RPG Mania 2021 - Congrats AlterArchuria! (Completed)

On 21/05/2021 at 1:43 PM, xZoneHunter said:

Guess i'll miss out on some points then but oh well i'll post them now:

Mass effect 1: 100 + 60 - 17.61 + 50 (new game) + 50 (speed run) = 242.39

Mass effect 2: 100 + 66 - 6.99 + 50 (new game) + 50 (speed run) + 25 (series)= 284.01

Mass effect 3: 100 + 66 - 4.38 + 50 (new game) + 50 (speed run) + 50 (series) = 311.62

Mass effect: Legendary edition: 75 + 21 - 0.10 + 50 (new game) + 50 (speed run) + 75 (series) = 270.9

Would definitely recommend the trilogy if you haven't played them yet, remaster is the best way to play them. Includes all the DLC as well, which is a huge plus since the DLC does a lot, especially in Mass effect 3.

Mass effect legendary edition is a collection of the previous games so shouldn't it be voided under the no duplicates rules?

Edited by Lord_Bane999

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Mass effect legendary edition is a collection of the previous games so it should be be voided under the no duplicates rules.

I don't see how this is against any of the rules though?

As far as I can see, this is the only rule regarding stacking/duplicates and the part I highlighted in bold is important here as Zonehunter completed the PS3 versions of this trilogy long before this competition began.  I feel like his points are fair, and he worked hard for them during this competition and they should rightfully count.

There is no stacking in the event. That also includes remasters or other editions of the same game from other regions or systems. The only exception is that if you completed a version before the competition begins. 

3 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

As far as I can see, this is the only rule regarding stacking/duplicates and the part I highlighted in bold is important here as Zonehunter completed the PS3 versions of this trilogy long before this competition began.  I feel like his points are fair, and he worked hard for them during this competition and they should rightfully count.

I get he completed the PS3 versions before but I'm talking specifically about the Legendary Edition extra list itself. I was just curious if this violates the duplicates rule because he already got the individual lists for each game. Granted I think this is the only collection I ever seen that has a seperate list on top of the individual lists.

12 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

This is still a stack when going by the rules of the comp, we are not talking about the PS3 versions that were completed a while ago we are taking about what was submitted, Zone has submitted Mass Effect 1,2,3 which is fine but then the forth is Legendary Edition while it has additional content it is still a stack of the first 3 games. under the rules you copied It mentions That also includes remasters or other editions of the same game.
As Legendary is is an "other edition" of Mass Effect 1,2,3 it would not count as its a remastered version of Mass Effect 1,2,3.

5 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

I mean the list comes with the collection. It would be dumb that it doesn't count just because of the way they chose to set up the trophy lists.

As above Legendary version is a remaster of the original games but all in one, that still falls under a stack of 1,2,3. Your playing the same game as 1,2,3 its just a package all in one and not single games.

Edited by fisty123

I see Mass Effect: Legendary Edition as more like a DLC List and not a stack/duplicate (hell it doesn't even have a plat).

The name for the 4th list might make it look like a duplicate but in the end it's just extra trophies for clearing Mass Effect Trilogy at Insanity difficulty, have a romantic relationship with one of the party members, Use the same character in all 3 games and kill a certain number of enemies with melee attacks or any means throughout the Trilogy.

But It's up to @Psy-Tychist to determine if it breaks the rules or not.

• Like 2

Considering that the whole of the new Mass Effect games are referred to as Legendary Edition I'm sure you can understand my initial confusion, especially how the original post was worded before it was edited. 

8 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

The extra list is just a collection of extra trophies related to the three games on a separate list, none of which are shared with the other three lists. I don't see any reason to not allow it to be used for points.

19 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

I see Mass Effect: Legendary Edition as more like a DLC List and not a stack/duplicate (hell it doesn't even have a plat).

The name for the 4th list might make it look like a duplicate but in the end it's just extra trophies for clearing Mass Effect Trilogy at Insanity difficulty, have a romantic relationship with one of the party members, Use the same character in all 3 games and kill a certain number of enemies with melee attacks or any means throughout the Trilogy.

But It's up to @Psy-Tychist to determine if it breaks the rules or not.

Agree with both of these comments!

Well well well before I forget about my last two call outs, here they are! (and to give people more time actually getting them done)

@Morgana I just have to respond to call outs, so you'll get one! I read through our chat and noticed that Tales of Graces F never found its way onto your profile despite you wanting to play it. What's up with that?! Get to it dude!

@Arctic Cress One of our party members sitting at zero call outs yet, so I chose you! Why not complete Megadimension Neptunia VII? And if I'm a dick with that call out I'm sorry, I really tried not to be. But there were too many games I didn't know at all and the ones I knew were rough :P

I'm sitting at 2 call outs targeted at myself right now, just as a disclaimer. So other folks will need a little more love (or hate) than me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Morgana said:

Considering that the whole of the new Mass Effect games are referred to as Legendary Edition I'm sure you can understand my initial confusion, especially how the original post was worded before it was edited. 

Agree with both of these comments!

Yeah I edited after I seen how I wrote it lol, I was on a two hour sleep after doing a hard drive reinstall. So worded it pretty poorly. But now that I'm more awake. 

Anyways I was calling it into question on this. While I get it's a Collection and has separate lists, do we really count series stacker for all lists especially since every game has its own dedicated list. I don't think so, as when you complete the main games lists those are the games are your completions. If you award points for Legendary Edition list in the same way your basically saying it's another game which it isn't, it's just extra trophies. (The PS4 versions also carry less trophies then the PS3 versions.) I agree with Leon in that it's a dlc list at most if earned points. Again upto to Pay on what it is.

It's definitely an unusual case having an extra separate list like that.

• Like 1

@Lord_Bane999, @Morgana, @fisty123, @Leon Castle, @Arctic Cress thank you for your input.

Upon looking more closely at the trophies, they are more like DLC and will be treated as such. However, the trophies will be allowed the Series Stacker bonus as it is classed as such on the main PSNP site as a seperate stage. 

The scores will be amended to reflect this.

Edited by Psy-Tychist
  • Like 2

On 1/30/2021 at 9:13 PM, CaptainMonkster said:

For my double point RPGS I would like atelier Lula (if that counts as an rpg) and ff7 remake. For my triple pointer I'm gonna choose sword art online hollow realisation!

Atelier Lulua is done and dusted, will be moving on to either ff7R or SAO in the near future!

No new RPGs finished for me yet, but I'm planning to pick up Mass Effect Legendary next month, as well as play Okami, Soul Sacrifice and FF XIII between now and September, so I should get some more points on the board soon haha.

Anyway, I will do my callouts now, I believe these are all people who haven't had one yet so have fun -

@CaptainMonkster I'm calling you out for Okami! It's a game I'm planning to play in the next month or so, Beautiful style, and if my memories of the Wii version hold true, really fun as well.

@Lord_Bane999 I'm going to call you out for Transistor! A fantastic game from one of my favourite Devs - beautiful art, great music and not particularly long or difficult so get to it! :P

@xZoneHunter And finally, you get a call out for Valkyria Chronicles! Another game I love but haven't gotten around to the remaster, and another game with wonderful animation and art, an engaging story and fun characters

• Like 2

On 2021-05-25 at 8:15 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

@Lord_Bane999, @Morgana, @fisty123, @Leon Castle, @Arctic Cress thank you for your input.

Upon looking more closely at the trophies, they are more like DLC and will be treated as such. However, the trophies will be allowed the Series Stacker bonus as it is classed as such on the main PSNP site as a seperate stage. 

The scores will be amended to reflect this.

Out of curiosity why is it allowed the Series Stacker if its treated as DLC? That sounds like its getting special treatment since while its not being recognized as a game which would only get the stacker you said its DLC so that shouldn't apply here unless its being allowed to have games that people do for stacker with dlc to now have it applied to them as well. While I'm aware it tracks across the games unlike normal DLC it should still be treated as one if you say it is and not as both DLC AND a game, cause that will just open a can of worms with other DLC possibly.

I will use my 3 callouts as well then. Based myself off the sheet to see who hasn't received a call out game yet.

@Hisuiryu Final Fantasy Type 0 HD - Not the best FF game but it's a very enjoyable platinum. Nothing hard or grindy. Interesting story and charming cast of characters. I remember reading a ton of lore when i played it first. 

@TenebraZero Monster hunter world iceborne. You don't have a lot of unfinished games, so there was not much choice however MH iceborne is a damn good game. I see you already finished the base game so you know what to expect. IIRC all the event quests are active now so that should make crown hunting a lot easier.

@Kishnabe Drakengard 3. I see this on your list as a 0%. You should definitely give it a try. If you can look past the dated visuals, poor performance and sometimes out of place humor there is a gem of a game.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 2

Thanks @xZoneHunter for the call out, unfortunately the crown grind Is a pain, but miss only 13.

By the way, i have Finale fantasy IX already started but i have hidden the 2 trophies i've got :P

I have a dumb question: the trophies that count for the contest are only the One obtained After 31 january, right? I have started playng iceborne on 1st january.

Edited by TenebraZero

Quick game done for #10, just finished Undertale. I had this one installed for months and it turned out to be convenient later on :P

100 + 14(B) + 20(S) + 30(G) - 48.95 = 115.05

I might have lost 0.01 points because someone got the platinum after me while being too lazy for this post, but I think I'll be able to accept this cruel fate.

• Like 3

On 25/05/2021 at 9:54 AM, Hisuiryu said:

No new RPGs finished for me yet, but I'm planning to pick up Mass Effect Legendary next month, as well as play Okami, Soul Sacrifice and FF XIII between now and September, so I should get some more points on the board soon haha.

Anyway, I will do my callouts now, I believe these are all people who haven't had one yet so have fun -

@CaptainMonkster I'm calling you out for Okami! It's a game I'm planning to play in the next month or so, Beautiful style, and if my memories of the Wii version hold true, really fun as well.

@Lord_Bane999 I'm going to call you out for Transistor! A fantastic game from one of my favourite Devs - beautiful art, great music and not particularly long or difficult so get to it! :P

@xZoneHunter And finally, you get a call out for Valkyria Chronicles! Another game I love but haven't gotten around to the remaster, and another game with wonderful animation and art, an engaging story and fun characters

It is a great game have it completed on Steam might just have to do it on here then since I apparently own it twice ??

Btw what's everyone been busy with this week? I just finished the No Man's Sky event last night for the Normandy Frigate. Completed the 80's events in both Cold War and War Zone. Now just finishing up a Plat on a online service shutdown for Switchblade. Before heading back to Elder Scrolls.

3 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Btw what's everyone been busy with this week?

The original scheduled delivery date for my copy of SMT: Nocturne was June 1st or 2nd, per Amazon.  Monday night, they sent me an e-mail to expect it the next day.  Things like this are why I'm gravitating away from GameStop and towards Amazon for my new game releases that I just must have on release day.  (The fiasco with Persona 5 Royal last year and how it coincided with the onset of COVID shutting down everything didn't help GameStop's case.)  Unlike most other re-masters and re-makes, I'm enjoying this one.... though I'm also being reminded about just how brutal the game's difficulty can be at times.

I've got one call-out left to issue.  Is there anybody in particular who would like it, and would call out a game of mine in return?  (You'll need to get my list of unplayed stuff to return the call-out, because a glance through my profile will make it obvious that I don't have any partially-played RPGs other than my current project.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Btw what's everyone been busy with this week? 

Star Ocean: The Last Hope Remaster, I actually started it two years ago but for whatever reason at the time, the gameplay didn't really click with me.  I've had more free time on my hands just lately and thanks to some friends for encouraging me, decided to return back to it and I'm actually having a lot of fun.  My initial goal was just to get through the story, but I've been liking it well enough where I feel like I'll probably end up doing the grind and going for the platinum.  I have some free time anyway for the next few weeks so might as well make the most of it.

• Like 1