Genocide and PS5 potentially bugged

After finishing all the rest of the trophies (A+, hard mode) I started working on finishing up Genocide. I had figured I would have had to have been at least half way there by the time I started. I've been grinding level 17 using a glitch to reload the save after a kill chain and I've been doing it for hours now and it still hasn't popped. So at first I thought that method must not work anymore to count kills. I've been doing it legit now and I'm wasting so much time with it. I can't help but feel like count glitched or bugged. I feel like I should have unlocked it ages ago.

The only other thing I can think of is I'm playing on a PS5. It's obviously the PS4 version, but on a PS5. I wouldn't think that would make a difference. I can't see of anyone else who is complaining about this problem. I'm not sure what else to think. So either this is bugged, or it's taking WAY longer than I would have thought. I guess we'll see.

Wondering if anyone else out there can corroborate this and has a potential workaround that doesn't involve starting from scratch. I'd rather not do that.

So either I get this figured out by finally getting it after doing it for hours, or I start over at some point... we'll see I guess.

As a followup: finally got it. But it wasn't until I turned my network off as a last ditch effort to turn off cross play saving. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but it might have. So if anyone else out there is having trouble with this, it's worth trying that out. I refuse to believe that after clearing normal and hard mode that I had to grind for as long as I did and not have the count getting hung up or reset somewhere along the road.

Can confirm that PS5 is somewhat bugged. The newspapers trophy didn't unlock for me even after getting all of the newspapers three times and even completing all of the levels after that. As soon as I did the same on my PS4, it popped out on the first try. So yes, it's better to avoid playing HM2 on PS5.

On 1/11/2021 at 7:02 AM, JakJakAttacks said:

As a followup: finally got it. But it wasn't until I turned my network off as a last ditch effort to turn off cross play saving. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but it might have. So if anyone else out there is having trouble with this, it's worth trying that out. I refuse to believe that after clearing normal and hard mode that I had to grind for as long as I did and not have the count getting hung up or reset somewhere along the road.

For how many hours have you been grinding this? I'm playing on PS Vita and I've spent a few hours repeatedly mashing :cross: while having a combo, but I still haven't gotten the trophy. What was your method? 

On 1/25/2021 at 3:22 PM, DeNada91 said:

For how many hours have you been grinding this? I'm playing on PS Vita and I've spent a few hours repeatedly mashing :cross: while having a combo, but I still haven't gotten the trophy. What was your method? 

Nvm, got it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

is the ps5 definitely glitched? 

i have a few trophies left in this game one of them being genocide, issue is that my ps vita keeps crashing the game. i get a message saying an error occured and it closes. 

Spolier 

earlier today i was trying to get the A+ rank on Death wish i had a 20X combo with Mark, 17X with Corey and 15X and a 5X with tony, and game crashed before i could finish alxe and ash section just switched it off after that. 

can i rather continue of my ps5 then risk the same issue. it has happened a couple of times now that the vita closes the game. 

13 hours ago, El_Shubi said:

is the ps5 definitely glitched? 

i have a few trophies left in this game one of them being genocide, issue is that my ps vita keeps crashing the game. i get a message saying an error occured and it closes. 

Spolier 

earlier today i was trying to get the A+ rank on Death wish i had a 20X combo with Mark, 17X with Corey and 15X and a 5X with tony, and game crashed before i could finish alxe and ash section just switched it off after that. 

can i rather continue of my ps5 then risk the same issue. it has happened a couple of times now that the vita closes the game. 

and the unthinkable has just happened.... i tried to play a chapter on my vita after yesterdays issue and the vita just froze completely. after a reboot it says that my file is corrupted and must be deleted. i have gone through withit because i am scared to lose my file i was 6 chapters away from 1-800-Goddamm. Deathwish,casualties, demolition, blood money, caught and takeover. 

dont think i will continue if i cant get my save back anyhow not doing A+ on dead ahead and release again. does anyone know if this can be fixed?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 31/1/2022 at 11:25 AM, amir_saman96 said:

Hey guys I got all trophies except the 50000 kill trophy. I turn off my network and it doesn’t Workf

How do you get it friend ? 

Repeat this until you get the trophy, it took a few hours to me.

On 1/25/2021 at 9:22 AM, DeNada91 said:

What is this glitch you are referring to about smashing x during a combo?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Got the Genocide Trophy (and Platinum) on PS5. No problem with any trophies.

The glitch used in chapter 17 worked. But sometimes the game crashed. So, don't be greedy and make a save sometimes (every 10 minutes for me).

Edited by AngelMJ

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just platinumed this and I didn't run into any bugged trophies, genocide was of course last and you can track how far you are into it with the trophy card on the PS5 UI showing the % completed, hope that helps as I was updating my profile on here trying to track how close i was and the number wasn't moving.

On 1/4/2024 at 2:50 PM, LItillidie19 said:

Just platinumed this and I didn't run into any bugged trophies, genocide was of course last and you can track how far you are into it with the trophy card on the PS5 UI showing the % completed, hope that helps as I was updating my profile on here trying to track how close i was and the number wasn't moving.

The OP is talking about playing the PS4 version on PS5

• 2 weeks later...