talespagni

Recommendation on karting/arcade racing games

11 posts in this topic

Sorry if there is already a thread about it, I searched but couldn't find it.

What are your recommendations on karting and/or arcade racing games? I've been trying to fill the gaps in my collection.

Thanks in advance for everybody who contributes to the topic!

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is pretty much the best kart racer I've played. It's got some...questionable choices when it comes to microtransactions but they are cosmetic (doesn't make it ok, just not gameplay affecting) and the racing itself is top notch. There's a good amount of tracks, modes and options to make it worth it.

Horizon Chase Turbo is also pretty good. The rubberbanding can get a little too much at times, especially on the harder cups but if you're into the whole OutRun style arcade racing, it might be worth a look. Trackmania Turbo is also good but does rely on getting perfect lines in order to complete some of the harder/longer races. One wrong move and the whole race needs restarting.

Only other racer I've played that I can think of is Bears Can't Drift, which was ok. Not anything really to write home about. If it's going cheap, it might be worth a look but I wouldn't put it above the other 3 mentioned.

I'd say the same as the guy above. Crash Team Racing. I would've said ModNation a few years ago but the servers have shut down now. If you don't care about the trophies, it's still a fun kart racer although it was better with the whole world making characters and karts based on basically everything like Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, The A Team, Futurama, Monopoly, Mario Kart, Looney Tunes, etc. I would've recommended Blur and Split/Second but I saw on your profile you've already played them. Same with Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing. Although I have to say, finish that game! You just have one trophy left and it's not even an online one or anything

F1 Race Stars PS3 easy online.
Absolute Drift PS4 very relaxing game about drifting.

Motorstorm RC PS3 well, racing RC cars.

Blur PS3 one of the best arcade racing games out there, lengthy online though (about 20H)

DIRT 3 & DIRT SHOWDOWN PS3 games oriented about Rally races however they are arcade-ish,

Driver San Francisco PS3 great racing game, online will take about 20 hours as well.
GRID 2 PS3 very easy and very fun racing game, easy online.

Need for Speed games, except for Shift 1 and 2 all of them are acrade.

Split/Second PS3 mayhem and fun driving, easy online.

Table Top Racing PS4 RC cars.

Zombie Driver HD - lol I think it fits the category.

There are some games I'm not listing here like LBP Karting, ModNation Races etc, but I know they are unobtainable. I'm more into the realistic driving games so I don't know much more, hope it helps though.

EDIT: More things I just thought of: Trackmania Turbo, The Crew, Flatout (4 i think), Onrush, Wipeout Omega Collection, Hardware Rivals, Jak X Combat Racing, DIRT 4 and 5 (haven't played them yet but if they are similar to DIRT 3/Showdown then they should suit you), 

Edited by HaserPL

Nickelodeon Kart Racers, Horizon Chase, The Crew 2, CTR, NFS, Coffin Dodgers (pretty short plat), Burnout Paradise, Dangerous Driving, Riptide GP2 (Riptide Renegade is so stupidly annoying, dont recommended)

Edited by OverlordOfRacing

Best kart racer out there is Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed. It's amazing. 

Jak X: Combat Racing 

GRIP

Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2

Wipeout Omega Collection
Team Sonic Racing (mainly if you have friends, as the game is incredible and at its best with real players. CPUs are entertaining enough to have fun but not to the extent of having real players)

Would add ModNation Racers, which is amazing even without its online, but the online servers have been shutdown.

Edited by EcoShifter

Crash Nitro-Fueled is by far the best kart racer on the market today. Easy to pick-up incredibly difficult to master and has a fairly challenging platinum.

Coffin Dodgers is about a 2-3 hour plat around $5. Actually entertaining as well. 

Split/Second on PS3 and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered on PS4 are two of my favorite arcade racers

Beach buggy. You can often find it in sale around 3-4 $