Can't bring myself to finish any games....

verycorny

I have a problem of changing games as soon as it get bored.  Ended up with maybe 200-300 PS2 games and many others, only finish like 1% of them.

So here is my question, how do you do it?  Especially for the trophies hunter, don't you get bored after the first few hours?

Whoa! You have approximately 60 games at 0% :o Cant believe someone worse than me actually existed :P Anyways i know how you feel. I do the same every time. I skip from one game to another, but this is no problem for me since I skip over PS Plus games only. I have got just FIFA 13 and Killzone Mercenary and since those are the games i bought i play 'em a lot. In your case all I can advice you is, sell all the games you dont play and and start over on a new account. Most people often get discouraged by seeing lots of 0% in their account and this might be your case.

Just get rid of the games you KNOW you wont play and enjoy the other games to the fullest. If you have Plus on your current account you can play the games on another account on a PS3, but you cant do this on a Vita unfortunately. So at the moment the best thing would be to sell all the games you dont play a lot so that it doesnt tempt you to switch to that game.

There are a few games where I get bored after an hour or 2 and than they sit on my shelf for the rest of their lives. But the majority of games I can at least get through the story mode. After story mode is done I get bored a lot qucker. Although if I did switch games as frequently as you at least all my PS3 games would be on my profile lol. My backlog scares me ):

i know that problem, when i had a ps2 i was just like you changing games and buying another almost every week without finishing them, but now it's different mainly because of the trophy sistem i just like to hear that sound when i earn a trophy and is what keeps me playing the games but if is a game that i like very much i will play it even without the trophys.

• Like 2

Yep, I know that feeling and out of all the games I've got I haven't actually finished many of them.

My (fairly successful so far) tactic is to only allow myself to play 3 games, so when I get bored I switch between those 3. Since I started going after trophies though this hasn't been such a major problem since I like hearing the trophies pop.

Thanks for the advise!

I actually thought maybe the trophies hunting might work for me, that's why I joined this site. So I ended up with many more easy platinum games still haven't open yet, like the Lego games and many Japanese visual novel games. Also, selling my games really not an option, because leaving them as it give me sense that I might finish them one day.

I play every game I start to the finish.  I also usually play 1 game at a time, so I won't start a new one until I've finished the on I'm playing.  There are exceptions, but that is generally the case.  I find that if I switch between games a lot, my skill level tends to drop because the controls don't feel as "second nature" as they do when it's the only game I'm focusing on.  If I quit a game for awhile and come back to it I'll get obliterated by the very next boss, every time.

Oddly, this wasn't the case when I was younger, but it's how I started to aproach games as an adult.  It could be that I am also an avid book reader, so I tend to want to experience the stories in more linear way, start-to-finish way.

Don't get discouraged! Maybe you just need a new angle of view to your game collection! Try to see all your 0% like a challenge!
I always play a maximum of 4/5 games at times (a little variation can help when a particular trophy is difficult to catch) and every time I hear that *ding* I feel great :)
Another tip is try to play with a friend, if I have spectators I get more motivated sometimes :)

And don't forget the basic rule: have fun :) if a game is making you angry or nervous just leave it for a while and jump to another title ;)

• Like 2

May I ask where do you get your money from?

My rule is only play one game at a time, I often play it first on an alt account to see if I'll like it. I would hate to be a game slut.

In saying that tho I do have a lot of unfinished games on my account, which I will go back to eventually and finish.

I think its just who you are, some people care, some don't.

Hmm..I think you just cant find what games will make chalenge you..

I always jealous to my brother if he's better than me.. :(

So I always motivated my self to be better than him (even I can't)

But I proud to my self that I can finish the game like he did, even sometimes he told me what I should do :D

but at least I try

(we have some similarities genre games :D )

Is look like the problem is that I don't have much friend to play with, and both of my brother is cheap, they always "borrow" games without asking me, some never return because they just deny ever taking it.  Also, I always work at least 65 hours a week, and have a little store open online.  As for the where my money came from, is just from work, since most of my living expense is covered so I always ended up with extra from saving.

Being a total penny pincher, I force myself to get my money's worth out of the games  ;) there are a small number of games I just could not get into at all, and so shelved them.

Most games though, have lots of enjoyment hidden in them, even if you don't like the game itself. Best example I can give is Resident Evil 5. I personally didn't like the shift from survival horror to action game, but I really enjoyed playing the co-op with my nephew, and so the platinum seemed like no work at all. 

I try to finish them, don't care that much for the platinum, as a lot of games you spend like 12 hours to finish the game for the first time, and then you have to grind 30 hours to get a platinum, some games you have to spend more than 300 hours online to get a platinum. It's absurd.

I guess the most important is to have fun, so try to find games that make you forget you are playing,

and make you feel like you are part of the story. that works for me. B)

It happened to me with Assassin Creed 3 and Sleeping Dogs. I finally had no other game i wanted to play and completed AC3. Now  I playing sleeping Dogs again. When I got these games, I had many games to play. Now that there isn't many new games I coming out that I want, I time to play and enjoy them.

Edited by quit342

I think almost every gamer who have a large collection of games, face this moment sooner or later
I myself not better than you are, what I did was I took quite a long break from gaming like 2 weeks or so, then I just pickup my vita create a new account and start a new, coz in the old account I seldomly get a game to get past 20% progression
for your case maybe you can also take a break and start a new habit, pickup a title and concentrate to finish it 

I find that I become more engaged after a few hours.  I feel more strategic and driven to complete the game since becoming interested in trophies.
I think I have the opposite problem you have.  I don't start new games because I am afraid of the drain it will be to learn the methods it takes to be good at it.

I never had a problem with a game being bored, unless it involves a lot of grinding, but that it for some trophies mostly. Overall, I've enjoyed every game I've played from start to finish.

Maybe you should investigate more about the games you want before buying, and try not to have too many games at once, that is one big temptation when playing.

If the game bored you within a few hours, I doubt you would like the rest of the game.  Maybe you are buying the wrong type of games (for yourself).  Try some different genres and see what you like best.  Personally, most of the time I play games that I enjoy (especially with it comes to trophies).  If I don't like a game, I'll finish it (just purely for story) and would not touch the game again (or at least for a very long time).

Well, for me I experience a game like no one else. When I play a game and it get's boring I pretend I'm in the game. The only way to help me complete my task to save the world but I'm so far happy with the games I have. Sure there hard to plat but I never give-up. I listen to music or watch a move to help me motivate myself to play the game and complete. For me No Trophy Is Left Behind. There were nights where I couldn't sleep because I was so worried about getting a certain trophy and I know for a fact when I play KZ 2 for MP I will get no sleep lol. So for me when I get a plat I think I just won myself an oscar or something because I went on an epic journey to get it lol.