't had its full potential realised. Even then, Namco did a good job for a launch title with Ridge Racer 7, which looks pretty close in quality to RR6 on X360. No trophies, but still worth playing. I wish Sony would've already switched over to X86 architecture beginning with PS3 instead of using the Cell.

@Quixotesque Good choice gifting yourself the PS3.

On 29/1/2021 at 1:28 AM, Darling Baphomet said:

Wait, what the hell is an autogift?

tumblr_matxhwDIo31rr5apv.gif 

Something like this 

On 29/1/2021 at 0:30 PM, blazkowicz6 said:

I am adding Alpha Protocol to recomended RPG's list.  It is a espionage/shooter/stealth RPG though. 

I also had it on my list, thanks for he recommendation. An OBSIDIAN RPG is always something interesting to play

• Like 1