Platinum

Mostwantedtbest

1 minute ago, Shmeefly said:

Thats correct, Shadow Fall and the original Killzone are the only 2 platinums you can now obtain in the killzone series, K2, K3, K3M and Killzone Mercenary are all unobtainable due to online server closures

The Killzone: Mercenary servers only went down for a few days, then came right back up again and are still online to this day but I doubt that will last much longer.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

The Killzone: Mercenary servers only went down for a few days, then came right back up again and are still online to this day but I doubt that will last much longer.

Oh, thanks for correcting me, is this only available on the Vita?

32 minutes ago, wardragon989 said:

Sorry its been a while since I've played Killzone 3. But didn't the game have an offline botzone? Couldn't conditions be set up where it could be possible to get them (though the difficulty would be higher due to it being AI)?

Yeah, that's why I asked but apparently the plat is unobtainable...

3 minutes ago, Mostwantedtbest said:

Yeah, that's why I asked but apparently the plat is unobtainable...

It is impossible, the bots won't use the Jetpack and a robot of some sort, don't remember what it's called. + I'm pretty sure the trophies weren't popping on bots, otherwise I wouldn't boost these two trophies.

Bots aren’t going to get everything done for you in Killzone: Mercenary. You still need to boost for a couple specific multiplayer trophies. 

Because this game is now old, I strongly advise every one of you who is or is planning to play Killzone: Mercenary, get that online done ASAP. I can’t stress this enough.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Bots aren’t going to get everything done for you in Killzone: Mercenary. You still need to boost for a couple specific multiplayer trophies. 

Because this game is now old, I strongly advise every one of you who is or is planning to play Killzone: Mercenary, get that online done ASAP. I can’t stress this enough.

Great advice tbh. It doesn't even take that long honestly.

Oh, and I'd throw in going for the Killzone: Shadowfall online trophies too. Who knows how long those servers will last.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Great advice tbh. It doesn't even take that long honestly.

Oh, and I'd throw in going for the Killzone: Shadowfall online trophies too. Who knows how long those servers will last.

I may get the game myself. Like with Mercenary you can get a lot of online done with bots, but you still need to boost with people for a few tasks. 

For the 100 percent you need a partner for co op, but I don’t know what exactly you need to do for the base game.

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I may get the game myself. Like with Mercenary you can get a lot of online done with bots, but you still need to boost with people for a few tasks. 

For the 100 percent you need a partner for co op, but I don’t know what exactly you need to do for the base game.

The base game for Shadowfall online trophies is very easy. You can do like 95% or something like that with just the bots. There's one for resupplying that you have to do with an actual partner, but I think that only takes like 30 minutes or less from what I remember. 

3 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

The base game for Shadowfall online trophies is very easy. You can do like 95% or something like that with just the bots. There's one for resupplying that you have to do with an actual partner, but I think that only takes like 30 minutes or less from what I remember. 

I think it took us 10 minutes. The trick is that you can grab multiple times from the same supply box and it still counts as separate grabs.

So both people put one down, then go to the box of the other and keep on grabbing the stuff until it disappears. By that time the supply box is more or less recharged (depends on level of the box, the further you are the quicker it's back) and you can put a new one down. No need to shoot a bullet or whatever in between, even when you're all stocked you can still grab from it and it'll count.

I'm not sure if it was from the main game, but hacking is also a lot quicker. Both put down this pinger (not sure of exact name), hack the other one and then hack back your own hacked one. If done right they never disappear because the timer resets.

Edited by Kolm

11 hours ago, wardragon989 said:

Sorry its been a while since I've played Killzone 3. But didn't the game have an offline botzone? Couldn't conditions be set up where it could be possible to get them (though the difficulty would be higher due to it being AI)?

Bots disabled trophies so you couldn't any with them.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

3 hours ago, Kolm said:

I think it took us 10 minutes. The trick is that you can grab multiple times from the same supply box and it still counts as separate grabs.

So both people put one down, then go to the box of the other and keep on grabbing the stuff until it disappears. By that time the supply box is more or less recharged (depends on level of the box, the further you are the quicker it's back) and you can put a new one down. No need to shoot a bullet or whatever in between, even when you're all stocked you can still grab from it and it'll count.

I'm not sure if it was from the main game, but hacking is also a lot quicker. Both put down this pinger (not sure of exact name), hack the other one and then hack back your own hacked one. If done right they never disappear because the timer resets.

Would this be possible to self boost using a main and alt account with a PS4 and PS5?

5 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

Would this be possible to self boost using a main and alt account with a PS4 and PS5?

Yes, but the one for the pinger* might be a bit annoying because you can't hack back your own pinger (main char) until the other person (alt) hacked it.So you would need to be active and hacking all the time on both controllers.

The one for the supply pack you only have to put it down with your main and then continuously open it with your alt until it's gone, which is less annoying.

I also forgot about the 50 revives in co-op, this can't be done alone either but should be possible with an alt.Though it might be a lot slower compared to a real person.

*pinger: I think it was the tactical echo

• 6 months later...
18 minutes ago, rom5f said:

Hi, just to confirm (100%) you cannot get the following trophies anymore (even with bots in Killzone 3)

Grand Slam - Win a match in 3 multiplayer modes &

Now You See Me - Kill using Cloak

? Can someone confirm please?

Botzone disables all trophies, thus the Platinum and 100% are still unobtainable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 3:49 PM, Shmeefly said:

Thats correct, Shadow Fall and the original Killzone are the only 2 platinums you can now obtain in the killzone series, K2, K3, K3M and Killzone Mercenary are all unobtainable due to online server closures

Actually, the platinum for Killzone: Mercenary is still obtainable to this day, but it's only a matter of time until the online servers go down for good, so you might have to obtain / achieve the online trophies as quickly as possible.

Edited by SameCar1499
Grammar

• 1 year later...