Fallen Angels (level hard) QTE sequences buggy?

Ken_sent_me

Chapter: 25

Console: PS4

Difficult level: Hard

Lives when starting chapter: 3 lives

Hi everyone,

I am currently replaying the game to get the two last trophies (hard and platinum) I am currently stuck on Fallen Angels. The sequence for getting pass these angels are buggy for me. I have verified the QTE sequences on various YouTube videos and they seem to match what is happening on my screen, the problem I have is that my controller is not registering some QTE. Especially in the first sequences until the first L1 R1 section. No matter what I do, i always end up with only 1 live left after the L1 R1 section. 

How can I get over this obstacle of the QTE not registering? For me, the last step of a sequence, either to the right or to the left doesn't register, even though I am sure that I have had the time to register the movement. If the last QTE is Up or down, it always work. Could it be that my controller is faulty? Have any one had this issue as well, and if so, how did you solve it? Should I start moving the joystick to the left even before it is showing up on the screen perhaps?

My biggest fear is that I have to replay some missions earlier, The Storm for example, and not fail at all, to gain more lives for later chapters.

update: I passed the section, with 1 live left (of 5). I was forced to go back to "the storm" chapter and redo that section to have more lives going to the fallen angel chapter. Still, the QTEs robbed me of lives in the fallen angel chapter because, well, the controller or some glitch in the game code. I don't know :)

I experienced same thing with PS4 controller when some keys were not registering. I could not pass the roof fight level for several years.

What helped me - I played via Remote Play and connected my keyboard with reWASD. So left analog as WASD and right the direction buttons. Was much more easier this way and only took me a couple of tries.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 1:52 PM, ReoJee said:

I experienced same thing with PS4 controller when some keys were not registering. I could not pass the roof fight level for several years.

What helped me - I played via Remote Play and connected my keyboard with reWASD. So left analog as WASD and right the direction buttons. Was much more easier this way and only took me a couple of tries.

That is a good idea actually! I will try that. I am currently trying to get the "road less travelled" trophy (my last one), but, it have not yet popped up. It is very frustrating, especially considering the sensitive keys on the controller, and have to replay QTEs so many times.

• Like 1